New Unique Items in Content Update 2.6.0

More item ;)
Last edited by ReyBerrako on Feb 21, 2017, 4:16:09 PM
"
grepman wrote:
"
KuaiGon wrote:

Tidebreaker: I hope the shown item can have a better phys roll, because if not i'd use Callinellus Malleus instead since i could block and what actually matters for a permastun build is consistent minimum dmg, not 'sometimes a really big hit'.

um...no ? to stun high hp rares and uniques you HAVE to have high top end damage. this means either a high end damage 2H or facebreakers or crazy crit (tbh crit by itself wont be enough)

there is no benefit having 10 attacks per second where all 10 attacks have consistent low end but all miss the chance to stun. whereas, there is a benefit of getting 1 attack out of these 10 where a high end roll causes a stun, for, say, a couple of seconds.

trash already gets one-shot so theres no reason to stun white/blue and non-hp bloated rare mobs

Sure thing, i'm aware of that ofc attack speed is not the way to go, but i remember someone made a build with an auric mace and a ton of dmg on tree that could permastun every endgame boss. To guarantee that 'perma' you had to have the most minimum dmg you could. That's what i meant. As other people commented, the actual way to go is to brute force stuns with deeeeeeps tho :)
A build that only has might is not mighty.
ADAPT OR RIP!
Last edited by KuaiGon on Feb 21, 2017, 4:03:31 PM
Very nice. I'm thinking maybe Threshold unique thingy would be good for Warchief Totem build... hmmm....
Are you guys just mentally blocked on making a good one handed mace?

Why does every update feature 2-3 new shiny two handed BIS weapons?

Why does every update feature zero one handed BIS weapons?

Does GGG understand how you have to hit the lottery to roll 150-300 dmg non Dagger one handed weapon, that is still underpowered in mid tier maps, and completely wet noodle in red?

Literally to even get a melee splash one handed build to clear DRIED LAKES packs in a party you need flat Phys on every item and insanely flawed uniques like BoR (which in a one handed setup means you don't get a 6l only BoR's pseudo 7l, hope your AOE attack is also great Single target; fun build diversity there) along with terri-bad 6k life due to the shit life rolls or non existent ones (Warden's Brand) and needing so much scaling to overcome the massive disadvantage of melee.

Melee: highest risk, worst DPS, worst mitigation (armor) worst eHP (life) feelsbadman
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Hmmm, looks pretty cool I think!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
"
Jibblies wrote:
I'm just curious... why do you think the Garukhan's Flight is a god-tier item? I can't see anything good on this.

1.) 30% movementspeed - great
2.) Apart from Atziri's Step the highest evasion rating on unique boots in poe - great
3.) Immunity to burning, shocked and chilled ground - great
4.) Flat 100 life regen - great
5.) Very high life for dex stacking builds - great
Of course it's not an item for every build out there (a good indicator for a well designed item) but apart from that the question is: What is it that you do not like about these boots?

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
darkpoetcc wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
(even though no one plays Heavy Strike)

I love how people make blanket statements about how "everyone" plays simply because many are too lazy or too afraid of making mistakes to try their own builds, or think they have to try to mimic the top 1% of players in the game.

Since I began playing more often, I have created my own build ideas, and seen how far I can take them. The game does not have to be about a copy/paste mentality for playing the game. Some players actually enjoy seeing what they can do with their own ideas and gear. Take SSF for example, where many of the "top" builds cannot be attained or made as viable, or as awesome, as they could by trading for a bunch of gear you are unlikely to find on your own. With that in mind, you take the best skills and gear available to you, and run with it until you find something better.

Does anyone else actually try to play the game for themselves, without Mathil, Ziggy, Project, Yoji or someone else telling them how to make every choice in the game? I find it hard to believe that there are not others who experiment with their own ideas -- even if it is using Heavy Strike as a normal skill...

Fine. I'll accept your criticism, but not your characterization. You might want to take a look at my signature - I've made my own build guide (for Scorching Ray, mind you, which had been panned in comparison to Blade Flurry) and it's hardly my only one, just my latest one. I always play my own builds (although I do my research first). I've literally never played a Mathil, Ziggy, Project or Yoji build (though I have borrowed individual ideas, usually from other players who aren't off-the-top-of-your-head streamers - can't recall ever borrowing from any of them, though).

As for where that comment came from, I've been playing this game since the first open beta 3.5 years ago. In all that time, I can't recall ever seeing anyone playing Heavy Strike at endgame. I didn't say "Blade Flurry or gtfo", but "no one (or almost no one, if you prefer) plays Heavy Strike", which, in my experience, no one does. You can chastise people for that behavior if you want, but my comment was simply a statement on the state of affairs itself, not an indictment of people's choices.
"
alhazred70 wrote:
with terri-bad 6k life due to the shit life rolls

6k life is terri-bad? What, do you play every one of your builds with Kaoms' Heart or something? People have defeated Shaper with less. 6k life is generally considered an endgame life total, in my experience. And don't bother pulling that stupid CI rabbit out of your hat - we're talking about endgame for a life build here.
Tidebreaker is alright... guess I'll try out a Ground Slam Witch on Legacy.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
5k or 6k, it doesn;t matter. You will get one shoted anyway, so you need to not get hit. People killed Atziri with 1 hp (CI + EB), GIT GUD scrub.

By the way have you heard about Bino or Varunastra? Great 1h Physical weapons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info