[LHC] 2.6 Ramona's CI Essence Drain

Hi Deciever,

i was asking the same question on page 1. At that time i didnt know about Path of Building where you can test your builds.

Breath of Council gives you about 15% extra damage (initial hit and dot).

Decay hits slightly harder than the Essence Drain dot itself.
It means a Decay weapon basically doubles your dot damage.
That makes it easy which weapon to choose. :)

"
Deciever wrote:
Greetings, Ramona. Probably I missed any mention of Breath of the Council, is it really that subpar?

"
(60-80)% increased Chaos Damage
10% increased Area of Effect of Area Skills
40% increased Chaos Skill Effect Duration

Hi Deciever,

Breath of the Council information is located at the bottom of the first page where I did answer Xirce. :)
Last edited by Ramona on Mar 7, 2017, 1:26:51 PM
"
Xirce wrote:
Hi Deciever,

i was asking the same question on page 1. At that time i didnt know about Path of Building where you can test your builds.

Breath of Council gives you about 15% extra damage (initial hit and dot).

Decay hits slightly harder than the Essence Drain dot itself.
It means a Decay weapon basically doubles your dot damage.
That makes it easy which weapon to choose. :)

Thanks! It's a great clarification.

"
Ramona wrote:

Hi Deciever,

Breath of the Council information is located at the bottom of the first page where I did answer Xirce. :)

Indeed, it's hilarious how I missed that.
Hi Ramona,

playing your build atm in Legacy league but after 2.6 AoE changes I feel like the radius of contagion it's been drastically reduced with just one cluster (tree) and Inc.AoE gem, anybody else is having the same issue? any suggestion to get some aoe anywhere else (maybe divinarius)? thank you for the awesome work.
"
jacklegno87 wrote:
Hi Ramona,

playing your build atm in Legacy league but after 2.6 AoE changes I feel like the radius of contagion it's been drastically reduced with just one cluster (tree) and Inc.AoE gem, anybody else is having the same issue? any suggestion to get some aoe anywhere else (maybe divinarius)? thank you for the awesome work.

Hi Jacklegno87,

In the Everything Else section, FAQ and 2.6 AoE changes shows how Contagion changed for 2.6.
For my specific setup, the radius is maybe 10% smaller total.
Last edited by Ramona on Mar 7, 2017, 8:42:58 PM
What worries me most isnt the radius of Contagion, the difference isnt that big.

But the radius of Blasphemie is pathetic now, it looks like its made for melee builds only.

I wonder if the investment into Leadership and 2 other Aura Area increases (90% in total) brings it back to an useful size. Until then its quite useless, unless you are constantly going melee.

Whats the point of slowing down mobs with Temporal Chains when they are already in melee range?
Whats the point of using Vulnerability (without Witchfire flask) when you have to go in the middle of a pack to curse them?
I am running Blasphemy with Enfeeble now to have a little defence against melee mobs at least, it seems the only useful combination atm.

After seeing that ive decided to not start with the Profane Bloom Ascendancy since it needs a cursed mob to function and only a few mobs around you get a curse.

I wonder if a classical CwDT Curse isnt the better option now even when you have to use a higher lvl CwDT.

What do you think?
"
Xirce wrote:
What worries me most isnt the radius of Contagion, the difference isnt that big.

But the radius of Blasphemie is pathetic now, it looks like its made for melee builds only.

I wonder if the investment into Leadership and 2 other Aura Area increases (90% in total) brings it back to an useful size. Until then its quite useless, unless you are constantly going melee.

Whats the point of slowing down mobs with Temporal Chains when they are already in melee range?
Whats the point of using Vulnerability (without Witchfire flask) when you have to go in the middle of a pack to curse them?
I am running Blasphemy with Enfeeble now to have a little defence against melee mobs at least, it seems the only useful combination atm.

After seeing that ive decided to not start with the Profane Bloom Ascendancy since it needs a cursed mob to function and only a few mobs around you get a curse.

I wonder if a classical CwDT Curse isnt the better option now even when you have to use a higher lvl CwDT.

What do you think?

Hi Xirce,

It may be necessary to go into Leadership.
In the earlier versions of my skill tree I do take it, the only one I do not is for the final one atm.
Unfortunately I have lost both my ED characters while leveling to server related issues haha.
I haven't had the chance yet to try ED with all the changes unfortunately.
Hello Ramona, almost 80 now, just went CI, some work to change passive tree and find decent gear.
I am a bit disappointed. I have problems to do maps as low as T3 or 4, mainly because I have 2 problems :
Permanent lack of mana. With 2 curses on blasphemy mana is low, regen is not high and no leech. I tried mana leech gem on contagion, but it didnt solve the issue. Not enough mana means multiple deaths when you cant cast ED fast enough.
Other problem is timing. I watched your video, you are amazingly fast in casting contagion and ED fast immediatly after. I cant do it, and even if I have mana enough, it takes time between both spells ... deadly.
Damage seems low too. I followed your new CI tree, I have the sai with chaos damage....
Well seems I am a bit lost.
Hey man nice guide im playing it atm in the new league...i didnt read the whole commentary section so maybe i missed on this one....is it possible to take a doedres damning ring and just take Vile bastion instead of Malediciont ? ofc with the option to later on buy a + one curse chayula and swap to a solid ring ...thx for the reply :)
Hi Ramona,

you died early on, thats bad to hear. :(
So far my only death was at 30 due to a unique breach boss who warped around and 2 shot me.
Luckily i am not playing HC. If you die in HC, do you leave the league or do you just continue as SC?

You are not playing ED atm, which build are you playing now?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info