[LHC] 2.6 Ramona's CI Essence Drain

"
Maaarc wrote:
Adding Zealot's Oath made surviving a bit easier. But I am still getting overwhelmed and killed when opening breaches in higher red maps. I went a slightly different way to keep me from running out of Mana by using clarity.

Only 2 curses (when using witchfire) seems to be okay for me. The next 3 points will go towards Leadership for the higher aoe. Taking the first point from the sovereignty cluster & the 16% spell dmg right at the witch starting point seems more efficient to me.

My gear got a bit better with a lucky in the last two days.

Next steps will be to improve my ES (slightly above 10k right now) and to level up my gems & quality them. Still waiting to add %ES to the rings I want to switch them with fast cast as currently the play style is a bit slow. Or is there any other advice on how I could improve?

Hi Maaarc,

forfun142857 is correct.
My build invests heavily in curses as one of our main defenses if not the most important one to have.
Not running enfeeble is probably the main cause of your trouble as the rest of the gear looks fairly good.
Nice post, I am enjoying your build.

Are you working on what gear / skill tree changes that low life would require?
"
Amnestic wrote:
Nice post, I am enjoying your build.

Are you working on what gear / skill tree changes that low life would require?

Hi Amnestic,

Sorry at this time I am not working on this section.
Mostly it's just finding room in your gem links to run Blood Magic auras.
Gear should honestly be the same, having a Shavronne's Wrappings makes fitting resistances a bit easier than Skin of the Loyal.
I would mention that I will likely add this section eventually but I believe the CI playstyle is superior to LL for Essence Drain.
I'm glad to hear everything is going well!
Hi Maaarc,

when it comes to curses Enfeeble should be top priority since our build lacks in armor, evade and block. The other defence we have is ES recharge every 4 sec and ES regen.

The ES regen from ED alone isnt that big to count on, especially in breaches we need alot more.
Here Growth and Decay is important and a Stone Golem.

I wouldnt put points to Influence, it just pushes ES a bit. If you miss Curse Area rather take Leadership. If you dont need 8% resistance i would go for Path of the Savant (more ES and damage) rather than Void Barrier.

Why dont you take Coordination when you take Harrier? Both improve your Shield Charge quite a bit. Faster movement is always useful and having improved cast time is a nice bonus.

Ive made some minor changes to your Tree which should be helpful:
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAPMTAAB334rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrl_RSUz1fIvRsC5MnvorK06EvtAzqug18V8ko-riTHNzr7o8apwiPRpuhGGp4L3zlWAf311Kvu03dX2f8f8YRlgcelS7w1UlRj_pcQIfLp5t1ns8V7BgsvxXXhq5WY05tpcScMkZxgwnhiB2q_kmCx_noDkhd8rcw6FomiCsKES_rYwMeH0G1SHaCyAy00Ra_D6ski8M6ieDmWJMfSRMZivsJ9toaj5u1hMU3g6brLKaQ1oRIXGvDbR0U-tL3wRcvZOffsFXWgKSycCpTfqFp2Lv8FX588JEHQnp6cAAAAAAA

With less mana reserved you should try the tri-curse setup now.
If you need survivability in HC, it is still an option to go Delirium Bow + Soul Strike. Soul Strike + Wicked Ward combo is pretty good. If you can get your hands on a legacy version, gg. ;)
"
Mithradas wrote:
If you need survivability in HC, it is still an option to go Delirium Bow + Soul Strike. Soul Strike + Wicked Ward combo is pretty good. If you can get your hands on a legacy version, gg. ;)

Hi Mithradas,

Soul Strike is pretty good, I would probably only use it in a weapon swap myself.
I prefer the much larger ES available from a shield, resistances, block chance and Shield Charge myself. :)
I just wanna start off by saying that I LOOOOVE this build.

my only issue is mana, how do i keep up lol, even with a mana flask i still find myself out of mana sometimes

also, am i supposed to go zealots oath or not? the tree is buggy af for me
Last edited by RabzH on Mar 12, 2017, 6:40:06 PM
Hey Ramona, I saw a video made by Liftingnerdbro, in which he stated that The Consuming dark does more damage than a Delirium dagger being more effective in high tier maps.
I think that he said that because of the poison effect, but with that this build will struggle against poison immune bosses like chimera and hydra.
What do you think about? :)
"
Giammafix wrote:
Hey Ramona, I saw a video made by Liftingnerdbro, in which he stated that The Consuming dark does more damage than a Delirium dagger being more effective in high tier maps.
I think that he said that because of the poison effect, but with that this build will struggle against poison immune bosses like chimera and hydra.
What do you think about? :)

Hi Giammafix,

I have a section under 'Everything else' tab and FAQ for my opinion on The Consuming Dark versus Delirium.
To summarize poisom scales higher but you need 3-4 casts of ED to apply poison for it to be the same or more damage than Delirium.
Also I do not take nodes in my tree to optimize for Poison scaling, so I would keep in mind that you would need to change points if you used it.
"
RabzH wrote:
I just wanna start off by saying that I LOOOOVE this build.

my only issue is mana, how do i keep up lol, even with a mana flask i still find myself out of mana sometimes

also, am i supposed to go zealots oath or not? the tree is buggy af for me

Hi RabzH,

Glad to hear it's going really well for you!
I would consult the latest skill tree at the top of my guide, it is the only currently updated version.
Keep in mind this is the current GG or Final version of this skill tree, it may be better to allocate points else where before taking all 5 jewels.
Yes my skill trees do take Zealots Oath, unfortunately it was moved to the top left of the tree.
As for the mana issues, I recommend finding the three points for Charisma and buying a Heretic's Veil.
These two together should give you more than enough mana to work with, as long as you keep the mana flask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info