[LHC] 2.6 Ramona's CI Essence Drain

10/10 BEST BUILD!
"
Thanks, but its too common things haha :D
Yup, have no idea why i missed link on 84 life version.
Question about Malediction and 3ple curse, is it possible to have it without Veil? Maybe it's much better, at first, have 2 curses (one from normal tree) and pick Vile bastion?
Want to listen your ideas about curses, if it's possible.
And thank you for you answers~

Hi again pemens1,

This definitely is doable.
For solo self found you have to consider my third curse comes from Witchfire Brew and you can't rely on one dropping early on.
With Enfeeble and Temporal chains already on mana reserve you can't really fit Vulnerability on Blasphemy either.
I would say for SSF purposes it is likely better to take Vile Bastion until you are able to find a Witchfire Brew.
Even then it's really your preference but I would always choose Tricurse with Witchfire over Vile Bastion personally.
I am baffled by how I'm constantly killed by random stuff. Below is my gear setup and I was struggling to even complete merciless labyrinth, I managed to complete it after many tries. ES is sitting at around 7.8k and I can't play smoothly without trying so hard to not die in Canyon maps, for example, especially the two bosses. I'm running 20%Q Blasphemy and 14%Q Temp chains as well. Any input on how to improve my defenses or what I'm doing wrong?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAMeBx4I9A18DkgPqxB7EQ8RLxFQEZYTbRQJFVAVfhXXFr8bJRzcH0Ei6iL0JIsmiCj6KlsrCiy_Nbk2PTsNPV9CekM2SRNJUUuuTLNSU1KvUuxWY1fJXEBca13yYqxn_GqMbAtsjG0ZdZ52gnn2enB8g3zwf8aCx4RIhq6Hy4ngjxqPRo_6kQeTH5MnlS6XlZf0m6GdqqLZpwinK6ebrJiw2LTFtNG1SLcwuJO7Tbv8vjrC7MM6w23IDMgUzxXQH9lb2xrdX9-K5ljpAutj6-7sGO_r8NX1b_fX-eg=?accountName=trevorllw&characterName=Legacy_main
Last edited by trevorllw on Mar 5, 2017, 9:01:13 PM
"
trevorllw wrote:
I am baffled by how I'm constantly killed by random stuff. Below is my gear setup and I was struggling to even complete merciless labyrinth, I managed to complete it after many tries. ES is sitting at around 7.8k and I can't play smoothly without trying so hard to not die in Canyon maps, for example, especially the two bosses. I'm running 20%Q Blasphemy and 14%Q Temp chains as well. Any input on how to improve my defenses or what I'm doing wrong?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAMeBx4I9A18DkgPqxB7EQ8RLxFQEZYTbRQJFVAVfhXXFr8bJRzcH0Ei6iL0JIsmiCj6KlsrCiy_Nbk2PTsNPV9CekM2SRNJUUuuTLNSU1KvUuxWY1fJXEBca13yYqxn_GqMbAtsjG0ZdZ52gnn2enB8g3zwf8aCx4RIhq6Hy4ngjxqPRo_6kQeTH5MnlS6XlZf0m6GdqqLZpwinK6ebrJiw2LTFtNG1SLcwuJO7Tbv8vjrC7MM6w23IDMgUzxXQH9lb2xrdX9-K5ljpAutj6-7sGO_r8NX1b_fX-eg=?accountName=trevorllw&characterName=Legacy_main

Hi Trevorllw,

I would work on picking up Whispers of Doom (+1 curse) so you can ideally run Enfeeble in your setup.
Your gloves are currently missing quality and the chest is quite low for an ES base.
Honestly the rest of your gear looks pretty solid and the tree isn't too far off from what I would use.
I would definitely recommend picking up an ES based belt though.
Other than this everything else seems mostly fine.
*EDIT*
Your flasks are something I would definitely change, I run a Granite and Basalt to mitigate physical damage.
I would recommending checking my flask setup within the Gear section to compare to what I normally use.
Last edited by Ramona on Mar 5, 2017, 10:05:31 PM
Thanks for the reply Ramona. I did try running enfeeble + temp chains but still got killed rather easily. I'm starting to think that it could be due to the recent AOE changes and Blasphemy didn't get an AOE change compared to other gems. I do feel that the radius it covers right now is very lacking. Maybe I should grab some aura radius, mana reserved and like you mentioned, the +1 curse nodes so that I can run discipline + blasphemy temp chains + enfeeble. As for my gear and flasks, most of them definitely need to be improved and changed which I'm working on.
Hello Ramona,
Following your build in Legacy, lvl 65 and its doing quite well so far.
I have a prolly noob question but ... how can you run enfeeble and temporal chains on blasphemy, plus dicipline, in terms of mana ?
Discipline is 35% mana reserved, Blasphemy 35% too and I have to cast it twice isnt it ?

What am I doing wrong ? Thank you.
Last edited by Scipion75 on Mar 6, 2017, 7:21:53 AM
Hi Trevorllv,

beside Enfeeble you are missing ES regen, which play a big part in your defences.
Put a point into Zealoths Oak. Then you are missing a point next to Growth and Decay for more regen.

Personally i am not a big fan of Piercing Shots, you have to use alot of points just to get it.
For the rare cases youll need it, i would switch Temporal Chains for Projectile Weakness to receive a 100% pierce.

Since you have the Witchfire flask a 3 curse setup would be useful.
But running Blasphemy with Temporal Chains and Enfeeble together with Disciple youll need some mana reserved nodes.

When going for Zealoths Oak you can use Sovereignty next to it which gives you the important mana reserve. Together with Charisma (near Vaal Pact) it should be enough to have some mana again.

To get all the needed points i would remove the points to Piercing shot (with unneeded Blood Drinker) and the phy/chaos damage nodes. You could put points into Melding and convert the life into more ES via a jewel later on.

Here is the Tree i would use in your case:
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAOUTAABw34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrl_RSUz1fl5Ui9GwLkye-iqEv74j5N9fPSbF_xhGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-lxAh8unm3WezxXsGCy_FdeGrlZjDkhd8isKES8DHh9B62O1SHaCyAy00Ra_D6ski8M6ieDmWJMfSRPK07QM6roNfFfJKPq4kxzc6-6nCI9Gm6H311Kvu03dX2f8GGp4L3zlWAcdFPrS98EXL2TnVdaApBmK-wn22hqPIurbGhB7vjqESFxrw22Cx_notzDoWiaIHU-PGnzwkQdCenpwu_wVfn6hadgAAAAAAA==

Btw i was thinking of using a Stone Golem for more regen and his taunt should help as well.
Hi,
thank your for providing this guide. I read it before choosing this as my league starter and it was easy to follow and well written!
But somehow I missed the LIFE STEAL part of Essence Drain...
That is why my tree leads me to having no leech (no ZO) and only surviving through passive regeneration or vaal discipline(breaches are still very tough and kill me around 90%).

To fix this fault I will first move towards Zealots Oath and follow that by Whisper of Doom later. Not sure yet if the pierce nodes will be sacrificed or something else.

I crafted a weapon and I am not sure if it does work with malediction or not(http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Malediction).

Could start to craft more as Essences of Delirium aren't that expensive right now.

Current gear is nothing special, still running with a 5 link. With time I am looking forward to bring this build to it^s full potential.
"
Maaarc wrote:
Hi,
thank your for providing this guide. I read it before choosing this as my league starter and it was easy to follow and well written!
But somehow I missed the LIFE STEAL part of Essence Drain...
That is why my tree leads me to having no leech (no ZO) and only surviving through passive regeneration or vaal discipline(breaches are still very tough and kill me around 90%).

To fix this fault I will first move towards Zealots Oath and follow that by Whisper of Doom later. Not sure yet if the pierce nodes will be sacrificed or something else.

I crafted a weapon and I am not sure if it does work with malediction or not(http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Malediction).

Could start to craft more as Essences of Delirium aren't that expensive right now.

Current gear is nothing special, still running with a 5 link. With time I am looking forward to bring this build to it^s full potential.

Hi Maaarc,

Glad to hear your response with the build is going mostly ok!
Zealots oath is certainly a huge part of the CI transition and I wouldn't play without it.
Sorrow of the Divine flask can help in the short term but I would certainly pick Zealot's Oath as soon as possible.
Honesty the damage portion of Malediction is something I do not bother with at all for the purposes of the guide.
Even if you wanted to somewhat take advantage of it, it would only apply to the initial hit of Essence Drain but would not scale the DoT portion.
Its use simply comes from being able to Tricurse with the Whispers of Doom cluster before having a +1 curse amulet.
Greetings, Ramona. Probably I missed any mention of Breath of the Council, is it really that subpar?

"
(60-80)% increased Chaos Damage
10% increased Area of Effect of Area Skills
40% increased Chaos Skill Effect Duration

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info