Molten Shell

Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
The passive node "Buff Effect: 6% increased Effect of Buffs You Cast" has zero benefit on Molten Shell level 1. Using a Level 11 Templar.

Is this intended?
"
Lionguild wrote:
The passive node "Buff Effect: 6% increased Effect of Buffs You Cast" has zero benefit on Molten Shell level 1. Using a Level 11 Templar.

Is this intended?
It should increase the amount of armour you get from the buff. You should be able to see it in the character panel.
Ok yes it did increase the armor according to the character panel. Should this passive node also increase the damage?
"
Lionguild wrote:
Ok yes it did increase the armor according to the character panel. Should this passive node also increase the damage?
No. The damage is part of the skill, not the buff.

The Molten Shell Skill does two things:
1) Adds a buff to you which improves your armour
2) Records damage prevented and if it exceeds a threshold, the skill will remove the buff and deal damage in an area around you.

Buff Effect increases will increase only how big the bonuses to your stats you get from buffs are, not anything else that a skill involving a buff does.
We're working on making this more clear.
LVL 21 Marauder, sword and shield, specced for armor,resist and +fire damage.

All I do is run around with Molten Shell up and gather the mobs around me. Everything dies and I am pretty much invincible.

I wonder if this will hold up at higher levels though.
"2) Records damage prevented"

what kind of damage did it prevent?
cos when i try this skill and stand in mobs, he didnt explose.(without shield) With shield when i block attack he explose.
2-H Marauder lvl48

I'm not gonna use my standard rating system for this baby here.
As of now, after many hours of fun in the open weekend, i hereby vote Molten Shell as my most favorite passive Skill.
I would fall in love completely if it could be activated while running!

5 out of 5 stars
So Mark,

Molten Shell should get a damage increase to the explosion portion of the skill if you link it to the new Iron Will support gem, right?

(Assuming you have enough strength to get some damage% bonus)
This skill is so imbalanced/broken on enemy goatmen shamans using it.

It deals way too much damage to players, enough to easily 1-shot players from full health, even with medium-high fire resistance.
Shaman bosses and Maelstrom of chaos shamans using molten shell are particularly problematic.

At the LEAST there should be a damage cap of 100% of the players life before resistances. Changing that to 40% of player's health after resistances, or even 60% of player's health before resistances would obviously be just as good.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info