Molten Shell

guys im looking for somethen to be more effective as a tank on my marauder on hc tempest, soo i think about molten shell, but with what i should mix it to make that gem more usefull??
"
Rafcio84 wrote:
guys im looking for somethen to be more effective as a tank on my marauder on hc tempest, soo i think about molten shell, but with what i should mix it to make that gem more usefull??
cast on damage taken, also tempest shield in same link.
The armor molten shell provides seems to be greatly reduced in 2.0 (wiki apparently still shows the old values). I don't see it in the patch notes, so is this change intentional?
So, if vaal molten shell is up, and regular molten shell procs, it overrieds VMS. Therefore you loose VMS. IS this intended? I mean i can get arround this buy taking molten shell out before i use VMS, but what a pain in the butt. Seems like it would make more sense to just not have MS override VMS. Amma right? Please devs, can we change this?
I still have to find a use for this skill outside of PVP scenario... if it only had the same mechanics as Tempest Shield or if it had at least a 30 secs duration, then maybe it would actually be a bit more useful.

Using it with CWDT? I'd roll a melee Witch before that ever happen.
I have a guildmate that says MS absorbs damage, effectively adding to his life pool while it is up. He says that while MS absorbs damage, his ES recharge start is not interrupted.
And I thought MS only added armour, and the absorb thing was only a counter towards the shield breaking and dealing the AoE damage. Who is right, me or guildmate?
You are correct, Molten Shell simply grants Armour, not some extra layer of HP.
I made a build that can self-explode Molten Shell about 4 times in 3 seconds in HIdeout (using
+ Summon Skeletons + high physical absob).

It works, it is fun and unique, but clearing speed is very low due to small AoE of molten shell. With 35% AoE from tree and AoE gem on top it still feels like level 5 Cleave.

I suggest to increase the AoE significantly (like +25-30%) or at least apply Cleave treatment (+1% AoE per level of gem).

I mean, this spell no dought has crazy numbers on it, but triggers rarely/unreliably and you need to build/gear to reach consistency. So it should be seriously rewarding.
It kinda reminds Discharge in that aspect.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Oct 11, 2016, 12:56:59 AM
Would it be mechanically possible to trigger the Molten Shell explosion by casting a molten shell that does physical damage to you, for example through the mana cost, with Scold's Bridle? Either in the way that damage occurs after the buff takes effect, or that damage occurs before the new MS replaces the old one?
Curious: Is molten shell supposed to be preventing the shocked debuff?

Tested it Esh's domain, was curious why I never had to remove shock from myself. Managed to pin it down to Molten Shell. When the buff is up, I am immune.

Currently linked with Cast When Damage Taken and Inc Duration.

I'm not complaining. I'm just curious what other debuffs it could prevent. Chilled/Freeze would seem logical. But google had very little answers and the Wiki doesn't mention status effects at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info