Molten Shell

Redesign the graphic effect of this spell make it at least more transparent ;)
afret 1.0.1. patch i don't see those smaller charges when i use Molten shell :)
I have one question about Molten Shell i have not seen confirmed or asked yet. I believe I am right that it does but just to make sure. The bonus armour received from the buff once applied will be affected by your % armour nodes in your passive tree. Say if your base armour is 1000 and you have 30% increase in nodes (1000 x 1.30)=1300 apply your molten shell say it adds 100 armour your base is then 1100 so (1100 x 1.30)= 1430 am i correct here or does in only add on to your total after your passive nodes like (1000 x 1.30)+100 = 1400. I would put this to the test my self just do not have the nodes or am close to any. Thank you for the help in advance.
"
AbStRaCt4239 wrote:
I have one question about Molten Shell i have not seen confirmed or asked yet. I believe I am right that it does but just to make sure. The bonus armour received from the buff once applied will be affected by your % armour nodes in your passive tree. Say if your base armour is 1000 and you have 30% increase in nodes (1000 x 1.30)=1300 apply your molten shell say it adds 100 armour your base is then 1100 so (1100 x 1.30)= 1430 am i correct here
Correct
I have a question... from the description:

"Summons fiery elemental shields providing additional armour for a short duration. If cumulative physical damage prevented by your blocking or armour reaches a threshold, the shields explode outwards, dealing fire damage to surrounding enemies."

Does this mean the MORE armour you have, the faster the explosion will go off, since you will be absorbing more.

I had never really looked into the skill before, but I had always thought that the more damage you were taking the faster it would go off.

From reading the description though, it seems as though you could stack armour, absorbing most damage so you don't take much, while still setting off the explosion faster.

If anyone can confirm that I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
Yep, the more Physical damage you prevent, the sooner it explodes. Increasing your Armour, Block Chance etc. are good ways to get Molten Shell to explode quickly.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 24, 2013, 9:02:51 AM
Why does this skill keep flying under the radar for balance? Its bull shit in pvp, even a 4linked Molten with fire penetration and a good critical chance/multiplier will nearly 1hit over 9000hp players just for them trying to touch you with physical damage.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Nov 25, 2013, 7:44:52 AM
"
MullaXul wrote:
Why does this skill keep flying under the radar for balance? Its bull shit in pvp, even a 4linked Molten with fire penetration and a good critical chance/multiplier will nearly 1hit over 9000hp players just for them trying to touch you with physical damage.

Well, it's because GGG balance never considered PvP. Molten Shell deals very high per-cast damage (several times higher than other spells), but you should take certain physicaldamage to trigger it. Against mobs, it's balanced.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
It needs a 2second min. cooldown implemented on it then. Especially with the introduction of trigger gems. You can still benefit from Molten Shell greatly in pvm self cast or triggered. This way you can atleast force a recast state in pvp allowing you to capitalize on that. It sounds stupid but if you've pvped you'd soon notice its a heeeeelllllll of alot less stupid then the state we're in now. My nearly 1hit you comment was a bit misleading aswell..lets say 8 out of 10 times if a critical hits 9600hp is down to 0. So you can't even touch someone who has a dedicated Molten Shell which takes...nothing more then being a critical caster of any type in the first place and running a 3-4link. Theres a number of reasons why Molten is so powerful. Its not so much its base damage or cast time. Its how fire penetration works and how powerful critical multipliers are. To avoid ruining criticals and to avoid ruining elemental casters damage outputs by tweaking both criticals and penetration gems. Id rather suggest the cooldown on Molten Shell, it absolutely should not be a spammable attack.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Nov 25, 2013, 7:49:34 AM
I would use Molten Shell more if it didn't lag whenever the shield explodes. Can this animation be pre-loaded or something? Kind of a bummer. Skill is otherwise very cool. Can't comment on the balance side.
In the morning
Laughing happy fish heads
In the evening
Floating in the soup
is there ever going to be molten shell mtx? make it look like the goatman version? (3 small fire runes orbiting characters,instead of those huge shields)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info