So You can get Broken Legacy Uniques in Legacy League.

"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I don't play much and still find 1-2 each day. They obviously buffed Exalted orbs droprate this League.

Source? I call bs on this.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I don't play much and still find 1-2 each day. They obviously buffed Exalted orbs droprate this League.

Personal experience. I never got so many Exalted drop during previous Leagues. I find Exalt every day when I play in Breach.

By playing I don't mean sitting in hideout for hours and then chilling in few awful layout maps picking up everything and travelling back to hideout many times.

"
Gopstop22 wrote:
1-2 ex each day? you must be shitting me i have found 4 ex since open beta and i play every league for atleast 600 hours

It's you who must be shitting me. No way you found only 4 Ex during all this time. If you actually play the game efficiently.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Feb 25, 2017, 7:23:01 AM
Great way to fix the economy.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
It's you who must be shitting me. No way you found only 4 Ex during all this time. If you actually play the game efficiently.

AFK is my favorite mode.

How many maps do you do per day on average?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
1-2 ex each day? you must be shitting me i have found 4 ex since open beta and i play every league for atleast 600 hours

Essence league. 250-300 hours of gameplay. 600-700 maps completed and fully cleared. 4 exalt drops.

1-2 ex a day sounds like a lot, though doable if you chain maps 10-14 hours a day and clear a map in 5 minutes.

4 ex since open beta sounds like extremely bad luck.

With trading you can get much more of course, I'm talking about pure drops here.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Personal experience. I never got so many Exalted drop during previous Leagues. I find Exalt every day when I play in Breach.

By playing I don't mean sitting in hideout for hours and then chilling in few awful layout maps picking up everything and travelling back to hideout many times.

"
Gopstop22 wrote:

Well see thats the interesting thing about RNG... My exp this league points to exactly the opposite as the past 2 leagues. Prophecy i found something like 5-6 Exalted Orbs throughout the league and in Essence i found a whopping 8 Exalts (Best League so far for me) i think total throughout the league... Breach... 2 Exalts this league.. 3 if you count the one that dropped in a party i was in allocated to me but i didn't get to it in time before short allocation opened it to everyone and someone else grabbed it before me.

So with both of our experiences that moreso points to there was no change to the drop rate you just had lady luck on your side this league more than other and she just happen to abandon me this league but was in full force for me last 2 leagues. .

1-2 a day is a bit of an exaggeration. Considering out of the countless Exalts ive seen drop since open beta ive only had 2 exalts drop in the same day twice. and only had 2 days in a row where an exalt dropped each day once. I feel its also worth mentioning since i started keeping track a few leagues ago.. Nearly 70% of my Exalt drops have been from random chests and flipping rocks over and breaking things rather than from killing mobs as well. Until this league.. Both my exalts were from mobs this league unfortunately 2 drops is a bit too low to really make any case for this but in Essence my best league all but one dropped from chests.

Same in Prophecy only one dropped from on mob rest come from chests and breakables. Other leagues before those were the same cases where something like 2 out of every 3 would come from breakables. Also upon noticing this thats when my exalt drops went up considerably since i started making a point to hit all chests and breakables. There were leagues i would go all league without a single drop now i never have less than 2 and 2 if terrible for a league for me.

Point is RNG makes it nearly impossible to truly know if there's been any adjustment to any drop rates. Since some people may read my exp and have similar experiences while other may read my exp and have nothing close to mine.. And even other could have even BETTER exp with drop rates and things. But to be certain one person's exp in drop rates will tell you litteraly nothing what so ever as to any drop rate adjustments as a result.

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Feb 25, 2017, 8:29:52 AM
Well, you know, if I got 2077 map tiers done currently and we take into consideration that I levelled two chars and haven't been doing any farming otherwise so my average map tier was probably 8 or something, we get to the figure of ~250 maps. If I found 2ex, that's 0,008 per map and I'd expect to do 125 map per day on average to drop one. And, just like Demonoz, I leave no container unmolested.

And I'm counting this as one of my luckier leagues, I played much more in last league and also found two exalts, in some I got none. So I can see how they decided to set reliquary key to be more common, most legacy uniques aren't all that good, or rare.

Last edited by raics on Feb 25, 2017, 8:39:48 AM
"
raics wrote:
Well, you know, if I got 2077 map tiers done currently and we take into consideration that I levelled two chars and haven't been doing any farming otherwise so my average map tier was probably 8 or something, we get to the figure of ~250 maps. If I found 2ex, that's 0,008 per map and I'd expect to do 125 map per day on average to drop one. And, just like Demonoz, I leave no container unmolested.

And I'm counting this as one of my luckier leagues, I played much more in last league and also found two exalts, in some I got none. So I can see how they decided to set reliquary key to be more common, most legacy uniques aren't all that good, or rare.

Well see that's another important factor to consider.. Some builds can push 2K map tiers in a DAY of farming. Especially if its certain straight layout like Strands and as a result those people obviously see the most exalts. There's a video of a guys shadowplay this league in breach and if you watch it all this dude drops well over 20 exalts throughout the league and this video was posted a few weeks ago as well. But hes also playing super fast clearing builds such as cospris and such. Vaal Spark is another build that makes it possible to clear maps super fast and the more maps you clear the more loot you see and the better chances that loot will end up being exalts as well.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Demonoz wrote:
Well see that's another important factor to consider.. Some builds can push 2K map tiers in a DAY of farming. Especially if its certain straight layout like Strands and as a result those people obviously see the most exalts. There's a video of a guys shadowplay this league in breach and if you watch it all this dude drops well over 20 exalts throughout the league and this video was posted a few weeks ago as well. But hes also playing super fast clearing builds such as cospris and such. Vaal Spark is another build that makes it possible to clear maps super fast and the more maps you clear the more loot you see and the better chances that loot will end up being exalts as well.

Aye, it's as you say, my point was that they know it wouldn't fly for casuals and semi-casuals that run 10-20 maps a day so they've set the drop rate higher.

Also, if you're a casual you don't have the sample size to say with any certainty if exalt drops were buffed or not, you aren't at the point where you're bruteforcing the rng.

Last edited by raics on Feb 25, 2017, 9:02:54 AM
what do exalts have to do with "broken" legacy uniques?

I hope they are super rare. Like 1 out of 100 relic chests or less.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Feb 25, 2017, 9:08:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info