So You can get Broken Legacy Uniques in Legacy League.

I think this league will destroy the game...
"
Deadpeng wrote:

What has been destroyed can still be destroyed.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
Nephalim wrote:
Most of them are not broken in the current metagame.

It's time to un nerf cloak and tfist.

This

Hoping this could be a testing ground for it actually. Not sure if they've thought that far ahead.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Deadpeng wrote:

Standard or legacy whatever its called( if they change the name) will still be a dumping ground and many wont ever care about the legacy items they get once 3.0 launches as like me they dont play standard. Standards economy for specific items may fluctuate but no more so than when a person with a legacy koams quits playing and the item becomes slightly more rare. It will get a price drop for maybe one or two months after the dump in 3.0 then it will climb again as the scarcity of the commodity is once again seen realistically .
Last edited by Artaniz on Feb 22, 2017, 12:51:53 AM
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Most of them are not broken in the current metagame.

It's time to un nerf cloak and tfist.

This

Hoping this could be a testing ground for it actually. Not sure if they've thought that far ahead.
You can definitely do interesting stuff with it.

You can get 6% of damage gained as mana when hit on rings, amulets and shields.

Thats potentially 24% of damage gained as mana right there.

If you manage to get it on two Praxis thats an additional 16% soo you now have 40% of damage gained as mana when hit. Add that in with MOM + COD + Mind of The Council (3% of mana gained when you shock) and you have a very interesting amount of EHP. There is one 3% node on the tree but its not worth getting at all. Of course also add in life leech/mana leech.

Its something ive wanted to do but havent ever had the time to try.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
not sure why anyone is concerned, there are literally years worth of these items on standard. adding 3 more months worth isn't going to affect much of anything.

The fact anyone still cares about the economy on standard after 17 leagues worth of items dumped into it is a bit mind boggling really.
Last edited by Asmosis on Feb 22, 2017, 2:36:06 AM
"
Antares_Draco wrote:
Sorry I'm massively new, only started in January, and I lot of what I have read makes little sense to me since I know nothing about PoE before Breach and the month of January.

Am I reading right that older items that have since been nerfed or otherwise changed can possibly have their pre-change versions drop in upcoming Legacy League? Am I interpreting this right?

Yeah. But they can drop only from special chest located in special place that can be opened with rare item that drops - basically special map.
"
Asmosis wrote:
not sure why anyone is concerned, there are literally years worth of these items on standard. adding 3 more months worth isn't going to affect much of anything.

The fact anyone still cares about the economy on standard after 17 leagues worth of items dumped into it is a bit mind boggling really.

Well, to the first part, there are a lot more people playing now...the amount of legacy uniques in standard could double, or increase 5 or 10 fold. That's still not a huge number I'd imagine - a lot of legacy uniques are probably sitting in stashes on accounts that are (1) focused on league play, or (2) no longer play PoE.

Agree on the second part, who in the hell cares about standard economy? o.O

I hope this gets rolled into standard permanently. Fun chase items, build enabling stuff, broken stuff. Why not? It should be a fun sandbox in standard.
Why does everybody suddenly act as if every player will be guaranteed to find several Ancient Reliquary Keys in Legacy League which will definitely drop Legacy Kaom's? To an extend that will hugely impact standard economy even?

First off, GGG stated already those Keys will be rare. You do know from past leagues that something to be rare means it will not be seen by everybody playing the game.
Also we do not even know if Legacy Kaom's will be able to drop as a Relic. Of course we all hope so.
However there might even be a rarity table tied to the Relic chests, so that some uniques (the most powerful ones obviously) will drop less often than others.

tl;dr: Knowing GGG I am very sure the market will NOT be 'flooded with those powerful legacy uniques' in a way that would devalue them or even hurt item flippers in standard.
IGN: Kyrell
Last edited by Giveitall on Feb 22, 2017, 4:46:45 AM
"
Giveitall wrote:
Why does everybody suddenly act as if every player will be guaranteed to find several Ancient Reliquary Keys in Legacy League which will definitely drop Legacy Kaom's? To an extend that will hugely impact standard economy even?

First off, GGG stated already those Keys will be rare. You do know from past leagues that something to be rare means it will not be seen by everybody playing the game.
Also we do not even know if Legacy Kaom's will be able to drop as a Relic. Of course we all hope so.
However there might even be a rarity table tied to the Relic chests, so that some uniques (the most powerful ones obviously) will drop less often than others.

tl;dr: Knowing GGG I am very sure the market will NOT be 'flooded with those powerful legacy uniques' in a way that would devalue them or even hurt item flippers in standard.

Oh you'll find Reliquary keys on a semi-regular basis, thats pretty certain. I'd guess probably 1:20 compared to regular unique item drops? maybe 1:50. something like that. not insanely rare, but no like dropping alts.

I think what people are not quite grasping is the Keys are basically an unid unique item, and they will follow the standard distribution of unique grades. Think about how many uniques you have to find in order to get a S rank one? hundreds? thousands? Translate that to Keys. you will need hundreds (thousands if unlucky) to get a S rank legacy unique, y'know the ones everybody is ranting about.

99% of them are going to be trash uniques (comparatively) compared to the great ones. Even if there are only 50 legacy uniques, your odds of getting S grade will still be the same as if that key was a normal unique drops odds of getting S grade.

Not sure if that made sense, i'm tired. I think i'm agreeing with you.

@innervation the rate of aquisition (i.e. S rank uniques gained per server per week) will certainly be higher than what they were originally, but overall the total wont come close to whats on standard right now. You are right on one point though, the *active* amount of introduced legacy items could well be higher than the *active* amount of legacy items on standard right now, so fair point. (by active i mean available for potential trade).
Last edited by Asmosis on Feb 22, 2017, 6:08:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info