So You can get Broken Legacy Uniques in Legacy League.

"
Necromael wrote:
what do exalts have to do with "broken" legacy uniques?

Why... none whatsoever besides both things having a drop rate, one thing just led to another.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I don't understand what people are expecting on exs.

If you get 1 exalt every 125 maps it is relevant enough. Almost any map should take less than 5 minutes to run for an average build. Only 2 big exceptions are atziri/ubber and Shaper.

Ubber lab: with a niche phase run build, you can manage a sub 4 minutes from entering to selling shit.

Even guardians map are quite linear and some spec rekt them.

Overall great players can get an exalt avg per less than 8h of playing. If it takes you 30h of gameplay getting an exalt it is because you are not efficient at farming. It isn't bad hence PoE is a game and so is relevant to the pleasures it gives to you only; sadly it start beeing dramatic when players that have no clues about their own issues blame the game adjusting to what the player base can achieve and not their personnal understanding of the game. (I'm not talking about skill because to me PoE isn't a game that requires tremendous amount of execution skill)

For example, if you aim for a non budget build that costs roughly 30 exalts maxed and is enabled at 15 exalt and farm swiftly you can manage that mid league while having a job and playing a low budget spec. Even if you are not a god at trading, just casually 6Linking things, selling essences etcs will put you there in "no time" assuming you do not derp much on your currencies.

I think that reliquary droprate will be somewhere close to divine orbs(with troll rates in chest) or gcp(with even troller rates in chest)
Last edited by galuf on Feb 25, 2017, 9:46:48 AM
"
galuf wrote:
If you get 1 exalt every 125 maps it is relevant enough.

Of course. As it stands now, not many people have a real sink for them so they use it for big bills, counting crows is the only thing more tedious than counting chaos (how's that for a hyperbole). I can get as much as I need for occasional attempts at ghetto crafting so I'm personally fine with it.

Not that we were really cracking down on the issue of whether they drop enough or not. I'd personally sooner try to improve their functionality than drop rate, for example:

How about having them fill all item slots instead of just adding one mod. That way something like this would be affordable:
Get a -8 Elreon ring of your favorite basetype
Augment it
Regal it
If it still looks good, reserve a slot if there's a mod you need no matter what (or not if you don't) and exalt it.

I think a change like that should increase the amount of yolo exalting by up to 283%.

"
raics wrote:

I think a change like that should increase the amount of yolo exalting by up to 283%.

I personnally exalt sometimes when crafting. I'm a huge fan of the chaos spam in leagues when crafting a torso. If for examle I have 2 T1 prefixes, fuck that I exalt the thing. Exalt is still good for some items that are exactly what you want and have high chance of getting extra value.

The big issue to me is that affixes spawning is weighted. Just remove this rng modifier on exalting and you'll see more of trys. A full fill of an item is too risky it would not be used much more I think.
"
galuf wrote:
"
raics wrote:

I personnally exalt sometimes when crafting. I'm a huge fan of the chaos spam in leagues when crafting a torso. If for examle I have 2 T1 prefixes, fuck that I exalt the thing. Exalt is still good for some items that are exactly what you want and have high chance of getting extra value.

The big issue to me is that affixes spawning is weighted. Just remove this rng modifier on exalting and you'll see more of trys. A full fill of an item is too risky it would not be used much more I think.

Well, there are no eternals anymore so we aren't risking anything really and you can always block a slot with mastercraft if you need it. I think it would be pretty significant, so, by my assumption, the total number of people who craft should easily go from 10 to the expected 38.

Unfortunately, I don't think they can fully remove tier weights wit the amount of items that drop. However, they could probably loosen it up a little, every league around the end you got around 20 daggers close to 300dps mark for sale, which is too low, I think, and no thanks to people not picking rares at all anymore. They tried to give rares unique-like mods to make them more interesting but it didn't change the fact an average rare is still utter crap.

Last edited by raics on Feb 25, 2017, 10:32:25 AM
"
galuf wrote:
I don't understand what people are expecting on exs.

If you get 1 exalt every 125 maps it is relevant enough. Almost any map should take less than 5 minutes to run for an average build. Only 2 big exceptions are atziri/ubber and Shaper.

Ubber lab: with a niche phase run build, you can manage a sub 4 minutes from entering to selling shit.

Even guardians map are quite linear and some spec rekt them.

Overall great players can get an exalt avg per less than 8h of playing. If it takes you 30h of gameplay getting an exalt it is because you are not efficient at farming. It isn't bad hence PoE is a game and so is relevant to the pleasures it gives to you only; sadly it start beeing dramatic when players that have no clues about their own issues blame the game adjusting to what the player base can achieve and not their personnal understanding of the game. (I'm not talking about skill because to me PoE isn't a game that requires tremendous amount of execution skill)

For example, if you aim for a non budget build that costs roughly 30 exalts maxed and is enabled at 15 exalt and farm swiftly you can manage that mid league while having a job and playing a low budget spec. Even if you are not a god at trading, just casually 6Linking things, selling essences etcs will put you there in "no time" assuming you do not derp much on your currencies.

I think that reliquary droprate will be somewhere close to divine orbs(with troll rates in chest) or gcp(with even troller rates in chest)

Heres a mindblown fact not everyone is playing SC where you can go full yolo damage and not everyone have group of people like streamers who give them shits so they can gear and faceroll content
"
raics wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
It's you who must be shitting me. No way you found only 4 Ex during all this time. If you actually play the game efficiently.

AFK is my favorite mode.

How many maps do you do per day on average?

On average? Not really a lot - maybe 15-30. Today I did 550+ (I played T6-10 Tiers, mostly T7-8).
"
Demonoz wrote:

Well see thats the interesting thing about RNG... My exp this league points to exactly the opposite as the past 2 leagues. Prophecy i found something like 5-6 Exalted Orbs throughout the league and in Essence i found a whopping 8 Exalts (Best League so far for me) i think total throughout the league... Breach... 2 Exalts this league.. 3 if you count the one that dropped in a party i was in allocated to me but i didn't get to it in time before short allocation opened it to everyone and someone else grabbed it before me.

So with both of our experiences that moreso points to there was no change to the drop rate you just had lady luck on your side this league more than other and she just happen to abandon me this league but was in full force for me last 2 leagues. .

1-2 a day is a bit of an exaggeration. Considering out of the countless Exalts ive seen drop since open beta ive only had 2 exalts drop in the same day twice. and only had 2 days in a row where an exalt dropped each day once. I feel its also worth mentioning since i started keeping track a few leagues ago.. Nearly 70% of my Exalt drops have been from random chests and flipping rocks over and breaking things rather than from killing mobs as well. Until this league.. Both my exalts were from mobs this league unfortunately 2 drops is a bit too low to really make any case for this but in Essence my best league all but one dropped from chests.

Same in Prophecy only one dropped from on mob rest come from chests and breakables. Other leagues before those were the same cases where something like 2 out of every 3 would come from breakables. Also upon noticing this thats when my exalt drops went up considerably since i started making a point to hit all chests and breakables. There were leagues i would go all league without a single drop now i never have less than 2 and 2 if terrible for a league for me.

Point is RNG makes it nearly impossible to truly know if there's been any adjustment to any drop rates. Since some people may read my exp and have similar experiences while other may read my exp and have nothing close to mine.. And even other could have even BETTER exp with drop rates and things. But to be certain one person's exp in drop rates will tell you litteraly nothing what so ever as to any drop rate adjustments as a result.

I recall many people were telling that they never get as many Exalted orbs as during Breach in my "Exalt price" month old Thread.

Breakables/Chest have some potential but there is 2 issues :
1. I belive already Blue mobs have higher chance to drop something. Do white mobs have higher IIQ too?
2. Just how much time it can take to click all this chests / break everything?...I think you waste too much time doing so instead of running another map. I never get out of my way to open extra chest or break something. I let my Heralds break some breakables for me and open chests that are on my way.

You probably take too much time between maps / inside maps? Just in case, I run Blade Vortex without Obliteration (clearing comes mostly from Heralds wrecking stuff) it's nor fast nor slow. I try to avoid bad layout maps preferring Mud Geyser, Tropical Island, Reef, etc.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Feb 25, 2017, 12:57:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info