[3.0] ||| Retch - SLArcher ||| [Video] [09/04/17]

"
basta1982 wrote:
"
KingKahl wrote:
Do you think its worth spending the currency to switch to a 4 arrow reach? or else, what do you think i should spend about 15ex on?

A decent legacy reach would increase your true dps quite a lot for sure, but the "worst" part of your gear is the jewellery (and gloves) by far. So it depends on your preferences i'd say. If you want to develeope the character long term and keep on upgrading it doesn't really matter what you are going for first. If you just want an item which has impact right now and is easy to resell in case you are losing interest in the build, i'd buy a decent legacy reach.

Yea, I just got stuff from my stash to max out resistances. I use to use those gloves in a qotf/dreamfeather build, thats why I went for such high ev with attack speed.

If I get a medium gripped gloves with hp/resists and some attack speed, it will open up a lot of possibilities to switch the amulet for some ele dmg/phys dmg.

Thank you for your input, I'll probably get a reach then and then go from there, and if I can manage resists, ill get a alpha's howl/starkonjas.
"
KingKahl wrote:
Thank you for your input, I'll probably get a reach then and then go from there, and if I can manage resists, ill get a alpha's howl/starkonjas.

Seems like a good plan.

Hey man, like I said in the PM, thats what I'm using now.

Cant really upgrade the rings right now because of resists.

Thinking about using an alphas howl setup with blasphemy and enlighten for applying curses to bosses.

"
KingKahl wrote:
Thinking about using an alphas howl setup with blasphemy and enlighten for applying curses to bosses.

Curses will be applied by herald of thunder anyways, but of course not as reliable as it would be with blasphemy. Using blasphemy is a thing of personal preferences. The range of the aura isn't too huge, which doesn't really has to be a bad thing for build, because of point blank. - You should go as close to bosses as you can anyways. On the other hand the effect of curses is reduced anyways, because they are more resilent than common monsters to it.

About your current setup: Looking good, but you should drop projectile-weakness and use elemental weakness instead. Your rings could be better, as you already mentioned. The biggest upgrade-potential has your helmet atm. So if you want to buy a alphas (or any other helmet), then make sure to buy one with the + 2 arrow-enchantment.
Last edited by basta1982 on Aug 21, 2017, 11:44:22 PM
The upgrade potential you mean is the +2 arrow right? because right now I don't think theres a better helm for the build; alpha's howl/rat's nest have no HP and we don't really need that much crit from rat's.

Im using projectile weakness because PoB gives me much more dps then ele weakness, but I'll try in the game.

Thanks for the input.
Could any of you explain to me how to deal with lack of int when leveling up? I'm trying to follow up this guide, but I really need int nodes for gems.. Is there some trick? Since I see no int on items given. Thank you in advance for your answers.
Not a trick no, if you are lacking int while leveling you'll have to spend some points into the big int-nodes and refund them when you are going to hit the witch-area.
Last edited by basta1982 on Aug 23, 2017, 1:07:45 AM
Thank you, but other 'issue' occured. Skill tree seems pretty much the same (except for, duh..), so overall, you don't really add any additional points to life leech when going vaal pact? Sorry, I'm still kinda new, so wondering how's that supposed to be working properly. Thank you again. :)
Added a link to the new variation of the build: Scion, Slayer/Assassin-Ascendant as a classic critical strike build without elemental overload. Still a few sections work in progress though.

"
lukautojas wrote:
Thank you, but other 'issue' occured. Skill tree seems pretty much the same (except for, duh..), so overall, you don't really add any additional points to life leech when going vaal pact? Sorry, I'm still kinda new, so wondering how's that supposed to be working properly. Thank you again. :)

Sorry haven't recognised your post until now. I haven't tested a non-legacy vinkat since 3.0 appeared to be honest, because i don't play the harbringer-league. Thought there hasn't changed anything for life-builds. So Vinktar-Leech isn't working with Vaal Pact anymore, or why are you asking?
Last edited by basta1982 on Aug 26, 2017, 2:50:52 AM
Sorry, I'm a newb. Not used to 'inconstant' life leech. Still low level. By the way, not using this flask. After picking up endless hunger things got a lot better. Thank you for your guide, I'll try to follow it as much as I can. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info