[3.0] ||| Retch - SLArcher ||| [Video] [09/04/17]

Having a lot of fun with the build in standard, feels real smooth to play

Do you think it is worth using

Over
?

Like, is the implicit worth the loss of life+resist

And what do you think about using a wither totem? Since it's an increased damage taken mod, it should apply to the retch damage.

Also tried attaching Innervate to the Herald of Lightning setup, since it does get some kills, it gives a decent buff for its duration, but not sure if it's worth it over IAoE for clearing.

Cheers!
Last edited by Gho5t_2312 on Sep 1, 2017, 2:26:01 PM
"
Gho5t_2312 wrote:
Having a lot of fun with the build in standard, feels real smooth to play

Do you think it is worth using

Over
?

Like, is the implicit worth the loss of life+resist

And what do you think about using a wither totem? Since it's an increased damage taken mod, it should apply to the retch damage.

Also tried attaching Innervate to the Herald of Lightning setup, since it does get some kills, it gives a decent buff for its duration, but not sure if it's worth it over IAoE for clearing.

Cheers!

No, i don't think ut's worth it. Would just wait till you got some decent gripped ones. Thought about Innervate as well and wanted to test it, but haven't got the time yet. About wither pretty much the same, would have to test or and of course being interested in your results.
Well, I've tried a few shaper runs, and, the build already melts the shaper, but it does seem faster with the wither totem. To have space on gear for it, I've removed Increased Duration from the CwDT IC setup, and IAoE from the Herald, as it seems to curse fine anyway, and then shifted some stuff around for the setup. I would imagine it's more worth it, if you're in league with a cheaper bow, where the extra damage does matter.
As for the Innervate setup, same deal tbh, you clear so quickly anyway, the extra damage is rather unnoticeable.
"
Gho5t_2312 wrote:
Well, I've tried a few shaper runs, and, the build already melts the shaper, but it does seem faster with the wither totem. To have space on gear for it, I've removed Increased Duration from the CwDT IC setup, and IAoE from the Herald, as it seems to curse fine anyway, and then shifted some stuff around for the setup. I would imagine it's more worth it, if you're in league with a cheaper bow, where the extra damage does matter.
As for the Innervate setup, same deal tbh, you clear so quickly anyway, the extra damage is rather unnoticeable.

Hm, ok. Yes, well changing stuff for grinding would only matter, if your mobility would be increased, because you pretty easily reach the point of 1-shooting T16-trash anyways. For shaper it's something else, because killing him faster is equal to killing him safer. I'll try the totem on my scion-varation of the build. Thanks for the great input. :)

Btw.: Another possibility to get another 4-link for utility stuff like the totem would be corrupted gloves with elemental weakness on hit. - You would'nt need a curse on hit setup anymore.
Hey man.

Lately I've been stuck at 85 and dying a lot in tier 10+ maps. I'm not sure which direction to go in terms of upgrades. The belt and a couple of the flasks are really expensive, I've been saving orbs to go towards the belt but I feel like it's going to take quite a while before I obtain one. I'm at 4300hp w/ 13k dps unbuffed. No 6l quite yet either, still unsure what I should be buying. Gems are kinda messy, been getting unlucky at a 4 red-link setup for immortal call too.

Bow, Head and Quiver are fine for now i guess. Everything else is really lacking life a lot. I'd probably try to polish my gear with better stuff overall, including a 6-link chest. Afterwards try to buy The Retch and Vessel of Vinktar. And play maps below t10 for now.
Another thing I found that worked quite well for Chimera runs, and general defences too, is if you use

a stibnite. They recharge very quickly, and the increased duration applies to the smoke clouds too, so they last for about 16 seconds. In the add phases, you can pretty much fill the entire area with clouds, and you barely get hit. Makes the fight a lot smoother.

I generally use the movespeed one while clearing, bleed flask if I'm leveling and don't want to die from random bleeds. I'm currently using Brutal Fervour instead of Overwhelm, because, with a legacy vinktar, you can just get a leech stack without vinktars at the beginning of the instance, which lasts for a considerable length of time, and get free stun/bleed immunity for that time, and it's pretty reliable, if you can remember to drop vinktars for an attack or two every minute or so.

Edit: also been trying to fit this in the build, but can't afford to drop any of the other flasks :s

Should be pretty damn speedy
Last edited by Gho5t_2312 on Sep 5, 2017, 1:39:55 PM
good idea with the stibnite, will try it at weekend for chimera as well, but really seems to be a good idea.

Got some ele weakness on hit gloves like you said, and I've swapped into a new aura setup now:

Wrath - Herald of Thunder - Herald of Ash - Enlighten(L4)

The HoA makes the clear feel a bit smoother, and clears lingering trash slightly.

Also got one of these, it's pretty good for clearing, the harbinger bonuses are nice, but not sure if worth over a Drillneck.

Spoiler

Damage on Full Life - Elemental Damage With Attacks - Elemental Focus - PPAD +

Lightning Penetration + Lightning Arrow
or
Physical to Lightning + Tornado Shot

I personally prefer the Lightning Arrow setup.

Replacing Slower Projectiles also makes clear feel smoother, since the lightning arrows can hit things a lot quicker, etc.

Herald of Ash also gives more damage than a level 4 Empower on Wrath/Herald of Thunder

Last edited by Gho5t_2312 on Sep 30, 2017, 12:57:58 PM
Also just hit 97 with this build <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info