[3.0] ||| Retch - SLArcher ||| [Video] [09/04/17]

Played a few t16 maps, without adjusting anything at all. Seems to be as powerful as it has been before, but have to say i am using really optimzied gear with a lot of legacy stuff. So i don't really know how good it may perform under lesser optimized circumstances.

It may take some time till i'll update the guide, because i'll have to test a lot now. But like i said at least it still works as intended and being described in the current guide version.
updated a few things, but will have to rework more later
looking forward to more updates, seems like a fun build to play.
"
gm08872 wrote:
looking forward to more updates, seems like a fun build to play.

It truely is, but a lot to figure out now as well. Which is why i would really appreciate any feedback from you guys. Especially for the vaal-pact-variation, because i don't know yet when i'll got the time to test it myself.

My impression: The build works without any notable adjustments close to what it was capable off in 2.6 (at least the version i am playing atm.). Nevertheless there are things like the new damage calculation for status aliments and new support gems. - So i am not too sure if the current version is really the best possible version anymore. That's what i'll try to evaluate now, but it may take some time of course.
How do you think the gem setup would work using a non legacy reach of the council? I want to use this build as my currency sink in harbinger league but I am unsure what gem setup would be best or if reach would still be the best option.
Last edited by Jober7 on Aug 11, 2017, 4:43:18 AM
"
Jober7 wrote:
How do you think the gem setup would work using a non legacy reach of the council? I want to use this build as my currency sink in harbinger league but I am unsure what gem setup would be best or if reach would still be the best option.

No, it isn't. Best option would be a high-phys rare bow (does not have to be a harbringer) and using gmp instead of pierce (pierce-skillgem isn't really needed anymore).

Alternatively a nice roled Lioneye's Glare might be a really good choice, but since it got far shot now, you should probably drop point blank as passive.
Updated a few things, including the trees and links. Optimized the layout of the guide to make it a better read. Still have to figure out a lot of stuff, like for example if maim might be a better choice for barrage than light penetration and if we should take wise oak instead of taste of hate. Any feedback welcome as always.

More to come will be a scion-version of the build, but it will take some time. - Several weeks most likely.

Last edited by basta1982 on Aug 13, 2017, 6:35:21 AM
getting so much trouble with buying gear for this build. most items on poe trade are such overpriced.

maybe TS has 2 rings and 1 ammy which i can buy for reasonable summ?
Hey, I'm using this build in std. at the moment because I don't have much time in Harbinger league.
You can see im using a windscream boots in order to use 2 curses.

I have some currency and I can afford a 4 arrows reach but whenever I try to work around in PoB, I lose a lot of dps comparing to my bow, at least on paper dps.

If I take out GMP and use a 4arrow legacy with another dmg gem, I end up with about the same dps as of right now.

You can also see Im using 2 vinktars and wise oak for the light pen., I cannot afford a 30% vinktar in std as its 120+ ex.

What do you think about this setup? Haven't tried guardians or shaper yet, but t15 corrupted maps were easily doable.

Do you think its worth spending the currency to switch to a 4 arrow reach? or else, what do you think i should spend about 15ex on?

Thanks, the build is really fun.
"
KingKahl wrote:
Do you think its worth spending the currency to switch to a 4 arrow reach? or else, what do you think i should spend about 15ex on?

A decent legacy reach would increase your true dps quite a lot for sure, but the "worst" part of your gear is the jewellery (and gloves) by far. So it depends on your preferences i'd say. If you want to develeope the character long term and keep on upgrading it doesn't really matter what you are going for first. If you just want an item which has impact right now and is easy to resell in case you are losing interest in the build, i'd buy a decent legacy reach.

"
KingKahl wrote:

Thanks, the build is really fun.

Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info