[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

I'm getting my ass handed to me in maps, i'm level 73 with 110% all res and 4 golems (and spectres of course). Offense isn't an issue, i'm getting constantly one shotted by syndicate or any strong unique ennemy, it's really annoying and slowing my progression. Chaos damage is also an issue, even with a chaos flask. presence of chayula is like 4-5EX so i can't do much about it. I'll get my Rumi's next, but it won't help with the one shot or chaos issue, it'll just happen less often. :(

There is so much mess on screen too, it makes it difficult to dodge stuff.

The biggest jump in ES i can get (skin of the loyal) is like 1.5 EX away (or 4, with the presence of chayula), getting that much currency in this situation is kinda difficult.

I hope i'll get a big lucky drop soon so i can buy the skin of the loyal and kinda solve the problem

Edit : Can you elaborate on why we're playing as life/ES instead of full ES with CI ? Even with the Presence of chayula, life nodes investments seem really weak to me, am i missing something ? thanks in advance!
Last edited by Epsi_ on Dec 15, 2018, 10:48:30 AM
"
NSUCK wrote:
I'm curious if its viable to do this with the build:

Drop one curse (temp chains)
Replace it with purity of elements (will need the resists)
Use shapers touch (extra ES)
Drop chayula
Add astramentis (for shapers touch bonus)
Pickup CI (since we lose a lot of chaos res)
Focus on str/res/es on rings/belt (can use a heavy belt with +12% attributes, or cyclopean coil)

Also, has anyone ran this build with atziri's reflection?

"
This seems like it would have good synergy with an Occultist.

Dropping Temp chains wouldn't feel so bad when you have the regen from occultist topping up your ES constantly so getting hit more often isn't as painful! You would probably still want at least one blasphemy to benefit from the profane bloom explosions.

Shaper's Touch and Astramentis work well together. Dropping the Presence is ok on Occultist as you get free stun immunity and the loss of some EHP from not having 2-3k life is made up from the ES on the Occultist tree.

Even having Purity of Elements can work with covering the extra resists your spectres need; I did something similar myself last league and that worked ok. Best with the Leadership cluster to ensure your spectres are pretty much always under it's effect.

I definitely think it could work well with occultist. But I think if you are running an elementalist or Necro the most optimal setup's are sticking closer to what Mika outlines in the OP. However it's definitely going to be viable as long as you get your ES high enough. Plus Shaper's Touch and Astramanetis are fairly cheap so you can try it out and then switch to a more standard setup if you find it lacking.

A guy last league ran Atziri's Reflection. It's obviously a very nice defensive shield but you lose a LOT of damage by not using a Victario's Charity on Necromantic Aegis. Plus you lose golem surviveability as well. Not sure you would want that for bossing but it could be a nice mapping shield. I'm sure Mika will know more about it's benefits.

Hello :)

Great post from Harvey, I haven't used that combo myself so hard to say much about it without Pob. I'm pretty vary myself about CI or mixing STR with ES after the big CI nerf, but have seen others doing it with success.

I would also try it with Occultist as it works better with ES regen in general.

One guy ran "Atziri's reflection" last league, but I didn't get any reply how it worked after all. It has nice ES and makes lot of maps safer to run as Temp Chains is not so annoying and you can cap ele res to 75% as Elemental Weakness would have no effect on you.

Original idea was to test if Golems would reflect Hall of Grandmasters curses back to them with Necromantic Aegis and Atziri's Reflection. Pack of masters usually stack 5-7 curses on each wave, so it would be funny to see all that thrown back at them. Golems would also be immune to curses and most likely tank masters much better.

"
Thanks for answering my questions and for this build! Lv 91 and loving it.

I didn't know that you can have a +1 max. spec boot mod and made this today- Big energy shield boost.

Also managed to buy this temporal chains vertex and I hardly ever die now (except for the occasional syndicate)

Hey :)

Glad to hear it helped!

Those boots are very nice boost to EHP and Vertex has amazing enchantment. You might still want to add Enhance lvl 3 to your curses as you are using Vertex. That would really slow enemies down with the enhancement.

"
Hi, can I use the new gem Multiple totem support for TV combined with 1 +1 totem veiled shield? Because as I see the main purpose of totem is for reduce fire resistance.

"
I wonder with the new craft + 1 summoned totem with a good shaper block shield would be op?

Hi :)

In theory it should work, but TV Specs have now built-in check that they wont summon another totem while one is active.

I had fun before this was fixed running Templar which had +1 totems in helmet skills and "Tukohama's Fortress". I think I had 12 Totems up from just Specs at best with my own scorching ray spell totems added and trash mob fights looked like 80s laser disco.

"
Long time Golemancer looking for an opinion. I finished uber lab with my starter helm and decided to enchant it, knowing I'd never get anything useful, then hit +40% flame golem damage. Still shocked by that.

Now, I have an odd choice between:

Level 18 minion dmg
Level 18 immolate (useless)
21% minion dmg
junk stats

vs. the typical

Level 18 burning dmg
level 18 minion dmg
20'ish minion dmg
good stats

It really boils down to minion and totem resists for spectres vs the enchant for the golems. In a league with tough syndicates to burn down, I'm leaning towards replacing it, but it seems like a close call. Any thoughts?

Hey :)

I would go with the "typical". Defensive stats are very important with Syndicates spike damages. Damage is already plenty, so staying alive in fight for few seconds longer should win over 1x support or damage enchantment.

"
How are you all fairing against syndicate trials? They guys are destroying me at lvl 69

"
I'm getting my ass handed to me in maps, i'm level 73 with 110% all res and 4 golems (and spectres of course). Offense isn't an issue, i'm getting constantly one shotted by syndicate or any strong unique ennemy, it's really annoying and slowing my progression. Chaos damage is also an issue, even with a chaos flask. presence of chayula is like 4-5EX so i can't do much about it. I'll get my Rumi's next, but it won't help with the one shot or chaos issue, it'll just happen less often. :(

There is so much mess on screen too, it makes it difficult to dodge stuff.

The biggest jump in ES i can get (skin of the loyal) is like 1.5 EX away (or 4, with the presence of chayula), getting that much currency in this situation is kinda difficult.

I hope i'll get a big lucky drop soon so i can buy the skin of the loyal and kinda solve the problem

Hi :)

Syndicates can be pretty overwhelming when leveling and not having good gear / minion level yet. Usual Temporal Chains / army of minions defenses is not as effective against Syndicates as previous leagues so some extra steps may be necessary.

1) Try to upgrade gear as often as possible

You have to be able to tank as least 1 big hit from Syndicates before you can start retreating. Good stats for items are :
- Amulet (40+ ES, 40+ HP, resistances, 5-20% maximum ES)
- Rings (40+ ES, 40+ HP, resistances, minion speed)
- Gloves (150+ ES, 40+ HP, resistances)
- Boots (80+ ES, 40+ HP, resistances, movement speed)
- Belt (110+ ES, 40+ HP, resistances)

There are for endgame items, but while leveling try to maximize ES per item and stack on chaos resistance. It's possible to cap chaos resistance without Chayula for about 20 chaos if you know what to look for. Here's example search to affordable but great rings : http://poe.trade/search/meurohohuahoma
You can edit the search terms to find similar items in belts, amulets or gloves.

2) Try replacing shield charge with Phase Run

Replace Shield Charge -> Faster Attack -> Fortify with Phase Run -> Inc Dur -> Efficacy. This gives you 3.5 sec Phase Run with 0.5 sec cooldown between activations. Phase Run gives you more time to react to Syndicates.

3) Try replacing Elemental Weakness with Enfeeble

Enfeeble scales nicely with Enhance. Flame Golems add already -20% defubb, TV Specs -24% debuff and EE -50% debuff to resistances so Elemental Weakness can be replaced for more defenses.

4) Try using "Vaal Skeletons" with 1-2x Abyssal jewels

Try to use Vaal Skeletons in unset ring with 1-2 Abyssal jewels. Jewels should have mods :
- Minions have chance to taunt enemies
- Minions have chance to blind enemies
- Minions have chance to hinder enemies

5) Never stop in the Syndicate fights

Don't worry about applying EE with skills. Minions will finish the fight in the end pretty fast. Just focus 100% on moving, Phase Runing and using flasks to stay alive.

Hope this helps :)

PS. We are going for hybrid as we lose lots of EHP (HP + ES) if going to CI. Endgame chaos damage is not usually that dangerous and chaos res is easy to stack in rare items. If you reach +20-40% you should be safe and regen should heal you faster than chaos degen can harm you.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Dec 15, 2018, 11:25:14 AM
That's super useful, i indeed should have tried using enfeeble earlier

About Vaal Skeletons, it's hard to fit into the build, it's already gem heavy enough but i'll try to use it, it's a great spell.

And about phase run, i'll give it a shot, i already was using the phase run flask but given how clunky shield charge has been for me so far, i'd rather use phase run as a skill, it's more reliable, I just hope packs of trash won't wreck me before I get past them.

i repost it in case you missed it
"
> Edit : Can you elaborate on why we're playing as life/ES instead of full ES with CI ? Even with the Presence of chayula, life nodes investments seem really weak to me, am i missing something ? thanks in advance!

Thanks for your continuous help in this thread.
Last edited by Epsi_ on Dec 15, 2018, 11:39:46 AM
"
Epsi_ wrote:
That's super useful, i indeed should have tried using enfeeble earlier

About Vaal Skeletons, it's hard to fit into the build, it's already gem heavy enough but i'll try to use it, it's a great spell.

And about phase run, i'll give it a shot, i already was using the phase run flask but given how clunky shield charge has been for me so far, i'd rather use phase run as a skill, it's more reliable, I just hope packs of trash won't wreck me before I get past them.

i repost it in case you missed it
"
> Edit : Can you elaborate on why we're playing as life/ES instead of full ES with CI ? Even with the Presence of chayula, life nodes investments seem really weak to me, am i missing something ? thanks in advance!

Thanks for your continuous help in this thread.

Hello :)

Vaal skels are really good at adding defense if you can find unset ring for them. Other than that, you can try dropping some support from utility skills and placing them there.

Posted the CI at end of last message but I was probable editing it while you were writing your own answer :)

We are going for hybrid as we lose lots of EHP (HP + ES) if going to CI. Endgame chaos damage is not usually that dangerous and chaos res is easy to stack in rare items. If you reach +20-40% you should be safe and regen should heal you faster than chaos degen can harm you.

UPDATE

1) Replaced "Shield Charge" and all its supports with "Phase Run"

Phase Run adds tons of extra defense especially with "Temporal Chains" curse. It also works better than Shield Charge in tight places where there are less open areas or straight lines.

2) Replaced "Storm Burst" with "Winter Orb"

"Winter Orb" is much better that Storm Burst as stationary time casting is much shorter. It also continues to apply "Elemental Equilibrium" after casting while kiting, where Storm Burst would stop immediately after cast ends.

Both upgrades can be found in "Gems" section of the guide
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Dec 15, 2018, 12:24:35 PM
After an hour or so of mapping, I can say that using Enfeeble + Phase run (instead of shield charge) is sooooo much better for early mapping, I barely ever die now, there is some filthy syndicate one-shot here and there, but that's about it.
buying jewelry for this build is so cheap. Think I paid like 20c total for all 3 of these

IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Dec 15, 2018, 2:12:10 PM
tried uber elder and got killed by the tentacle slams due to no physical migitation, and also the siphon move, any tips for these phases?
Just wanted to check: so maximum amount of golems for this build is 4?

Was wondering if there were any ways to increase that, besides Clayshaper and Anima Stone, without impacting the power of the golems too much.
"
NSUCK wrote:
I'm curious if its viable to do this with the build:

Drop one curse (temp chains)
Replace it with purity of elements (will need the resists)
Use shapers touch (extra ES)
Drop chayula
Add astramentis (for shapers touch bonus)
Pickup CI (since we lose a lot of chaos res)
Focus on str/res/es on rings/belt (can use a heavy belt with +12% attributes, or cyclopean coil)

Also, has anyone ran this build with atziri's reflection?

I did run with atziri's reflection, its a nice piece of equipment indeed..
Didn't try HoG with atziri, did it earlier couple of times.. could try it in standard at some point. I was using atziri's reflection to own defenses -> No necromantic aegis. Not sure if unaffected by curses would come to a char anyway?! have to try that out.

Also runned golem only (elementalist) --> With primordial chain. As didnt felt good with spectres, and the simple reason was, I did it wrong back then when tried it out. Now going with spectres.

Havent had so much time to play so crappy gear and bad drops = no currency so need to gather some up. Maybe on christmas holidays have some time to play.
"increased maximum energy shield" on your rings, how do you get those? i cant even find them on the market

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info