[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
AshDrag0n wrote:
How to "fight" with lags from magma balls cascades? any known tips?:)

By buying a better graphic card. I have those kind of lags/exeption errors too on my gtx750ti. Bought gtx1050ti and all is fine now. PoE has a huge spread of requirements depending on resolution, details, actual number of enemies spamming special skill effects on the screen and many more.
Hey Mika ! you talking in the last version of your build about using combustion for the golems link, do you think it's still worth if i dont use spectres with them ?

Maybe controlled Dest ? or Elemental focus ? or still Combustion ? or what ever else XD

Much appreciate cya soon <3
Last edited by kami_koi on Nov 18, 2018, 1:00:31 PM
So is Rathpith still the way to go over Charity?
"
Thank you for your detailed response. I have to say at the 11th hour of the league bossing and delving is a little more important to me then clear speed. Maybe an Occulist ice golem build is the way forward for me? Elementalist also seem to have some perks when it comes to bossing. Will have to ponder it ogre a little. Thanks again.

Hello :)

Np, glad I could help.

If you really want to push Delves fast and dont care about mapping, I guess Ice Golems with Occultist might be fastest. Distance to mobs in Delves is extremely short, so Ice Golems melee is not really problem there and with Occutists regen and chaos explosions you can take packs out very fast.

"
How to "fight" with lags from magma balls cascades? any known tips?:)

"
By buying a better graphic card. I have those kind of lags/exeption errors too on my gtx750ti. Bought gtx1050ti and all is fine now. PoE has a huge spread of requirements depending on resolution, details, actual number of enemies spamming special skill effects on the screen and many more.

Hey :)

I keep dynamic resolution with 60 fps target myself. Game look generally as good as always but wont lag even in bigger fights. It looks like minecraft for few seconds then gets back to normal.

You can also try turning everything expect textures "low" and install "reshade" with path of exile. It will add better sharpening and colors than game itself can with less fps cost.

All my videos are recorded with all game setting low / off and only reshade sharpening / coloring the game.

"
Hey Mika ! you talking in the last version of your build about using combustion for the golems link, do you think it's still worth if i dont use spectres with them ?

Maybe controlled Dest ? or Elemental focus ? or still Combustion ? or what ever else XD

Much appreciate cya soon <3

Hi :)

Combustion is best when using also TV Spectres as it lowers fire res for all minions. When using only Golems I would use Cont Dest or Ele Focus myself.

Cont Dest adds ability to burn low HP trash mobs down and Ele Focus gives more damage against rares / bosses.

Cu soon, at least in the league o/

"
So is Rathpith still the way to go over Charity?

Rathpith is great shield as default option as it gives best defense for cheap price. It's best when leaning to play the build or when wanting safest gameplay.

However later when used to the build, Victarios Charity gives huge boost to damage. It lowers defenses, but if you have high level Temp Chain and you know how mobs attack you can safely use it for all content. Charges give massive boost to minions and also affect you.

I would test both and see which suits own play-style better. They are equally good but do different functions ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Nov 18, 2018, 6:10:01 PM
so I think I can afford sotl now but I don't have anima stone yet. do you think I should get sotl with my current gears? thanks for any suggestions
"
awawawawa wrote:
so I think I can afford sotl now but I don't have anima stone yet. do you think I should get sotl with my current gears? thanks for any suggestions

The colors for Sotl are tricky if not using Anima Stone as you can't use Specs and Golems with same colors.

I would save currency for Anima Stone first and then get Sotl with right colors.

For mapping atm you could get helmet with minion damage and conc effect supports. This way you get 6-link Spectres and can use Solar Guards instead of Tukohama vanguards. SGs are basically identical to Flame Golems and can clear maps very fast. As you already have all needed Spec items, you will have enough SG Specs to do very high level maps even without Golems. You can even use your current Vis Mortis with that setup ;)

Links would be Specre -> Minion resistance -> Spell echo -> Greater multiple projectiles -> Conc Effect (Helmet) -> Minion damage (Helmet) -> Minion life (Helmet extra) -> Immolate (Helmet extra)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Thanks for the great guide.. I came back to PoE after ... I dunno.. I think last patch I played was 2.5 something.

I was looking at some guides and always wanted to try golemancer so here I went with ease thanks to your guide.

a couple of questions:

1. I see people talking about running only golems? without spectres, if I do this, what do I put in my helmet instead of spectres?

2. I can run 4 flame golems now, is that the idea? Or should I be able to run 4 flame golems + the stone golem from clayshaper? Or can I disregard the stonegolem?

3. My tukohama spectres keep dieing on me.. what to do? In certain maps all of a sudden I lost one and I have to either go back to get another or continue with 1. (edit: should be better now with soul weaver)

4. You should be able to see my profile and golemancer character in Delve.. Any advice? How can I improve? any tips are welcome.

thanks in advance!
Last edited by dro0p on Nov 21, 2018, 4:16:24 PM
"
dro0p wrote:
Thanks for the great guide.. I came back to PoE after ... I dunno.. I think last patch I played was 2.5 something.

I was looking at some guides and always wanted to try golemancer so here I went with ease thanks to your guide.

a couple of questions:

1. I see people talking about running only golems? without spectres, if I do this, what do I put in my helmet instead of spectres?

2. I can run 4 flame golems now, is that the idea? Or should I be able to run 4 flame golems + the stone golem from clayshaper? Or can I disregard the stonegolem?

3. My tukohama spectres keep dieing on me.. what to do? In certain maps all of a sudden I lost one and I have to either go back to get another or continue with 1. (edit: should be better now with soul weaver)

4. You should be able to see my profile and golemancer character in Delve.. Any advice? How can I improve? any tips are welcome.

thanks in advance!

You can look my profile + passive tree. If you want to try golems only.
works on maps like charm.. shield although kinda overkill.. good es shield will work, or rathpith (that u already have).

Primordial chain amulet (to get more golems.) 1xlightning golem 1x ice golem and rest flame golems. :)

Had in a hurry yesterday -->

1. Helmet (with golems only) The Vertex is good --> Elemental weakness + temporal chains + blasphemy + enchance. Can see from my profile.

2. golems as much as you can. Now I have 7 x flame golems. + lightning and +´cold golem --> no stone golem. :)

3. on spectres cant say anything really.

4. I can give more tips if you decide to change on full golem build :)

--> Full golem build in delve --> Phase run + effacy + increased duration is a mandatory.
--> Asked help before because didnt survive at delve.. phase run is a KEY, use it, and when u feel like you dont need it --> use it more ;D

Last edited by Amorpheus on Nov 22, 2018, 5:16:48 AM
"
mika2salo wrote:
"
awawawawa wrote:

The colors for Sotl are tricky if not using Anima Stone as you can't use Specs and Golems with same colors.

I would save currency for Anima Stone first and then get Sotl with right colors.

For mapping atm you could get helmet with minion damage and conc effect supports. This way you get 6-link Spectres and can use Solar Guards instead of Tukohama vanguards. SGs are basically identical to Flame Golems and can clear maps very fast. As you already have all needed Spec items, you will have enough SG Specs to do very high level maps even without Golems. You can even use your current Vis Mortis with that setup ;)

Links would be Specre -> Minion resistance -> Spell echo -> Greater multiple projectiles -> Conc Effect (Helmet) -> Minion damage (Helmet) -> Minion life (Helmet extra) -> Immolate (Helmet extra)

Hi thank you for your response.

Ok ill farm maps till I can afford or luckily get anima stone. Im still farming <t12 maps so it might take a while. My specs are high level tho so it is something I can rely on.

Thank you again !!!

"

a couple of questions:

thanks in advance!

"
You can look my profile + passive tree. If you want to try golems only.
works on maps like charm.. shield although kinda overkill.. good es shield will work, or rathpith (that u already have).

Primordial chain amulet (to get more golems.) 1xlightning golem 1x ice golem and rest flame golems. :)

Had in a hurry yesterday -->

1. Helmet (with golems only) The Vertex is good --> Elemental weakness + temporal chains + blasphemy + enchance. Can see from my profile.

2. golems as much as you can. Now I have 7 x flame golems. + lightning and +´cold golem --> no stone golem. :)

3. on spectres cant say anything really.

4. I can give more tips if you decide to change on full golem build :)

--> Full golem build in delve --> Phase run + effacy + increased duration is a mandatory.
--> Asked help before because didnt survive at delve.. phase run is a KEY, use it, and when u feel like you dont need it --> use it more ;D

Hello :)

1) Vertex is pretty good as it has built-in +1 level. Other good option is helmet with as much ES and HP as possible if you want to stack EHP for more tankiness.

2) 4x Golems are the default builds maximum number. All should be Flame Golems to maximize number of projectile based minions for good clear-speed. using Stone Golem is not very useful.

3) Soul Weaver is helping a lot. Other things that affect them are regen, minion res gem and leveling their base level.

Here's my short guide to keep Specs level high :

Keeping Specters level up

When you enter any area while you have certain type of Specter up, it will automatically add that Specter type to the possible monster types that can be desecrated in the area. If you have level 50 Specters and want to raise them to level 60, you have to :
Enter level 60 area with wanted type of Specter raised
Start casting high enough level Desecrate to summon level 60 Corpses
Continue casting Desecrate until you find wanted type of corpse
(Optional) At this point drop all original Specters by removing the gem and inserting back again
Raise the Specter and it will be now level 60
Continue casting Desecrate until you have maximum number of Specters from the area

4) Here's short list :
- Quality on both Temp Chains and Blasphemy (affects effectiveness on both)
- Increasing Helmets ES means lowering other stats so its trade-off

- +1 Spectres rare boots (100 ES+, movement speed, +1 Spec)
- Rings (40+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)
- Gloves (15+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)
Sotl gives 100% extra ES but not HP so stack ES.

If you want more defense, you can switch shield charge to :
- Phase Run -> Inc Dur -> Efficacy
This setup has great synergy with Temp Chains as you can practically run though enemy packs without taking hits. Animate Guardian can be placed in +2/+3 level ring with free slot.

I would keep on using FGs + TV Specs rather than just Golems as TVs deal more than 50% or boss damage. Extra Golems from amulet give only few dozen % extra damage in total.

Hope this helps :)

"
Hi thank you for your response.

Ok ill farm maps till I can afford or luckily get anima stone. Im still farming <t12 maps so it might take a while. My specs are high level tho so it is something I can rely on.

Thank you again !!!

Np, glad it helped ;)
Last edited by mika2salo on Nov 22, 2018, 4:08:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info