[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
Runof wrote:
This is my first league, and someone referred me here after I bought something golem related from them. Amazing stuff here and great posters!

I started this league as an Arc Witch and then started fooling around with golems to get more boom or whatever since I was struggling with early maps and delving. I'm now driving a moderately powerful Arc Witch with 8 lvl 23 golems w/ extra sauce. Still figuring the game out. It's half-complicated :). I've gotten to lvl 88, Delve 170, and red maps. I came over from GW2 but had played alot of D2. Tried D3 but never really liked it.

Anyway, big thanks to everyone in this thread, and I'd love to join the guild if someone will toss me an invite!

Welcome to the world of POE, lots of build choices, although golemancer is so far the best :)
"
Tides5 wrote:
Why not flammability instead of ele weakness btw? The dmg is all fire aint it? 😮

Edit: Thanks for the responses, and a great guide 😉

Thanks for support ^^

Elemental Weakness scales better with quality.

EW has "Cursed enemies have -0.25% to Elemental Resistances" per quality % while Flammability has "Ignite on Cursed enemies has 0.5% increased Duration"

Enhance lvl 4 in +1 level items gives 32% quality which means 8% extra elemental resistance debuff.

"
This is my first league, and someone referred me here after I bought something golem related from them. Amazing stuff here and great posters!

I started this league as an Arc Witch and then started fooling around with golems to get more boom or whatever since I was struggling with early maps and delving. I'm now driving a moderately powerful Arc Witch with 8 lvl 23 golems w/ extra sauce. Still figuring the game out. It's half-complicated :). I've gotten to lvl 88, Delve 170, and red maps. I came over from GW2 but had played alot of D2. Tried D3 but never really liked it.

Anyway, big thanks to everyone in this thread, and I'd love to join the guild if someone will toss me an invite!

"
Welcome to the world of POE, lots of build choices, although golemancer is so far the best :)

Hello :)

Just sent you and invitation, welcome to the guild!

Poe is very nice game as it has so many pieces to build. It's pretty easy to get in the game if you get nice build and guild to run you through the hoops. There's still tons of endgame left after than in form of crafting, grinding, creating own build, etc.

I hope you like Poe and can join fellow Golemancers in thread and guild.

Amorpheus ->

Spoiler

Golems <3
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Nov 11, 2018, 4:05:25 AM
Hello guys :) started with a build like this one and saw this guide and thought give it a go but i feel pretty squishy even with perma phase run. im only lvl 69 yet but just to ask you which ascendancy scales in what? obviously elemenalist is for clear speed in maps but im trying it with necro but occultist sounds like its gonna be tanky i just dont know which to choose ... Character name is FantasyLeague can you see my equips and check what i can upgrade? i was trying this build in addition to phantasms but they are so bad for bosses :D and i fell in love with golems :) also is flame golem the best i can use or is any of the others good? im looking for map clear speed mainly and bossing but i can do bossing with the TV specters pretty easy i have alot of quantity/rarity items please ignore them :) im still leveling the gems as i spent alot of currency this league on Poets pen VD build and it dissapointed me ... just doesn't fit my style :D
"
nasko94444444 wrote:
Hello guys :) started with a build like this one and saw this guide and thought give it a go but i feel pretty squishy even with perma phase run. im only lvl 69 yet but just to ask you which ascendancy scales in what? obviously elemenalist is for clear speed in maps but im trying it with necro but occultist sounds like its gonna be tanky i just dont know which to choose ... Character name is FantasyLeague can you see my equips and check what i can upgrade? i was trying this build in addition to phantasms but they are so bad for bosses :D and i fell in love with golems :) also is flame golem the best i can use or is any of the others good? im looking for map clear speed mainly and bossing but i can do bossing with the TV specters pretty easy i have alot of quantity/rarity items please ignore them :) im still leveling the gems as i spent alot of currency this league on Poets pen VD build and it dissapointed me ... just doesn't fit my style :D

Welcome to golemancy, one mistake I see with your gem links:

Read combustion support, it says support any skills that hits enemies, I believe your using Tukohama's Vanguards for spectres, their Kaom Beam totems do not hit but degenerates health instead just like Scorching Ray, that link is wasted, use Elemental Focus instead!

Other than that, the next upgrade is just more Primordial Harmonies, recommend get 7+ good stats (minimum 43% golem cooldown & 18% golem damage).
Can I get an add in the guild? I have a lot of questions about golemancy like which is the best ascendancy? Occultist seems defensive elemental IST is offensive version and necromancer is the mix of both I guess? Also I heard TV spectres got needed so which specters to use for bossing like shaper/elder and which for general mapping? I'm crafting my maps pretty hard normally so I want to be able to survive in them but I'm still low level and feel really squishy I guess that will change once I get move speed rings but I still need to get them
"
nasko94444444 wrote:

"
Welcome to golemancy, one mistake I see with your gem links:

Read combustion support, it says support any skills that hits enemies, I believe your using Tukohama's Vanguards for spectres, their Kaom Beam totems do not hit but degenerates health instead just like Scorching Ray, that link is wasted, use Elemental Focus instead!

Other than that, the next upgrade is just more Primordial Harmonies, recommend get 7+ good stats (minimum 43% golem cooldown & 18% golem damage).

Yep, Combustion only works with minions that "hit" and TV Specs are not hitting as they just "set" enemy on fire.

As you are level 70, i would just buy level 20 Raise Spectre and Desecrate and get Spectres from someones t16+ map. Those Specs will be almost immortal and deal tons of damage.

Same with Flame Golems. I would get lvl 20 atm and 21 at lvl 72. Golems level is tied to their power and HP, so each level take them deal more damage and more tanky.

Try to also cap EHP (HP + ES) on each rare item as Skin of the Loyal gives 100% increased ES per item with it. Good values are :
- Rings (40+ HP, 40+ ES, Resistances)
- Belt (40+ HP, 110+ ES, Resistances)
- Gloves (40+ HP, 150+ ES, Resistances)
- Boots (40+ HP, 80+ ES, Resistances, +1 Spectre)

League has lots of +1 spec rare boots like :

They beat Bones of Ullr by mile and are not very expensive.

Curses should keep you safe as you seem to have lvl 4 enhance. Temp Chains + Phase Run with added minion levels and EHP, should make endgame much easier ;)

Flame Golems are best if you want both clear-speed and boss killing. FGs can clear packs with few shots and TVs melt bosses in seconds. Ice Golems are good also but much slower at clearing.

"
Can I get an add in the guild? I have a lot of questions about golemancy like which is the best ascendancy? Occultist seems defensive elemental IST is offensive version and necromancer is the mix of both I guess? Also I heard TV spectres got needed so which specters to use for bossing like shaper/elder and which for general mapping? I'm crafting my maps pretty hard normally so I want to be able to survive in them but I'm still low level and feel really squishy I guess that will change once I get move speed rings but I still need to get them

Hey :)

Just sent you invitation, welcome to the guild ;)

Necro is best overall and Occultist in deep Delves as it has best defense and crazy ES regen.

TVs are good Specs in general as they kill rares / exiles very fast in mapping. Bosses die very fast too with their damage stacking. I would not really recommend other Specs unless you are totally mapping oriented and can use Solar Guards then as they are basically bonus Flame Golems.

Build can run any mods thanks to solid defense from Temp Chains, minions and high EHP (HP + ES) pool. If you want extra safety you can switch Shield charge to Phase Run -> Inc Dur -> Efficacy.

Leveling with summoner is kinda bad as there are only few good uniques and if you don't buy new HP / ES items every 5 levels you will be under armored almost all the time. After you can equip higher level items and finally at lvl 70+ game becomes pretty easy thanks to high EHP and broken good Temp Chains ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Hi I am still fairly new to this game and I have been enjoying your build so far.

Could you invite me to the guild? I tried to contact the officers couple times but they were always offl.

Currently lv 74 and trying to farm for better equips but I have some questions.
When should I replace my wand(midnight bargain) with the Clayshaper? because when I respect my passive (practical application), i cant equip clayshaper because my str isn't enough.Or should I keep using my wand until later?

Is vis mortis mandatory? i currently have 6L bodyarmor with my golem socketed but the stat is far inferior to vis mortis.

Thank you and have a nice day

Hi awaw,

I'm sure Mika will come back to you shortly.

Just a couple of things.

Firstly, we can't see your character at the moment so it's hard to give "proper" advice. If you are happy to you can make your characters visible to others by:

Going to your forum profile page. Then on the right hand side there should be a link to privacy settings. Then under that there should be an option to hide your characters which you would un-check.

Secondly I don't think Vis Mortis is mandatory by any means. Normally if you are running spectres with golems you would put the spectres in a 6-link (or 7-link if you have a lot of money) elder helm. You then put the golems in a Skin of the Loyal body armour. There are alternatives to this but this seems to be what Mika recommends as the "normal" setup.

If you are not running spectres at all then you almost certainly don't want a Vis Mortis. Your golems will have less health and I don't think flame golems will benefit too much from the Unholy Might.

Another couple of options would be any 6-link with the right colours and ideally high energy shield or a mix of good energy shield and some life. Potentially a Shavronnes Wrappings which makes chaos damage less of an issue although it's pricey when 6-linked.

I would probably advise another read through the OP and try to focus on getting the gear Mika recommends. His version is very easy to play and offers a great mix of damage and suriveability. Especially if you are a little newer to the game sticking to his tried and tested formula will be a recipe for success!
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Nov 13, 2018, 6:46:11 AM
"
awawawawa wrote:
Hi I am still fairly new to this game and I have been enjoying your build so far.

Could you invite me to the guild? I tried to contact the officers couple times but they were always offl.

Currently lv 74 and trying to farm for better equips but I have some questions.
When should I replace my wand(midnight bargain) with the Clayshaper? because when I respect my passive (practical application), i cant equip clayshaper because my str isn't enough.Or should I keep using my wand until later?

Is vis mortis mandatory? i currently have 6L bodyarmor with my golem socketed but the stat is far inferior to vis mortis.

Thank you and have a nice day

"
Hi awaw,

Just a couple of things.

Firstly, we can't see your character at the moment so it's hard to give "proper" advice. If you are happy to you can make your characters visible to others by:

Going to your forum profile page. Then on the right hand side there should be a link to privacy settings. Then under that there should be an option to hide your characters which you would un-check.

Secondly I don't think Vis Mortis is mandatory by any means. Normally if you are running spectres with golems you would put the spectres in a 6-link (or 7-link if you have a lot of money) elder helm. You then put the golems in a Skin of the Loyal body armour. There are alternatives to this but this seems to be what Mika recommends as the "normal" setup.

If you are not running spectres at all then you almost certainly don't want a Vis Mortis. Your golems will have less health and I don't think flame golems will benefit too much from the Unholy Might.

Another couple of options would be any 6-link with the right colours and ideally high energy shield or a mix of good energy shield and some life. Potentially a Shavronnes Wrappings which makes chaos damage less of an issue although it's pricey when 6-linked.

I would probably advise another read through the OP and try to focus on getting the gear Mika recommends. His version is very easy to play and offers a great mix of damage and suriveability. Especially if you are a little newer to the game sticking to his tried and tested formula will be a recipe for success!

Just sent you an invite, welcome to the guild ;)

You can swap to Clayshaper as soon as you can summon 4x Flame Golems out. Passive tree is pretty easy to customize according to need. You can take +30 big STR node or trade for ring with lots or STR if you don't have it yet from the passives.

Default armor for the is Skin of the Loyal as it makes Golems very tanky and effective DPS dealers. It also costs much less than +1 Vis Mortis which gives Golems same level as basic Sotl.

Vis Mortis gives extra Spectre which boosts boss killing quite a bit but wont raise clear speed very much. Sotl gives extra damage to Golems which are both clearing and killing the boss, so it's more balanced. Using +1 Vis is kinda my own hobby as I like to kill bosses as fast as possible.

Like Harvey said it also lowers minions HP, so they have to be high level to survive endgame bosses. With +1 Vis its not a problem but with normal 6l Vis Golems might start dying at Uber Elder if you dont have lvl 21 Golems Gem and lvl 4 Empower.

Default setup from guide works best overall. It's easier to level with it and maybe customize later when you get familiar with all mechanics ;)
"

Just sent you an invite, welcome to the guild ;)

You can swap to Clayshaper as soon as you can summon 4x Flame Golems out. Passive tree is pretty easy to customize according to need. You can take +30 big STR node or trade for ring with lots or STR if you don't have it yet from the passives.

Default armor for the is Skin of the Loyal as it makes Golems very tanky and effective DPS dealers. It also costs much less than +1 Vis Mortis which gives Golems same level as basic Sotl.

Vis Mortis gives extra Spectre which boosts boss killing quite a bit but wont raise clear speed very much. Sotl gives extra damage to Golems which are both clearing and killing the boss, so it's more balanced. Using +1 Vis is kinda my own hobby as I like to kill bosses as fast as possible.

Like Harvey said it also lowers minions HP, so they have to be high level to survive endgame bosses. With +1 Vis its not a problem but with normal 6l Vis Golems might start dying at Uber Elder if you dont have lvl 21 Golems Gem and lvl 4 Empower.

Default setup from guide works best overall. It's easier to level with it and maybe customize later when you get familiar with all mechanics ;)

"

Just a couple of things.

Thank you for all the replies. My privacy settings are not checked so I think you should be able to see my char.

Currently I am running 5 spectres ( 3 SG + 2 TV ) + 7 zombs + 1 Fire golem and its been working great.I just got a Wraithlord Bone Circlet and I decided to get vis mortis and stick with it for now until I can get a hand on SotL.

1 more question I forgot to ask was that I cant use all my 3 auras ( elemental weakness, temporal chain, and discipline) and I ended up using only the first 2. whats ur thought about this? and sorry if I missed something on this guide that some readers have to point things out for me.

EDIT: Nvm after I took some nodes for sovereignty I can now use 3 auras. sorry I missed that before lol

Thank you so much !!!
Last edited by awawawawa on Nov 14, 2018, 2:04:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info