[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

what can i improve on the build ?
just cleared uber elder guardians with no issues ... kinda scared to try uber elder atm ... wanted to lvl up at least

but the big issues that i have are in delve
at depth 290 i get pwnd ... hard

here's the pastebin ... if anyone has so tips for improvement
https://pastebin.com/4S9WWHft
"
Menkyo49 wrote:
Hello,

I'm just curious about how noob friendly this guild is. I have briefly played this game before on xbox, I think I got past act 2 and that was it. I am about to start fresh on pc and this build sounds like fun, but I think I would need a lot of help as there is a ton to this game that I know nothing about. I'm not looking for handouts or free gear or anything like that, but help to learn the ropes and information and a knowledgeable group is definitely something that would be a huge boon.

There are pretty much all level of players in the guilds, some are relatively new to the game, some others are well experienced :)

"
Blego wrote:

just cleared uber elder guardians with no issues ... kinda scared to try uber elder atm ... wanted to lvl up at least

Couple of ideas you can change:
- Word of flame on your glove, with EE is the best way to increase fire resistance on monsters, try to get something else
- Remove the 2 intelligence node near the witch start and take "faith and steel" node
- replace combustion with elemental focus on your golems (your tuko's already burn/lower resistance)
- remove some minion bonuses, take more life/es

Other change possible / to try:
- use a quartz flask (dodge + phase run) instead of stibnite
- bone offering instead of flesh offering for block chance
- stop using necromantic aegis and get a good shield to increase your life/ES / block / possibility of having a corruption implicit "physical to XX elemental"
- use a stygian wise and put a jewel with "minion spell hinder" / use temporal chain instead of flammability
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
"
Hello,

I'm just curious about how noob friendly this guild is. I have briefly played this game before on xbox, I think I got past act 2 and that was it. I am about to start fresh on pc and this build sounds like fun, but I think I would need a lot of help as there is a ton to this game that I know nothing about. I'm not looking for handouts or free gear or anything like that, but help to learn the ropes and information and a knowledgeable group is definitely something that would be a huge boon.

"
There are pretty much all level of players in the guilds, some are relatively new to the game, some others are well experienced :)

Hello :)

Build is very noob friendly if you have time to read through guide. Pretty much everything needed for understanding minion builds is explained there and leveling section is easy to follow with gear recommendations. Basic gear is pretty cheap and high level Temporal Chains keeps you safe from all non-boss monsters.

Leveling minions builds first levels is kinda pain as summoners have very few unique items while leveling and minions tend to die a lot before you get HP regen for them. However once you have regen for minions from amulet, shield or passive nodes the rest of leveling will be occasional dodging attacks while minions beat down mobs.

As Anakhon said, guild has lots of players with different levels. Each player has played Flame Golems at some points, so everyone can help with leveling or questions. You can PM some officer in game or leave post here if you want to join and ill invite you ;)

"

"
Couple of ideas you can change:
- Word of flame on your glove, with EE is the best way to increase fire resistance on monsters, try to get something else
- Remove the 2 intelligence node near the witch start and take "faith and steel" node
- replace combustion with elemental focus on your golems (your tuko's already burn/lower resistance)
- remove some minion bonuses, take more life/es

Other change possible / to try:
- use a quartz flask (dodge + phase run) instead of stibnite
- bone offering instead of flesh offering for block chance
- stop using necromantic aegis and get a good shield to increase your life/ES / block / possibility of having a corruption implicit "physical to XX elemental"
- use a stygian wise and put a jewel with "minion spell hinder" / use temporal chain instead of flammability

Hey :)

- Yep, you definitely want other than fire damage enchantment on gloves
- Yep, def want "faith and steel"
- Combustion actually has its own -20% global fire res debuff. This way TVs lower enemy fire res by -24% and FGs with combustion by -20% more so up to -44% fire res debuff. I would keep Combustion as it boosts TVs damage by a lot
- You can drop "Redemption" and maybe some jewel socket. "Constitution" and "Melding" are much more important for survival

- Quartz flask is pretty good but you already have almost 24/7 phase run from skill, so it might not be worth it
- I would definitely run Bone Offering for extra block
- Dropping Necro Aegis for shield drops total damage but increases defenses if used with Bone Offering quite bit. Great for more defensive playstyle but tradeoff from damage.
- 110% agree with Temp Chains instead of Flammability and add "Enhance" at least level 3 to it. Enhance boots both Ele Weakness and Temp Chains and has HUGE effect on them.
- Stygian belt is good alternative to Crystal Belt. You can run any 2x combo of "minions can" blind, taunt or hinder in abyssal jewel.

Overall your gear look very good. If you are confident in your kiting skills, you are ready for Uber Elder with changes from the list.

If you want to increase defenses, you can :
- Use "Kaltensoul" instead of other shields as Uber does mostly cold damage
- Swap curse / curses to Purity of Ice
- Equip at least 2x "Sapphire Flasks" for 6% extra cold resistance
With these changes boss damage will be almost halfed and you can survive Shaper beam for quite some time.

If you want extra cheese, you can equip extremely fast movement boots (35% move or more) and just Phase Run around the arena. This make sure that you will dodge 100% of Shapers slams and Elders Siphons as you are long gone from the spot that they try to target. I used this in my own run https://youtu.be/JlBEiHzhgDw

For Delves :
- Add Temp Chains with Enhance, best defense against hordes.
- You can try switching to Occultist as it has massive ES regen. Most guide players have gone deepest in delves with Occultist.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Nov 4, 2018, 6:59:00 AM
made some changes

https://pastebin.com/NSzGaWx6

just need to do a lab to change glove enchant
and as a side note i generaly run solar guards instead of tukohama vanguard
they feel a lot more tanky

update ... tried uber elder .... TVs die in like 10s into the fight, golems in like 20s. guardian is ok , i am ok

any ideas ?

Last edited by Blego on Nov 4, 2018, 4:42:33 PM
I would like to join the guild. I'll send some PMs in game to see if I can find an officer.
It's incredibly hard to find one of the officers when they're online. Lol. I've been trying for days now. Can I get an add to the guild?

I've been offline for a bit, and need to tweak my golemancer build with some new stuff, and I want to experiment with some of the new support gems.
I dont understamd why this build advices the use of both Temporal Chains and Elemenyal weakness in boots. Animate guardian is the trigger for Elemental Weakness as i understand it so why have it in the blasphemy setup? 🤨
"
Blego wrote:
made some changes

https://pastebin.com/NSzGaWx6

just need to do a lab to change glove enchant
and as a side note i generaly run solar guards instead of tukohama vanguard
they feel a lot more tanky

update ... tried uber elder .... TVs die in like 10s into the fight, golems in like 20s. guardian is ok , i am ok

any ideas ?

Hello :)

Are you getting Spectres from T16+ maps?

Keeping Specters level up

When you enter any area while you have certain type of Specter up, it will automatically add that Specter type to the possible monster types that can be desecrated in the area. If you have level 50 Specters and want to raise them to level 60, you have to :
Enter level 60 area with wanted type of Specter raised
Start casting high enough level Desecrate to summon level 60 Corpses
Continue casting Desecrate until you find wanted type of corpse
(Optional) At this point drop all original Specters by removing the gem and inserting back again
Raise the Specter and it will be now level 60
Continue casting Desecrate until you have maximum number of Specters from the area

Spectres should be pretty tanky if you have taken Soul Weaver and have minion life in helmet. However I think that SGs have less HP than TV Specs so they might need some extra protection from shield and Necromantic Aegis.

Golems survival is tied to their level and elemental resistances. If you can get their resistances to 75% and level to at least 24, they should be ably to survive the fight.

Vis Mortis doesn't give +2 extra levels to Golems and in fact lowers their HP quite a bit. You can try getting 2r2g2b (golem -> emp -> gmp -> slower proj -> echo -> minion damage) Skin of the Loyal for the fight as it makes Golems much mure tanky.

"
I would like to join the guild. I'll send some PMs in game to see if I can find an officer.

"
It's incredibly hard to find one of the officers when they're online. Lol. I've been trying for days now. Can I get an add to the guild?

I've been offline for a bit, and need to tweak my golemancer build with some new stuff, and I want to experiment with some of the new support gems.

Hey :)

Sent invited for both of you, welcome to the guild!

League is at it's end-half so most players are offline atm or log only briefly. We could use some extra officers as guild is 130 members already.

"
I dont understamd why this build advices the use of both Temporal Chains and Elemenyal weakness in boots. Animate guardian is the trigger for Elemental Weakness as i understand it so why have it in the blasphemy setup? 🤨

Hi :)

Temp Chains and Ele Weak from blasphemy is much stronger than what Animate Guardian can curse with gloves.

However the build is not very tanky and relies on kiting bosses heavily. This means that boss will be some time outside of Blasphemys range during the fight. Animate Guardian will remain close to the boss and apply bit weaker version or Ele Weak to the boss to ensure that damage remains as high as possible even when char is far from boss.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Nov 6, 2018, 9:02:28 PM
Why not flammability instead of ele weakness btw? The dmg is all fire aint it? 😮

Edit: Thanks for the responses, and a great guide 😉
Last edited by Tides5 on Nov 7, 2018, 3:27:42 AM
This is my first league, and someone referred me here after I bought something golem related from them. Amazing stuff here and great posters!

I started this league as an Arc Witch and then started fooling around with golems to get more boom or whatever since I was struggling with early maps and delving. I'm now driving a moderately powerful Arc Witch with 8 lvl 23 golems w/ extra sauce. Still figuring the game out. It's half-complicated :). I've gotten to lvl 88, Delve 170, and red maps. I came over from GW2 but had played alot of D2. Tried D3 but never really liked it.

Anyway, big thanks to everyone in this thread, and I'd love to join the guild if someone will toss me an invite!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info