[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

I'm write just to say thanks to creator of this amazing guide and all whole community of this game. Thank you all guys! Keep it up!
"
Ynera wrote:

Your chars tab is hidden :)

make it public

Uups! Sorry. Now! :)
"
johngalt00 wrote:

Your Equip seeems good to me. I suggest to switch shield charge with phase run+efficacy
Mika,please,if u will make Golemancer videos after league started - please,dont show them with ur unreachable gear,like +1 corrupted chest,chayula amulet and like 21 golems and level 4 empower/enhance gems.... I mean thats cool,we know that super expensive build are strong,but 99% of players wont reach this,so its better to show medium max build,which is affordable... no reason to show "hey,here my 100 exalts build and i still can kill shaper" or etc :) just imho..
"
Melanholic7 wrote:
Mika,please,if u will make Golemancer videos after league started - please,dont show them with ur unreachable gear,like +1 corrupted chest,chayula amulet and like 21 golems and level 4 empower/enhance gems.... I mean thats cool,we know that super expensive build are strong,but 99% of players wont reach this,so its better to show medium max build,which is affordable... no reason to show "hey,here my 100 exalts build and i still can kill shaper" or etc :) just imho..

On Harbinger league, i had lvl28 flamegolem with a +1 socket skin of the loyal, :feelsproudman:

there's my 1 month played Golemancer @Harbinger league <3

KneAcroMmanIcer

\m/

Last edited by kami_koi on Nov 28, 2018, 3:13:55 PM
"
awawawawa wrote:
Thank you for all the kind responses above. Definitely stacking ES is my goal now since I find myself die pretty often in high tier maps and bosses.

any thoughts on building another golemancer on the upcoming league?

Hello :)

That's a good question. I might do another golemancer / variant at some point but at the moment problem is that using only non-flame Golem seems not optimal as you get either boss kill speed or clear-speed but not both.

Usually pairing Golems with other type of minions like Spectres fixes that problem as you can give minions certain roles like (Flame Golems = Clear-speed, TV=Boss kill, AG=Buffing/Debuffing). I'm not aware of very good physical / cold / lightning monster to use as Spec with similar type Golems.

For 3.5 there will / may be certain upgrades coming :
- Phase Run has been excellent in Delve league and has provided tons extra defense and better mobility than Shield Charge. I'm thinking about maybe replacing Shield charge with it.
- Tukohama Vanguard damage is out for Pob. I will be adding them to the Pobs. (My TVs damage is near 0.5 mil per TV o_0)
- Bones of Ulls might be getting upgraded version or if we can still craft +1 Spec rare boots, normal Bones Of Ullr will be replaced with them. I will be adding craft guide for the rare boots later.

https://pastebin.com/FwhxpbuK
Here's my current Pob atm. With adding Animate Guardians Leer Cast and Dying Breath buffs that I'm testing, damage should be very close to 0.5 mil per Spec.

"
Hi!

I enjoy to play this build but I often die even in low maps.
Please can you check my GEAR and tell me what I need to improve so it get more tanky. I prefer to play more slowly but be as tanky as possible. :)

Thank you so much!!!

"
Your chars tab is hidden :)

make it public

Bye

"

"
our Equip seeems good to me. I suggest to switch shield charge with phase run+efficacy

Thanks for support ^^

Basically you are missing ES on your gear. Your helmet has no ES and gloves only some. For gear good value are :
- Helmet (80+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances, supports)
- Rings (40+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)
- Amulet (40+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)
- Gloves (150+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)
- Rare Boots (90+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances, +1 Spectres)
- Belt (110+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)

Soth Gives 100% extra ES per item, so focus on stacking it on all rare gear.

Like Ynera said going for Phase Run instead of Shield Charge might be good as it gives you extra protection. Links are :
Phase Run -> Increased Duration -> Efficacy
Efficacy us optional if you can slot Animate Guardian in unsocketed ring with +2/+3 to socketed gem level.

Other than that you can try to stay moving all the time. Temp Chains protects you against all non-boss mobs if you keep moving and don't go too close to the packs. Try to kite 1/3 screen away from the packs so that TC hits while pack and minions will start aggroing the pack at some point. Use Storm Burst only at rare / boss as most trash mobs die in few shots anyway and moving is lot safer than pausing to cast and relying on blocking.

Hope this helps ;)

"
I'm write just to say thanks to creator of this amazing guide and all whole community of this game. Thank you all guys! Keep it up!

Thanks for the support! ^^

Golemancers are pretty awesome bunch to work with ;)

"

"
On Harbinger league, i had lvl28 flamegolem with a +1 socket skin of the loyal, :feelsproudman:

there's my 1 month played Golemancer @Harbinger league <3

KneAcroMmanIcer

\m/

Hey :)

I might do some videos with more normal gear in the future, but it will be pretty much the same as with my usual gear. I will have maybe 0,5 k less EHP, bosses will last few seconds longer and minions will move somewhat slower. However the kill speed of minions will be very similar with normal 2r1g3b Sotl and pseudo 6-link helmet. Play-style will still be exactly the same as 8k vs 9k EHP wont let me tank any more of Minotaurs / Phoenixes hits, so I still have to move all the time and read the boss.

I like to show the gear at full potential as the build is really a long time project for many players spread across many leagues. Many other builds reach the "wall" pretty fast with low investment and after that you need mirror worth gear to upgrade it. However Golemancer will have huge effect with smaller upgrades like stacking more EHP, raising minions levels, getting extra curse or stacking curse effectiveness.

Some guild members have equal or even better gear than me and may have been playing the game for much less time ;)

PS. Kami you have some good gear again, gz!
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Nov 28, 2018, 8:58:27 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:

Basically you are missing ES on your gear. Your helmet has no ES and gloves only some. For gear good value are :
- Helmet (80+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances, supports)
- Rings (40+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)
- Amulet (40+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)
- Gloves (150+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)
- Rare Boots (90+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances, +1 Spectres)
- Belt (110+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)

Soth Gives 100% extra ES per item, so focus on stacking it on all rare gear.

Like Ynera said going for Phase Run instead of Shield Charge might be good as it gives you extra protection. Links are :
Phase Run -> Increased Duration -> Efficacy
Efficacy us optional if you can slot Animate Guardian in unsocketed ring with +2/+3 to socketed gem level.

Hope this helps ;)

Thank you so much!
Found some Helmet/Gloves with ES!!!

And I also will try the Phase Run. And moving around instead of storm burst...

Hope it will helps! :)
Last edited by johngalt00 on Nov 29, 2018, 10:56:08 AM
Hi Mika,

Hope you are well and looking forward to betrayal. I'm hoping that they add in a veiled mod that allows us to craft +1 golem on a weapon so we don't need to run a clayshaper anymore or +1 on boots like spectres. Wishful thinking perhaps but it would be really nice!

Anyway, just a quick but slightly technical question if you don't mind.

I was reading through your section on Primordial Harmonies again and see you state that the cast time on magma ball is 2 seconds. So getting enough cooldown reduction to allow them to cast every 2 seconds is optimal.

As an elementalist and having stacked harmonies my cast time in PoB is 1.36 seconds per cast. So well under the 2 seconds. Would it be worth adding some Primordial Eminences in to add extra cast speed in place of some harmonies? Is the 2 second fairly fixed or can it be lowered by more cast speed? I figured with spell echo they already have a tonne of cast speed. Adding a couple more eminences seems to add DPS in PoB but I don't know if PoB calculates this correctly or just adds in the cast speed bonus which actually can't be used because of the fixed (if true) animation time.

Really just trying to figure out if you actually think it's worth swapping out some harmonies for eminences once you have reached a 2 second cast time in PoB, at least if you stop valuing the extra regen at some point? Or if purely stacking harmonies is always the way to go. In which case as I tend to have 8+ then the cooldown roll is probably less valuable as I will likely hit the 2 second limit even with rolls of 30% to 35% making getting harmonies with 20% golem damage per type a little bit cheaper than trying to get 20% & high 40% rolls too!

Hope you understand the point of my question.

Thanks

DrH
"
Thank you so much!
Found some Helmet/Gloves with ES!!!

And I also will try the Phase Run. And moving around instead of storm burst...

Hope it will helps! :)

Hey :)

Gear looks much better now.
Hope you will have smooth sailing to endgame ;)

"
Hi Mika,

Hope you are well and looking forward to betrayal. I'm hoping that they add in a veiled mod that allows us to craft +1 golem on a weapon so we don't need to run a clayshaper anymore or +1 on boots like spectres. Wishful thinking perhaps but it would be really nice!

Anyway, just a quick but slightly technical question if you don't mind.

I was reading through your section on Primordial Harmonies again and see you state that the cast time on magma ball is 2 seconds. So getting enough cooldown reduction to allow them to cast every 2 seconds is optimal.

As an elementalist and having stacked harmonies my cast time in PoB is 1.36 seconds per cast. So well under the 2 seconds. Would it be worth adding some Primordial Eminences in to add extra cast speed in place of some harmonies? Is the 2 second fairly fixed or can it be lowered by more cast speed? I figured with spell echo they already have a tonne of cast speed. Adding a couple more eminences seems to add DPS in PoB but I don't know if PoB calculates this correctly or just adds in the cast speed bonus which actually can't be used because of the fixed (if true) animation time.

Really just trying to figure out if you actually think it's worth swapping out some harmonies for eminences once you have reached a 2 second cast time in PoB, at least if you stop valuing the extra regen at some point? Or if purely stacking harmonies is always the way to go. In which case as I tend to have 8+ then the cooldown roll is probably less valuable as I will likely hit the 2 second limit even with rolls of 30% to 35% making getting harmonies with 20% golem damage per type a little bit cheaper than trying to get 20% & high 40% rolls too!

Hope you understand the point of my question.

Thanks

DrH

Hello :)

Thanks! I'm doing great and looking forward the next league, hopefully you too.

Wishing that we get new toys for Golemancer. I would pay lots of exalts for rare mainhander with 95% minion damage with +1 Golems line o_0

Here's what I tested with Pob :

Absolute basic Flame Golem cast speed per magma orb (1 charge) is 2.27 second with 6 seconds cooldown.

Adding echo drop cast speed to 1.32 sec but requires second cast animation and about 15% extra time so cast per 2x balls (1 charge) is about 2.8 seconds.

If taking 5x Perfect Harmonies, Golems cooldown drops to 1.85 seconds, which is lower than what 2.8 seconds that Golems need to cast 1 charge = 2 balls from echo. So Golems should be casting Orbs all the time.

https://pastebin.com/KWMQNwRK

2.8 seconds per cast > 1.85 second cooldown

Now comes the tricky part which is minion cast speed modifier and extra Harmonies.

If we take 21 perfect Harmonies and nothing else, Golems will have :

https://pastebin.com/B3mnKeGt

2.8 seconds per cast > 0.57 second cooldown

Now we can start adding cast speed.

Just Charitys frenzy charges lower cooldown to :

https://pastebin.com/8eWH8WMP

2.0 seconds per cast > 0.57 second cooldown

Taking all usual minion cast speed nodes lowers the cast speed to

https://pastebin.com/kiEzwpxv

1.3 seconds per cast > 0.57 second cooldown

Now we can start lowering number of Harmonies till we get to about equal times. With 8x Harmonies we have :

https://pastebin.com/f6Xm5bRj

1.3 seconds per cast = 1.3 second cooldown

so about equal cast = cooldown and Golems should be casting Magma Orbs as fast as earlier cast ends. This is about similar to build at high levels.

You can add Eminences but you have to also lower cooldown then, so you need about Harmonies 1:1 Emimences after first 8x Harmonies.

Hope this gives some base on how to balance Harmonies : Cast speed :)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Nov 30, 2018, 2:51:34 PM
Wow Mika, thanks for the really detailed and helpful reply.

Looks like my current character is fine with just harmonies but I might look into eminences if I ever go pure golems and then just grab every jewel socket within reach.

Yes, pretty hyped for the league. Waiting for patch notes before deciding what to play. I don't usually run golems twice in succession but given how quickly I dropped out of Delve I don't hate the idea of going golems again.

I didn't like dragging golems through incursions as an elementalist so I think it may depend on whether I am happy to go necro or if I change it up to ice golems which I think may be better at clearing a lot of individual rooms with the MS bonus from primordial chain.

Or if stuff like incursion actually comes up fairly rarely then it might not matter anyway. It's just with the crafting being locked behind completing incursions, delves, beasts..etc I do want something that can clear everything with minimal room for failure ideally.

It will be cool if we do see some veiled mods that benefit golems in some way. Even if getting the minion movement speed as a craft you can just add to a good ring rather than having to essence spam that would be a nice QoL addition. Or +1 golems on a ring craft which would be beyond insane but probably still less broken than stat-sticks!!! LOL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info