[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Hey its me again ! I have others questions about the leveling. You explain a lot about the minions skills but what about others skills? What are you using through you progression to the end of act 10 ?

I have read about your gems set-up but it looks like they are for the end game only :3 !

My last question is about Desecrate. I dont understand why you want one in the secondary set of weapons ? You keep it at level one or you normaly upgrade it with the one in the primary weapons set ? This build looks amazing ,i really want to understand the mechanics :D ! Thanks again !
@GaethElorian: Low lvl Desecrate is for automatic casting by CWDT, the high lvl one is to get high level minions.

If you get a specter out of your lvl 3 desecrate it will have a way lower level than the same specter produced out of corpses from high level desecrate.

About Leveling: You can level with whatever you like, i mostly use firestorm. And: zombies are usable from the beginning, specters lvl 28 (i think), golem(s) at lvl 34
Thank you for the quick reply ! Im very excited for the next league to start now :D
Hy....rly would like to start a Golem build again.

But what I remember (2-3 seasons before) "Primordial Might" is rly rly rly expensive.

With all those buffs I think it wont get cheaper.

What do u think....is it viable without those stones too or should I run something else mainwhile till I get the stones? (Zombies? SRS? )

Would be nice if u could add a league starter build "Primordial" and "Anima".

Ty :)
Last edited by CroDanZ on Feb 27, 2018, 2:02:07 PM
"
CroDanZ wrote:

What do u think....is it viable without those stones too or should I run something else mainwhile till I get the stones? (Zombies? SRS? )

Use whatever you like till lvl 41. Then get 2 clayshapers. With these you will have 3 golems, which can carry you easily up to maps Tier 10. You can grind yellow maps for currency and buy stones easily.

You know, one can simply run alched maps Tier 6 for 20c per hour profit. Look for videos on Youtube. ;)
So I'm starting this on standard and will no life it until league starts to see if I like the build...currency not a problem so have all uniques ready to go.

My question is when do I switch to golems as primary source of DPS? I noticed above you mention equipping two Clayshapers but in your guide you use a shield?

Since there is no lvl requirement on anima stone, when should I equip and start using? Also have might and 2 harmony ready to go.

Thanks!
Another quick question - pre 3.2 is necro the better ascendancy to take leveling/end game wise? Post 3.2 will you still be taking necro?
What are your thoughts on leveling as an elementalist for the extra golems in 3.2? It seems like it's a pretty immediate spike to dps. Then we can shift to necro or occultist as we gear up/finish the tree.
"
Thunderchubs wrote:

Since there is no lvl requirement on anima stone, when should I equip and start using? Also have might and 2 harmony ready to go.

Thanks!

As you can't use golems prior to lvl 34, anima stone won't have an effect up to lvl 33 ;)
"
Thanks for answer. Using shield will cost me 1 golem of 5. You also apply EE with stormburst with offering. Dual dyadus gives 200% more damage which i want to apply reliably and animate guardian can go attack adds with boss standing nearby. I thought of clayshaper+dyadus setup with lacerate/sunder to apply EE/Chill, but it'l cost convenient cwc offering benefit. I'm aiming for endgame bossing setup btw.

Np, hoping you find good setup ;)

"
Hey its me again ! I have others questions about the leveling. You explain a lot about the minions skills but what about others skills? What are you using through you progression to the end of act 10 ?

I have read about your gems set-up but it looks like they are for the end game only :3 !

My last question is about Desecrate. I dont understand why you want one in the secondary set of weapons ? You keep it at level one or you normaly upgrade it with the one in the primary weapons set ? This build looks amazing ,i really want to understand the mechanics :D ! Thanks again !

"
@GaethElorian: Low lvl Desecrate is for automatic casting by CWDT, the high lvl one is to get high level minions.

If you get a specter out of your lvl 3 desecrate it will have a way lower level than the same specter produced out of corpses from high level desecrate.

About Leveling: You can level with whatever you like, i mostly use firestorm. And: zombies are usable from the beginning, specters lvl 28 (i think), golem(s) at lvl 34

"
Thank you for the quick reply ! Im very excited for the next league to start now :D

Hello :)

I usually leveling with some random skill for 10 first levels and start using zombies and SRS as soon as I get enough regen on gear to keep zombies alive. Lightning Tendrils is pretty nice starting skill as it has both area and decent damage.

After I can summon specters, they will be the sole damage dealers of the build. There's lots of info about what Specters to use at which level in leveling section.

Golems can be used pretty early and deal nice damage when mixed with Specters.

The new setup doesn't use low level Desecrate anymore and you can level it as you level yourself when its linked to "storm burst". Old setup had bunch of Cast When Damage Taken setups, and had to keep one Desecrate for leveling and one for CWDT lvl 1.

"
Hy....rly would like to start a Golem build again.

But what I remember (2-3 seasons before) "Primordial Might" is rly rly rly expensive.

With all those buffs I think it wont get cheaper.

Would be nice if u could add a league starter build "Primordial" and "Anima".

Ty :)

"
Use whatever you like till lvl 41. Then get 2 clayshapers. With these you will have 3 golems, which can carry you easily up to maps Tier 10. You can grind yellow maps for currency and buy stones easily.

You know, one can simply run alched maps Tier 6 for 20c per hour profit. Look for videos on Youtube. ;)

Hey :)

I recommend going heavy on Specters until you can get currency for Stones. Solar Guards are pretty much Flame Golem equivalents as Specters. Mixing some Golems with them is very nice boost if you can get helmet with support gems in it to support either Golems or Specters.

You can also go for Golems pretty early. 2-3x Golems woth Chlayshapers works pretty good as what I have heard.

It's very beneficial to push maps early and sell highest tier maps for profit. Try to run always your highest maps and build Atlas as fast as you can. In first week Anima Stone is usually 40-60c which is doable even with farming chaos sets in dried lake ;)

"
So I'm starting this on standard and will no life it until league starts to see if I like the build...currency not a problem so have all uniques ready to go.

My question is when do I switch to golems as primary source of DPS? I noticed above you mention equipping two Clayshapers but in your guide you use a shield?

Thanks!

"
Another quick question - pre 3.2 is necro the better ascendancy to take leveling/end game wise? Post 3.2 will you still be taking necro?

"
As you can't use golems prior to lvl 34, anima stone won't have an effect up to lvl 33 ;)

Hi :)

I usually main Golems as soon as I can summon 4x out. IF you have all gear ready, you can start using Golems at level 34. I usually don't go dual Clayshapers as I Charity shield so much, but that's matter of taste ;)

Necro looks as good post 3.2.0 as pre 3.2.0. Block chance loss is not catastrophic as main defense has always been max level Temp Chains and kiting. I like the new "Invoker" node 10x more than the useless zombie node we had to take when going for Specters. Skill trees will be reset after patch anyway, so doens't matter if you level pre or post 3.2.0.

"
What are your thoughts on leveling as an elementalist for the extra golems in 3.2? It seems like it's a pretty immediate spike to dps. Then we can shift to necro or occultist as we gear up/finish the tree.

Hey :)

Elementalist is certainly option if you want to go Golem heavy early. I like Necro more myself as you get extra resistance, block chance, Specters to help with boss killing etc. Elementalists other Ascendancies are just not very appealing for minion build.

Switching at higher levels is very good option, and I don't recommend leveling as Occultist at all. Occultist is great to chose as high level alternative but has too low synergy with minions for leveling from start.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info