[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Quick question here. Do we still use the same skill tree, even when using the Occultist Ascendancy ?
"
mika2salo wrote:

Hi :)

Gz on very nice gear setup!

You wont actually be losing defense or damage with the new setup. Old setup was made for denial of attacks and kiting around bosses, but needed lots of knowledge about boss mechanics to do high tier bosses deathless as one hit could kill and it had almost no block / evade chance. New setup offers some benefits compared to the old one :
- More damage (Specters add 3-4x faster boss kill damage compared to just Golems, with or without charges)
- More block chance (Without Necromantic Aegis and after offering nerf we can still reach nice block chance)

Block
=> 17,5 % from 20/20 Offering
=> 25% from shield(Rathpith for example) = 42,5%
=> 20% from Rumi's Concoction = 62,5%

Spell Block
=> 17 % from 20/20 Offering
=> 37,5% from shield(Rathpith for example) 17% + (62,5*0,6=37,5) = 54,5%
=> 10% from Rumi's Concoction = 64,5%

I'm using perfect block Rathpith and Rumi's for example, but spell damage doesn't matter in Rathpith and we can buy very cheap rolls. Perfect Rumis's is not that expensive also.

As you are playing in standard, you have option to buy legacy Rumi's Concoction. This will easily raise your block in 75/75% as before nerf.

So you are gaining tons of damage and block, while boss fights will last shorter time making sure you don't have to be kiting/blocking very long. You lose some ES in changing helmet to rare with support gems inside, but gain some ES with using Rathpith or other rare shield without Necro Aegis. Hopefully this explains the changes ;)

Just crafted this

So time to wait changelog to see
"
Hi, thanks for the answer, I meant the new gem phantasm on kill. I expressed myself poorly, I should have said theorycraft or something.

"
new support skill gem Phantasm

Hey :)

My bad, totally forgot about the new skill. They seem interesting, but not sure how to use them while not lowering other minions damage too much. We will see how they work after patch is out ;)

"
Quick question here. Do we still use the same skill tree, even when using the Occultist Ascendancy ?

Hello :)

The skill tree is almost totally same. Just have to drop extra curse and curse effectiveness nodes as Ascendancy provides both now. The free nodes can be assigned to boost EHP (HP + ES) even more.

"
Just crafted this

So time to wait changelog to see

Wow, pretty sick helmet, gz! 0_o
Did you chaos spam it or craft in other way?

UPDATE

Patch notes are out and no changes to Golems or Specters! This means that build is online as fast as I complete skill tree updates and finalize gear / gem section \o/

I will spec my lvl 100 char immediately after patch for Occultist and post video + thoughts about how well Occultist works in endgame as summoner.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
"
Minion damage has been adjusted

Too early to tell right now IMO. It could either be nothing or totally different than it was. Hopefully they didn't touch golems too much.
Last edited by madriz on Feb 28, 2018, 4:50:55 PM
Minion damage has been adjusted, and all minion types (except Raging Spirits) will now attack more quickly, but deal less base damage. This also fixes a long-standing issue where added damage would only apply in-part to most minions, so many minions will also get up to 50% more damage from sources of added damage. Sources of increased attack speed for your minions will now be correctly multiplicative with their base attack speed.
The Slam skill used by Raised Zombies can no longer be evaded.
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
"
mika2salo wrote:

Wow, pretty sick helmet, gz! 0_o
Did you chaos spam it or craft in other way?

UPDATE

Patch notes are out and no changes to Golems or Specters! This means that build is online as fast as I complete skill tree updates and finalize gear / gem section \o/

I will spec my lvl 100 char immediately after patch for Occultist and post video + thoughts about how well Occultist works in endgame as summoner.

Alteration spam + augment + regal
One more question....how does this build act in Ueber Lab? (Budged version)

Good Ueber Lab farmer or not the best choice for it?
"
CroDanZ wrote:

Imho there are better specs for it ... at least as your minions will be harmed by traps, stuck behind walls etc. ...
"
madriz wrote:
"
Minion damage has been adjusted

Too early to tell right now IMO. It could either be nothing or totally different than it was. Hopefully they didn't touch golems too much.

"
Minion damage has been adjusted, and all minion types (except Raging Spirits) will now attack more quickly, but deal less base damage. This also fixes a long-standing issue where added damage would only apply in-part to most minions, so many minions will also get up to 50% more damage from sources of added damage. Sources of increased attack speed for your minions will now be correctly multiplicative with their base attack speed.
The Slam skill used by Raised Zombies can no longer be evaded.

Hello :)

I saw that also, but I think it has more to do with melee based Specters and minions as they specified "attacks". I have tried multiple melee based minions earlier (Stone Golems, Kitavas Heralds, Skeletons) and they hit like a truck but are dumb as a rock. This could be similar as "Aggressive AI" for golems but now patched to melee minions?

"
Alteration spam + augment + regal

Hi :)

Thx, have to try to craft myself better helmet later.

"

"
Imho there are better specs for it ... at least as your minions will be harmed by traps, stuck behind walls etc. ...

Hey :)

Temporal Chains, high block chance and Flame Golems make Izaro fight very easy if you just know how to kite hes bigger moves. Specters and Animate Guardian just keep getting stuck in the traps and die, but you can use just Golems for lab runs as they can be instantly resummoned back.

ES based specs are not optimal for Lab as they have hard time refilling EHP back and take tons of damage from traps. Build can run labs but its not very enjoyable. If you are planning to make only lab farmer, I recommend checking life based builds.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Feb 28, 2018, 6:24:51 PM
How come the build has the additional curse node? Animate Guardian doesn't count toward the player's curse count. He has his own slot to curse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info