[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
llHugoll wrote:
My damage is not god in boss. Am I doing something wrong?
Spoiler

My tree.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAASzCPQNHw18DeIOSBEvEVARlhUnFm8XLxg8GFYYahslG8gc3B0UHaofGCL0KPorCjLROVI8KDwtQYdEBEVHRnFIjkmxS65Ms025UftXyVgHWpFca2BDZlRmnmjyakNqrGvbbAttGW49cg99GH5Zf8aCx4MJg1-DzIRIhWCIQIx2jLGPGo9GkDOTJ5RvmK2bipuhnL6hL6IApqynCKcrqH2qxLB3tAy3Mbc-uJO9J75PvoC-isBmw23K08y8zRbP3dAf04_T-9fP2L3ZW9rd34rhiONq44TpAuq66-7sg-yK74jv6_Af8Yr31_k3-ej60v4K_kk=?accountName=llHugoll&characterName=xXBlackWitcherXx

Hello :)

You gear is looking pretty good. You can still get :
- 20% more damage by adding lvl 21/0 Golem gem (19->21)
- 20% more damage by adding lvl 4 empower gem (2->4, corrupt lvl 3 works also and costs almost nothing)

Golems level is the best way to raise their damage.

Your profile is private, so I cant see how many Primordial Harmonies you are using, but 5-6x with good rolls on Golem damage and incresed cooldown reduction lines they should be spamming enough.

Golems are very good at clearing maps and have great coverage with their magma balls. However boss fights is not their strongest point. You can raise their level to max and keep Elemental Equilibrium up all the time for good damage.

However If you want to focus more in Bosses and survival or dont find the default builds damage enough for bosses, I recommend checking my "75%/75% MAX BLOCK, 4X FLAME GOLEMS, 3X SPECTERS, 1x ANIMATE GUARDIAN VARIANT" variant on post #7. That variant adds 3x Tukohama Vanguard Specters, which will kill boss 4-5x times faster than just Golems. It also adds max block, so boss fights will be much shorter and safer. However it requires more active play-style and has slower clear speed.

"
how can I join the guild? I tried to contact the people in the first post but most of the names are not active.
cheers

Hey :)

I just sent you guild invite in-game. PM me in forums if you cant find it.

Welcome to guild ^^
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Feb 22, 2018, 4:36:33 PM
Curious about the pantheon system, never upgraded it before but captured thraxia for soul of lunaris ... can i still capture the other 2 ones for soul of lunaris (sebbert/lycius), or is only one of these 3 possible?

Thx :)
Last edited by Mydgard6 on Feb 24, 2018, 7:04:05 PM

Hepta Golems coming ? XDDD
Last edited by kami_koi on Feb 25, 2018, 5:04:07 PM
Elementalist ascendancy change is HUGE. Golems can now be a budget build, for 2c you get 5 golems. The damage multipliers no longer applying to type but # of Golems makes this a clear winner for the archetype pending any Necro golem buffs.
Hurray for Ele golem buff. Now let's hope they don't give her the pre-nerf treatment like chieftain had.
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
Curious about the pantheon system, never upgraded it before but captured thraxia for soul of lunaris ... can i still capture the other 2 ones for soul of lunaris (sebbert/lycius), or is only one of these 3 possible?

Thx :)

You can capture any number of souls for Pantheon. Pantheon nodes are meant to be changed between maps in theory, so there is no limit expect for only 1 big and 1 small active at a time.

You can also unlock all modifiers under one god and each line will become active in the end.

"
Hepta Golems coming ? XDDD

"
Elementalist ascendancy change is HUGE. Golems can now be a budget build, for 2c you get 5 golems. The damage multipliers no longer applying to type but # of Golems makes this a clear winner for the archetype pending any Necro golem buffs.

"
Hurray for Ele golem buff. Now let's hope they don't give her the pre-nerf treatment like chieftain had.

Hi :)

Glad to see that Elementalist got buffs to the Golem side! ^^

There are however still few things making "current" (3.10 tree) Necromancer better base.

1) Problem is not the Golems, but rather the Specters

The Specters are so busted at the moment, that 3x Tukohama Vanguard in my pseudo 7-link (with "Soul Weaver" Ascendancy) are doing 4-5x more single target (boss) damage than my 4x lvl 28 Flame Golems.

This is not really problem affecting Golems, but rather making Specters too good. TV Specters have terrible clear speed, but the raw damage in single target is just absurd for the cost.

2) Other Ascendancy nodes are still useless

Like before, if you want to take Elementalist as Golemancer, you will be missing on other Ascendancy nodes. Necromancer gives nice extra as max block, chaos & elemental resistance, etc.

3) Golems "bugged" cooldown may be fixed potentially lowering their DPS

It's still unknown in which occasions the bug is affecting Golems cooldown recovery and if the fix will be nerfing normal Golemancers damage at all. However if it would hit Golems hard and drop for example 60% cooldown recovery, this will raise the contrast between Elementalist (pure golems) vs Necromancer (Golems + Specters) even more, as no matter how many Golems Elementalist has, they wont be shooting at all if Charges run out.

Elementalist is starting to look more appealing as Golemancer for budget or SSF where you can only dream about primordial jewels. However Necromaner with 4x Flame Golems and 3x TV Specters will do still 3-4x more boss damage while providing max block chance making boss fights last shorter duration while giving more defense. The faster you kill, the longer you survive.

UPDATE

For the 3.2.0, if Necromancers "Mistress of Sacrifice" or "Soul Weaver" nodes wont get nerfed I will be releasing "75%/75% Max Block, 4x Flame Golems, 3x Specters, 1x Animate Guardian" variant in its own thread instead of being in post #6. The variant differs from default build enough to feel as almost completely new build. The default build is still best for clear-speed / lazy play-style with 1 button, but can't compete with raw damage and defense against Golem + Specter hybrid. I will also update this guide to 3.2.0.

I have been testing the variant extensively and Flame Golems have excellent clear-speed, while Tukohama Vanguards add 3-4x faster boss kill to the build. Build will have maximum block chance as extra defense while still having -75% Temporal Chains and Animate Guardians slowing effects to minimize taken hits. This variant wont use Necromantic Aegis, so it can use spell block shield with ES given to EHP (HP + ES) raising it easier to 10k+

However if Necromancer gets nerfed, I will be updating the default build for the Elementalist. Elementalist is good Ascendancy class, but Necromancer with Golems+Specters is just too good at the moment. What ever happens 3.2.0 is looking good for Golems ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Feb 25, 2018, 7:11:01 PM
Can't wait for the 3.2 updates :D
Finally got all the gear necessary to run the default build, and now looking at Elementalist I really want to use it lol. But I'm sticking with whatever you change the default build to, I'm not good at the whole min/max'ing aspect of this game.

I have my fingers crossed that we get a skill tree reset with this so I can wipe my witch and switch to this build, without having to burn all those regret orbs...
"
mika2salo wrote:
It's still unknown in which occasions the bug is affecting Golems cooldown recovery and if the fix will be nerfing normal Golemancers damage at all. However if it would hit Golems hard and drop for example 60% cooldown recovery, this will raise the contrast between Elementalist (pure golems) vs Necromancer (Golems + Specters) even more, as no matter how many Golems Elementalist has, they wont be shooting at all if Charges run out.
This isn't really accurate. Not all Flame Golem abilities are charge-based or have a cooldown. Iirc, all golem types have at least one ability not limited by cooldown or charges.

"
Elementalist is starting to look more appealing as Golemancer for budget or SSF where you can only dream about primordial jewels. However Necromaner with 4x Flame Golems and 3x TV Specters will do still 3-4x more boss damage
Not sure if you're comparing to Elementalist or just your own Necro Flame Golem configuration, but I'm somewhat doubtful that the Flame Golem+Spectres combo can do 3-4x boss damage compared to a properly built Golementalist. I've seen most of the Golem+Spectre videos. They're fast, but not 3-4x, not even double. I'd like to see an example if you have one.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
"
Mercien wrote:
Can't wait for the 3.2 updates :D

"
Finally got all the gear necessary to run the default build, and now looking at Elementalist I really want to use it lol. But I'm sticking with whatever you change the default build to, I'm not good at the whole min/max'ing aspect of this game.

I have my fingers crossed that we get a skill tree reset with this so I can wipe my witch and switch to this build, without having to burn all those regret orbs...

Thanks for support ^^

I'm sure we will get skill reset as always when tree or Ascendancies are changes. Waiting for Necro changes at the moment and checking other updates.

"
This isn't really accurate. Not all Flame Golem abilities are charge-based or have a cooldown. Iirc, all golem types have at least one ability not limited by cooldown or charges.

Thanks for the correction. All Golems indeed have attacks with no cooldown and the cooldown duration may range from 2-8 seconds. However the "default" attacks are pretty weak.

"
Not sure if you're comparing to Elementalist or just your own Necro Flame Golem configuration, but I'm somewhat doubtful that the Flame Golem+Spectres combo can do 3-4x boss damage compared to a properly built Golementalist. I've seen most of the Golem+Spectre videos. They're fast, but not 3-4x, not even double. I'd like to see an example if you have one.

I'm using Guardians and Shaper as example for the fights duration. With just Golems, T16-> bosses actually can take quite long. This is most likely happening as Golems enter "melee" range and start cycling between weaker attacks also. Specters plain and simple place totems which start to deal massive amounts of burning damage to enemies. If really wanting to push over 3-4x speed, Animate Guardian can be equipped with 2x "Dyadus" (Thx for "Natt") for 150% increased burning damage. I will try to record run with Golems + Specters if Necro wont get nerged and I might actually go for Occultist.

I'm actually starting to get really hyped about 3.2.0 also and for kinda strange reason :

OCCULTIST

Lets check some benefits if Golemancer would to go Occultist :

Profane Bloom and Malediction side
- 16% increased energy shield
=> Very nice buff to ES
- +25% effectiveness of curses
=> With inserting 20/20 Temporal Chains, 20/20 Blasphemy and lvl 4 Enhance in "+1 level to Gems" item, this means we can reach -75% Temporal chains cap without ANY curse effectiveness nodes. No need to farm Lab for helmet enhancement.
- Your curses can apply to hexproof enemies
=> This is huge, literally stops almost all non-boss pack or enemy being able to kill us when Temporal Chains is at max level and active
- Cursed enemies you or your minions kill have 25% chance to explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum life as chaos damage
=>Golems have already greatest coverage from all minions with huge, overlapping Magma Balls. Now they can literally start carpet bombing enemies as most likely whole pack will be covered with Balls and enemies can literally explode in one big bang after first of the pack dies. This is literally Herald for minion.
- Enemies can have 1 additional curse
=> Build can easily squeeze in second curse (with "Enhance" linked to it)and still be able to cast moment skills / Elemental Equilibrium activation skill. This saves at least 3x curse nodes and potentially need for "+1 curse Eye Of Chayula". Second curse would be Elemental Weakness which scales wonderfully with extra quality from enhance and curse effectiveness.
- Enemies you curse have Malediction
=> 10% less damage taken and minions will do 10% increased damage to enemies. HUGE bonus to survival against bosses.

Wicked Ward and Vile Bastion side
- 16% increased energy shield & 30% faster ES recharge rate
=> Very nice buff to ES
- 250 flat ES
=> Builds default armor "Skin Of The Loyal" has line "100% increased Global Defences". This WORKS WITH THE ADDED 250 ES and increases it :D
- Energy shield racharge is not interrupted by damage if recharge began recently
=> Massive quality of life node. With faster recharge rate from smaller nodes, this means that ES regens as reliably as HP
- 1% of energy shield regenerated per second for each enemy you or your minion has killed recently, up to 30%
=> This means literally 10-30% ES regen per second while clearing even as decent speed. HUGE buffer to keep build safe
- Cannot be stunned while you have energy shield
=> Presence of Chayula will still probably be best amulet for the build, but this helps a lot while still saving for it. Now Bisco farmers can run without fear of stun and not taking anti-stun Pahtheon.

Golems damage actually scales more with Primordial Harmonies, than with minion damage from tree. While Necromancers (3.1.0) Ascendancy tree gives them roughly 20% more damage, the extra effect from curses with Occultist may easily replace it against non-boss enemies. Build can still run 2-3x Tukohama Vanguard- Specters for extra boss kill damage even if not using Necromancer.

If Necro wont get buffed (or gets nerfed), I will actually go for occultist. Elementalist is nice and all but Occultist looks just OP :D

Heres my quick POB to the occulist tree :

https://pastebin.com/DHjcVkT7

I modied Presence Of Chayula to have the 150 extra ES and 25% curse effeciveness from Ascendancy nodes. Variant has :
- Almost 200k DPS per Golem
- Tons of Specter damage
- Almost 11k EHP
- Dual curse
-> Max curse effectiveness on Temp Chains
-> Hugely effective Elemental Weakness
- Can curse Hexproof enemies
- Up to 30% ES regen per second
- Carpet bombing Golems (Thanks to chaos explosions)
- Stun Immunity
- Non-stopping ES regen once it starts

Heres Video about Chimera fight with 3.1.0 Occultist :
https://youtu.be/w1YFxLAZvNY
Pob of setup for fight was :
https://pastebin.com/cjnhYDTU

I finally learned how to record audio so no crappy freeware music anymore in videos! \o/
Last edited by mika2salo on Feb 26, 2018, 12:15:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info