Donald Trump and US politics

"
Nasynne wrote:

Just cause someone was given an award doesn't necessarily mean it makes sense.

Not sure if you read why he got the award, but it definitely made sense. Trump actually DID SOMETHING to help, and not just TALK.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Feb 13, 2017, 2:02:29 AM
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Can you get pregnant?

Can a woman impregnate another woman? If not, why is she allowed to have any say on child support laws? <--that makes as much sense as your statement.

Women weren't allowed into the military for a long period, should they have been denied the right to have a say on that?

If you think someone can only understand something if it happens to them, than only rapists and rape victims would be allowed to make rape law.

It would also mean that you wouldn't be allowed a say about Trump because you are not American, a billionaire, a US president .... etc.

Do people who have been around that situation (doctors, potential moms, potential dads etc) have a better personal insight? Of course they do.

Fortunately many humans can now read and write and communicate. This is why those of us who aren't working at CERN can talk about the Higgs boson. The degreee of understanding will depend on the quality and quantity of information given out and taken in, and the cognizance of the person doing the understanding.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
ee, I have some respect for you. Do you have any problem with what he posted? Do you get the difference between "I am a feminist" and "I am a douchebag creep who appears to benefit from the effects of feminism"?

Do you get satire? Do you understand the negative impact that leftist ideological feminism has on society, especially on young women? If not, check out Sweden, the cuckiest and most "feminist" country in the world:

The Feminist Government That Hates Women

It's a bit long, but worth to watch if the topic interests you. Modern feminism is a complete parody of its true purpose and more of a danger to women than anything else.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
ee, I have some respect for you. Do you have any problem with what he posted? Do you get the difference between "I am a feminist" and "I am a douchebag creep who appears to benefit from the effects of feminism"?

Do you get satire? Do you understand the negative impact that leftist ideological feminism has on society, especially on young women? If not, check out Sweden, the cuckiest and most "feminist" country in the world:

The Feminist Government That Hates Women

It's a bit long, but worth to watch if the topic interests you. Modern feminism is a complete parody of its true purpose and more of a danger to women than anything else.

sweden is beyond repair

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
^ nice how the strong and independent feminists covered themselves, while in front of a theocratic islamist regime. 'Muh patriarchy'
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"

See, I have some respect for you. Do you have any problem with what he posted? Do you get the difference between "I am a feminist" and "I am a douchebag creep who appears to benefit from the effects of feminism"?

What I have respect for (among other things):

- humor
- logic and reason

What you wrote:

- started with a backhanded compliment (which is, by the way, a tactic often used on women by less than ethical guys as a kind of status-related mind game - I'm not saying it's a good idea, but it exists)
- continued with a qualification of someone as a "douchebag creep", which conveys no meaningful information besides your strong emotional reaction to the guy

The question is loaded on many levels. The way you formulated it, the message is your tenuous respect for me is contingent on my thoughts about the guy you qualified as a "douchebag creep". It could be construed as a kind of emotional manipulation. I'm not saying you did this on purpose. Perhaps you really want to like me and in your mind's eye you were giving me the benefit of the doubt. You were saying, "please, let me like you, don't be like the douchebag creep".

This kind of emotional manipulation, even if it comes from a good place, isn't something I respect either. It makes me want to troll you.

I won't do this, because I don't respect this post, but I respect many others by you.

On to your question: Do I have any problem with what he posted?

No, not really. I don't know who he is and I haven't watched other content by him. From his style and delivery, I suspect he might indeed be a raging douchebag. Nevertheless, what he said in this video was funny. I laughed. I didn't take it too seriously, as it's obviously humor - albeit of the aggressive and offensive variety - and I think it contains a kernel of truth, even if it's blown out of proportion and extreme, as satire often is.

Why I said "hush, don't reveal the secret"? Because, if you listen to him without tying your panties in a knot and actually think about what he says, he kinda has a point. My personal observations confirm his conclusions. I already mentioned I've a cousin who's a bona fide, certified PhD feminist and university lecturer on social issues. Well, she's one of the unhappiest people I know. She lives the exact feminist ideal, what the guy was talking about - polyamorous relationship with a kid and no marriage, and she's fucking miserable. Diagnosed clinical depression-level miserable. [edit: why anyone thinks a person who is failing at the most fundamental level, how to be happy, should be paid to teach others what to think, is beyond me]

Do you know what's the funniest part? The feminist ideas talked about in the video don't benefit all guys, of course. They benefit just the ones who want to fuck around a lot without commitments. I suspect a significant portion of these guys can be called some form of douchebag or another. The demographic I'm certain these ideas benefit the least are women. They go directly against most women's biological instincts and needs. Sure, they should be able to choose what to do with their lives. If they want to make a career and put the more traditional family values aside, so be it. However, I believe most women would actually feel happier and more fulfilled if they did what they've done throughout 99.99% of human history - be the center of the family, the heart and the hearth, raise their children and turn an address into a home. My mother is one of these women, and she's been happily married for 30 years in a traditional family.

I also believe feminism has mutated and what was once a necessary and powerful movement for equal rights, in a situation in which rights were indeed not equal, is now mostly a set of destructive ideas which causes no small amount of unhappiness and cognitive dissonance to men and women. I think it went from "men and women should be equal" to "men and women should be the same", which is a load of crap.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Feb 13, 2017, 6:43:33 AM
"
Bars wrote:
I don't know who he is and I haven't watched other content by him. From his style and delivery, I suspect he might indeed be a raging douchebag.

Man, you should totally look up Gavin McCinnes. He's a no-BS political comentator destroying feminazism and SJW-s with arguments & satire. This "douchebag truck driver" is just one of the many roles he plays on his show.

You will love his SJW far-left alter ego: 30 words and phrases that are simply wrong
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
I don't know who he is and I haven't watched other content by him. From his style and delivery, I suspect he might indeed be a raging douchebag.

Man, you should totally look up Gavin McCinnes. He's a no-BS political comentator destroying feminazism and SJW-s with arguments & satire. This "douchebag truck driver" is just one of the many roles he plays on his show.

You will love his SJW far-left alter ego: 30 words and phrases that are simply wrong

Will give him a go. The feminism video was fucking funny.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:

No, not really.

Well, shit.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
"
Bars wrote:

No, not really.

Well, shit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info