Donald Trump and US politics

"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Manocean wrote:
Why do people think Milo Yiannopoulos and Gavin Mcinnes are Nazis?

Have they actually listened to these men speak (mansplain)? They're controversial at best.

Because liberals will call anyone who slightly disagree with them, a Nazis

And this is done to dehumanize people to the point that mob violence against them is justified?
anything is everything
"
Manocean wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Manocean wrote:

Have they actually listened to these men speak (mansplain)? They're controversial at best.

Because liberals will call anyone who slightly disagree with them, a Nazis

And this is done to dehumanize people to the point that mob violence against them is justified?

yup pretty much, it's ok to punch a nazis so call them all nazis.

Also a big irony I just realized a few moments ago. The progressive liberal thrash the Martin Luther King Student Union on the first day of Black History Month to protest a lecture by a gay immigrant who dates a black man, Liberalism is imploding into itself.
The mystery of the 3 million fraudulent voters solved.

These were all voters that would have voted Trump but sadly were victims of the Bowling Green Massacre.
Casually casual.

"
Wow this topic is basically /r/The_Donald except the conservatives here don't feel the need to call liberals "cucks" at every sentence turn.

Quite the hive-mind of "everything Donald Trump is doing is RIGHT"...

Spoiler
I would venture to say 80% of the U.S. doesn't 100% agree nor disagree with Trump. I know i'm in that bucket. I also didn't 100% agree with or disagree with Obama.

The biggest problem I've ever had with trump is that he divides people to win. Whether it be for the election or in his current office.

I actually really liked his 100 day plan (expect the whole wall waste of money). Term limits, etc were awesome ideas as were some others.

The far left and far right are equally guilty in the current state of racial and partisan tension. If people (and especially the news) could stop referring to people as fascists, cucks, libtards, nazis... our country could make a huge step forward in bridging the current political and racial divides that are plaguing us right now.

I hate the news. I hate /r/politics left leaning bullshit. I hate /r/The_donald's right leaning bullshit... and every news site/news station that propagates either opinion as fact.

I'm sick of it. I have to go to the BBC to get news about my country because they are the only one that state the facts and let me make my own opinions.

One day the average, middle-american will be accurately represented in government. I don't know when but hopefully one day. As far as i'm concerned, the "MAGA OMG DJT IS AWESOME IN EVERYTHING" is just as bad as the "NOTMYPRESIDENT" idiots.

There is no way to convince the 10% of extreme left people that DJT is good at all. Simply none. They can't be reasoned with. Similarly a LOT of super pro MAGA people cannot be shown examples of Trump's mishaps.

People are targeting the man and not the issues he is attempting to address. If we don't know what he's doing without shitty bias, then everything is a finger pointing game with no accountability.

Seriously you can't tell me that crazy shit like Trump literally walking out of cross-country political meetings is a good thing. You can't tell me that hanging up on the Australian president is a good thing. [EDIT: Fake news again...the call was scheduled for an hour but "abruptly ended at 25 min"] Similarly you can't tell me that Trump doesn't have good intentions with the whole "Wall" thing...I know what he's trying to do and I respect him for it...but it's foolish and the investment does not justify his "feelings".

I'm sick of this hive-mind crap on both sides.

I have a laundry list of things to say about this.

(1) I'm not sure it's fair to say Trump divides people to win. Like you say later in the post, America is already pretty divided, and was before Trump ran. This has been measured by people (like 538) in terms of the rise of partisanship. Both sides demonize the other on the campaign trail. The intelligent way to do it is to only bash people who are never ever going to vote for you anyway, without offending the right or left leaning middle. For an example of how NOT to do that, see 'basket of deplorables' or 'I prefer war heroes who don't get taken prisoner'.

(2) I also liked his 100 day plan. Between Gary Johnson regularly shitting the bed on national TV, and this, it's the reason I voted for him.

(3) "fascists, cucks, libtards, nazis" One of the reasons I view the left as being much worse than the right at the moment is a list like this. You're welcome to disagree, but to me, insults like cuck and libtard are just generic insults. To call someone a fascist or a nazi is to say that they belong in prison, or possibly deserve the death penalty. People who use these terms lightly demonstrate that they have no interest in knowing or learning anything.

(4) I also have the BBC bookmarked, and I also thought they were pretty down the middle, although I have come to see that they are not. They lean left, just in a different way than our domestic media. You'll see it if you keep your eyes open. And honestly, it doesn't offend me that much now that I've become a better consumer of news. Along with the guardian and the dailymail, I appreciate that the UK press will talk about things our media won't.

(5) As another example of why the left is worse than the right, blindly following and supporting everything Trump does may be foolishness, but 'not my president' against a fairly and democratically elected president is beyond foolish, and tends toward seditious.

(6) To list some negatives as others have and dispel with some of the hive-mindedness, I'm not a fan of some of his cabinet appointments - DeVoss, Minuchin, and kind of Sessions. While 85% of what the left says about Sessions is bullshit (see Stephan Molyneux's YT video), his stance on marajuana is awful. First, it should be a state issue. Second, if they insist on making it a federal issue, 56% of Americans want legal pot, so Sessions is very wrong on the subject. To continue with Trump objections, I suspect that he has little to no interest in a balanced budget, or curbing spending. I had counted the 'grab em by the pussy' tape to be a strike against him for about a week, but had a bit of a revelation. I decided to look up polling on women in my age group and ethnicity to see how they tape changed their likely voting habits. I told myself that if there was a big swing - if they thought it was unacceptable and horrible - than I would not vote for Trump. Turns out polling before and after was identical. If the tape didn't offend my peers, I certainly wasn't going to be offended in a futile attempt to white-knight for them.
"
innervation wrote:
Spoiler

(1) I'm not sure it's fair to say Trump divides people to win. Like you say later in the post, America is already pretty divided, and was before Trump ran. This has been measured by people (like 538) in terms of the rise of partisanship. Both sides demonize the other on the campaign trail. The intelligent way to do it is to only bash people who are never ever going to vote for you anyway, without offending the right or left leaning middle. For an example of how NOT to do that, see 'basket of deplorables' or 'I prefer war heroes who don't get taken prisoner'.

(2) I also liked his 100 day plan. Between Gary Johnson regularly shitting the bed on national TV, and this, it's the reason I voted for him.

(3) "fascists, cucks, libtards, nazis" One of the reasons I view the left as being much worse than the right at the moment is a list like this. You're welcome to disagree, but to me, insults like cuck and libtard are just generic insults. To call someone a fascist or a nazi is to say that they belong in prison, or possibly deserve the death penalty. People who use these terms lightly demonstrate that they have no interest in knowing or learning anything.

(4) I also have the BBC bookmarked, and I also thought they were pretty down the middle, although I have come to see that they are not. They lean left, just in a different way than our domestic media. You'll see it if you keep your eyes open. And honestly, it doesn't offend me that much now that I've become a better consumer of news. Along with the guardian and the dailymail, I appreciate that the UK press will talk about things our media won't.

(5) As another example of why the left is worse than the right, blindly following and supporting everything Trump does may be foolishness, but 'not my president' against a fairly and democratically elected president is beyond foolish, and tends toward seditious.

(6) To list some negatives as others have and dispel with some of the hive-mindedness, I'm not a fan of some of his cabinet appointments - DeVoss, Minuchin, and kind of Sessions. While 85% of what the left says about Sessions is bullshit (see Stephan Molyneux's YT video), his stance on marajuana is awful. First, it should be a state issue. Second, if they insist on making it a federal issue, 56% of Americans want legal pot, so Sessions is very wrong on the subject. To continue with Trump objections, I suspect that he has little to no interest in a balanced budget, or curbing spending. I had counted the 'grab em by the pussy' tape to be a strike against him for about a week, but had a bit of a revelation. I decided to look up polling on women in my age group and ethnicity to see how they tape changed their likely voting habits. I told myself that if there was a big swing - if they thought it was unacceptable and horrible - than I would not vote for Trump. Turns out polling before and after was identical. If the tape didn't offend my peers, I certainly wasn't going to be offended in a futile attempt to white-knight for them.

"
"fascists, cucks, libtards, nazis" One of the reasons I view the left as being much worse than the right at the moment is a list like this. You're welcome to disagree, but to me, insults like cuck and libtard are just generic insults.

Insults are insults. Whether they are generic or specific to political ideals is irrelevant. Both sides are wrong here. Nobody is "more right" because they are using different insults. People that can't have discussions without throwing out insults (on both sides) are either uneducated and can't defend their ideals, or are misled into thinking that if the other side is villianized then they are somehow empowered in their thought process.

I can't get behind this at all. There is no better or worse insults. They are insults and people that use them are not as smart as they think they are. Passionate yes...but not intelligent, critically-thinking people.
"
innervation wrote:
"
Wow this topic is basically /r/The_Donald except the conservatives here don't feel the need to call liberals "cucks" at every sentence turn.

Quite the hive-mind of "everything Donald Trump is doing is RIGHT"...
Spoiler
I would venture to say 80% of the U.S. doesn't 100% agree nor disagree with Trump. I know i'm in that bucket. I also didn't 100% agree with or disagree with Obama.

The biggest problem I've ever had with trump is that he divides people to win. Whether it be for the election or in his current office.

I actually really liked his 100 day plan (expect the whole wall waste of money). Term limits, etc were awesome ideas as were some others.

The far left and far right are equally guilty in the current state of racial and partisan tension. If people (and especially the news) could stop referring to people as fascists, cucks, libtards, nazis... our country could make a huge step forward in bridging the current political and racial divides that are plaguing us right now.

I hate the news. I hate /r/politics left leaning bullshit. I hate /r/The_donald's right leaning bullshit... and every news site/news station that propagates either opinion as fact.

I'm sick of it. I have to go to the BBC to get news about my country because they are the only one that state the facts and let me make my own opinions.

One day the average, middle-american will be accurately represented in government. I don't know when but hopefully one day. As far as i'm concerned, the "MAGA OMG DJT IS AWESOME IN EVERYTHING" is just as bad as the "NOTMYPRESIDENT" idiots.

There is no way to convince the 10% of extreme left people that DJT is good at all. Simply none. They can't be reasoned with. Similarly a LOT of super pro MAGA people cannot be shown examples of Trump's mishaps.

People are targeting the man and not the issues he is attempting to address. If we don't know what he's doing without shitty bias, then everything is a finger pointing game with no accountability.

Seriously you can't tell me that crazy shit like Trump literally walking out of cross-country political meetings is a good thing. You can't tell me that hanging up on the Australian president is a good thing. [EDIT: Fake news again...the call was scheduled for an hour but "abruptly ended at 25 min"] Similarly you can't tell me that Trump doesn't have good intentions with the whole "Wall" thing...I know what he's trying to do and I respect him for it...but it's foolish and the investment does not justify his "feelings".

I'm sick of this hive-mind crap on both sides.

Here's my take on this...

Before the ascendancy of Trump and early during its rise, I would describe myself politically as a Carlinist. George Carlin, that is. If you're confused about what that is, here's a video primer. TL;DR: Both political parties are dog shit, providing only the illusion of choice. Party partisanship as a false flag, a method of social control, allowing the semi-woke to see all the flaws in a thoroughly corrupt politician to rationalize their fanatical defense of a thoroughly corrupt politician. Two choices only: Poison as food and poison as antidote. And it ain't getting fixed.

If I was pressed to describe the hope, what it would take to break this system, here's what I would have said:

1. You'd need one of the rich fuckers who own this country to betray the others. They'd need to have massive independent wealth to fund their campaign, and some understanding of the power structure.

2. This rich fucker would need to be extremely eccentric, if not outright mentally ill. You don't get a seat at the table of the corrupt ruling class and give that up on a pipe dream of actually defeating them unless you possess such incredible stubbornness that most would say you have a screw loose.

3. Our candidate would need to dominate the Internet. The mainstream media is fully owned by corrupt interests and will do nothing but oppose, oppose, oppose; it will no longer be a pretend demonization "choose your poison" but one-sided and with unprecedented brutality. The Internet is the last hope for free speech and, as a bonus, less expensive.

4. Our candidate would need to call out both Republican and Democrat alike as full of shit. Playing nice with them while campaigning will force playing nice after in office.

5. Our candidate would need to run as a Republican. Not saying they'd need to actually be conservative (although that would help maintain the cover); instead, because the GOP is a fucking dinosaur party that is so weak that, if they care about actually winning instead of just being the Washington Generals to the Dem Globetrotters (and they'd need to want to win, for this plan to work), they might be desperate enough to run a candidate who isn't in the back pocket of the corrupt (yet). There's no way the Dems would be that desperate in 2016 or the foreseeable future. Third party? Hahahahaha no.

6. The campaign would need to use propaganda. Sorry, you're not making millions of Americans intelligent analysts with strong critical thinking skills in a single year. You're going to need pedagogues, people who sell ideas on feels. (Turns out Alex Jones is useful.)

7. Last, but not least, would require hubris in the Democratic Party. You'd need them to nominate someone so representative of establishment politics, so obviously corrupt, that an information campaign ran through alternative media could gain significant traction with voters despite being written off by mainstream media as a conspiracy theory at every turn.

So is Trump divisive? Goddamn right he is. But not along those idiot lines of "liberal" and "conservative." That's fake shit.

I should point out I'm still skeptical of Trump. Obviously the political establishment wants to corrupt him and is working overtime to do so — obviously — and although I respect his strategic acumen, the forces arrayed against him are impressive, if he hasn't been compromised already. I'm not afraid or in denial of Trump's profound narcissism, but counting on it — the proud don't kneel — but I'll admit he's not the sanest President ever — as I explain above, he couldn't be. That's worrisome. But it is nevertheless true that 2016 was like a political wet dream for me. Praise KEK.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 12, 2017, 1:31:04 AM
"

"
"fascists, cucks, libtards, nazis" One of the reasons I view the left as being much worse than the right at the moment is a list like this. You're welcome to disagree, but to me, insults like cuck and libtard are just generic insults.

Insults are insults. Whether they are generic or specific to political ideals is irrelevant. Both sides are wrong here. Nobody is "more right" because they are using different insults. People that can't have discussions without throwing out insults (on both sides) are either uneducated and can't defend their ideals, or are misled into thinking that if the other side is villianized then they are somehow empowered in their thought process.

I can't get behind this at all. There is no better or worse insults. They are insults and people that use them are not as smart as they think they are. Passionate yes...but not intelligent, critically-thinking people.

Can only speak for myself, but I only throw "insults" when they are the right denomination and only towards useful idiots.
What do I consider a useful idiot? unfortunately a large chunk of the population.
Am I elevating myself? not at all. This system has worked since forever.

The problem is, that most people are lazy and immature in matters that require some knowledge. People let their guard down and set themselves into a comfort zone, and worse, people dont wanna admit when they are wrong, and in their weakness they are little more than drones working for free.

Some are very much lacking in information or even in intelligence, but all want to open their mouths because topics are so in-vogue. Or rather, made to be in-vogue. What I see is, a large part of media playing people for their weaknesses.

People want simplification, nay, "stupidification" of matters, so they may be involved, so for example in Milo's case, lets not hear anything that the man has to say, who cares for nuance, who cares for intricacies, who cares for why the man is successful. Just call him a racist and you are done, now you can be against the man, and masturbate your poor intellectual form further.

Though the people are to blame, so is the media, its kinda of a continuous cycle where they feed off each other.
The very essence of journalism is factuality, but unfortunately, good journalism doesnt sell.
sensationalism coupled with unbelievable partisan corruption, "comfort zone evaluations" aimed at specific groups, now all of that, do sell.
People are terribly easy to manipulate, because they manipulate themselves.
That's why I dont totally blame the manipulators.
unfortunately, I have something that in winning in life, is but a weight. I have morals and standards, so I wont yet manipulate people.

That is to say, while I have the morals and standards to not manipulate people, I do not have the patience to babysit the mentally deficient. some do, but I dont.
I believe im extremely proficient in reading people (though more cautious online), and unfortunately Im cursed with a good memory and can see people bullshit others (or themselves) rather fast.

Just a small list of things I've seen:
-people who just randomly appear in the thread from time to time just to give a masturbatory "everybody is stupid but me" comment. (worth: zero. at least have an argument to go with it)

-people who are so deep down their bias they dont care how much times they are proven wrong in a specific matter. (worth to themselves, other people time and the discussions: zero)

-people who take suppositions so damn far they strawman whole discussions in their head in order to deceive themselves correct in some situation (worth for discussion and the others time: zero. also this may go up to mentally ill levels)

-people who interpret something wrong and send some indirect insult towards someone (worth: comedy value due to the irony, since those people tend to think they are being very smart, had this happen several times to me, but rather not correct them and see how far they will take it. its pretty hilarious. At least for my part, you wont catch me reporting those)

There are several others, but what I mean is simply that there a lot of people that make themselves not worth anyone time. For such people I do "insult", but I do know im not adding anything. Im shitposting, never pretended otherwise, the difference between me and them is that at least I know that I am shitposting, im not deceiving myself as to be somehow thought-provoking or anything.
Yeah, maybe I shouldnt say anything, but some are so fun to play with, and they've proven themselves unwilling to evolve so its not like I would be doing any favour to them in some long attempt to educate children who dont wish to learn. I'd be just wasting my time.
I dont wish to stop others from doing so, if they think its possible, let them try, but I've unfortunately been proven right too many times.

in a game where we have infinite numbers, the ones who are reluctant to go any further than single digits are but a weight to themselves and the game, a waste of time.
The media wants useful idiots to play a game of checkers, but everybody else on the table is playing mahjong (and some u could say, are playing 4D chess :^))

dont mind me though, im not that much of a player, more of an observer, really.

tl;dr: I shitpost, not because I can, but because I must :P Some people do deserve to be ridiculed.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Feb 3, 2017, 2:28:37 PM
"
Manocean wrote:

It's a combination of:

* mass hysteria, perpetuated by leftist ideologues and media
* systemic marxist bias in colleges/universities
* shitty education (they have degrees, but aren't educated)
* identity politics (fucking white male!!)
* lack of actual problems (easy life for the most part)
* lack of life purpose

Millenials are easy prey for ideological mass hysteria. They are spoiled and bored, with very little or no existential problems. They are overdosed on internet social networks, where they try to find the personal identity they lack.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Why call Leftists stupid? Because PORN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJUPOhO3S8g

"
Antifa conducted a press conference at the National Press Club - (Correction: Press Club security shut down the news conference venue) - a nearby food court - (Correction: food court security shut that down, too) - informally seated at food court table - (until security booted them from that location, too).

Bear in mind that they initially scheduled their presser at the same location they planned to fill with butyric acid on January 20th.

When they showed some supposedly top-secret photo of O'Keefe (which has been on the internet for years), they forgot to hide the porn displayed on the iPad they were using.

You can't make this stuff up.

=^[.]^=

=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Why call Leftists stupid? Because PORN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJUPOhO3S8g

"
Antifa conducted a press conference at the National Press Club - (Correction: Press Club security shut down the news conference venue) - a nearby food court - (Correction: food court security shut that down, too) - informally seated at food court table - (until security booted them from that location, too).

Bear in mind that they initially scheduled their presser at the same location they planned to fill with butyric acid on January 20th.

When they showed some supposedly top-secret photo of O'Keefe (which has been on the internet for years), they forgot to hide the porn displayed on the iPad they were using.

You can't make this stuff up.

=^[.]^=

yup the next 8 years will be very funny to watch xD

on a other note, let's just think about their arguments for a second:

-They always say "not all Muslim are Terrorist" which I agree with, there's about 2.6 millions of Muslim in the USA if they were all terrorist it would be crazy.

But then.... they go on and call everyone who voted for Trump .... a Nazis

Now think about this for a second, how do you think the USA would look like if the 60 millions people who voted for Trump were actually Nazis. That's like more people that actually supported the Nazi party in Germany. This is so stupid on so many level.

How can they even believe that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info