Donald Trump and US politics

"
vio wrote:
well to all those who hate on refugees: let's imagine the unlikely scenario of your country becoming uninhabitable due to an atomar incident and you become a refugee yourself.

If you ever saw any refugees from up close, you know that they are overwhelmingly women and children + some elderly men here and there. Those are the demographics which usually can't or shouldn't hold a weapon and need protection.

Now look at the "refugees" that came to EU in the past two years. Overwhelmingly single men in their prime fighting age (16 - 40). Not to mention that a good portion of those people aren't even from Syria or Iraq, but other ME countries that aren't warzones.

Actual refugees aren't getting the help they deserve, because of idiotic liberal leftist policies. Leftists don't give a damn about syrian refugees, else they wouldn't be spending money on useless (unemployable, uneducated..) economic migrants instead.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jan 31, 2017, 11:29:22 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"
vio wrote:
well to all those who hate on refugees: let's imagine the unlikely scenario of your country becoming uninhabitable due to an atomar incident and you become a refugee yourself.

If you ever saw any refugees from up close, you know that they are overwhelmingly women and children + some elderly men here and there. Those are the demographics which usually can't or shouldn't hold a weapon and need protection.

Now look at the "refugees" that came to EU in the past two years. Overwhelmingly single men in their prime fighting age (16 - 40). Not to mention that a good portion of those people aren't even from Syria or Iraq, but other ME countries that aren't warzones.

Actual refugees aren't getting the help they deserve, because of idiotic liberal leftist policies. Leftists don't give a damn about syrian refugees, else they wouldn't be spending money on useless (unemployable, uneducated..) economic migrants instead.

I agree with Morbo there, most of the refugees are men in their prime.

Reality here is, there is always a middle ground for everything, common sense and debate should always be there. Now if you call everyone a racist and shut down every single debate with your political correctness, there is no conversation, there is no middle ground.

The liberals are creating a toxic environment for the politics, and there will be more and more radicalisation from every side. The only thing you achieve by that is creating a situation where violence will come more and more often.
"
innervation wrote:
The author, at this point, doesn't even seem to politics.

attacking the person instead of his arguments never fails to work.

while i find some of trump's decisions scary, most wrong and some funny, the overal outcome is still "i'm scared":

- the us still owns the world when it comes to military presence and dominance
- previous presidents (especially bush jun) have more or les removed the "checks and balances" that restrict unlimited presidential power
- governmental control over people in america is tighter than in many dictatorships
- many have warned that with all these instruments of governmental power it just needs the wrong guy on top to make living in america a pretty scary thing

to be quite frank: i'm having a hard time not comparing trump's way to power with other historical figures who:
- pretended to fight the establishment while bringing it to absolute power
- used certain groups of people as scapegoats to unite people behind them
- started world wars (well, obama was the first president who had wars throughout his presicency, how can trump top that?)

i'm not a clinton fan either, i saw sanders as the last straw of hope for world peace, someone who said: "to fight refugees let's remove the reasons they become refugees in the first place", a notion i fully support.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
If people hate me, it's probably because I might be just a tad arrogant at times. I try to compensate with modesty, self-irony and understated humor :P
A tad! It's a well established fact that Barses control the global banking cartels and are making us poor to push us towards one-world government. A tad, he says.

Did you even watch the Molyneux video?

Stop it with the barsophobia already, JESUS

The video, no. I'm all-knowing and all-wise and I don't need to watch no video. I've probably sponsored it without even knowing anyway.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jan 31, 2017, 12:03:47 PM
"
morbo wrote:

you have to differ between refugees and immigrants, the first come for temporal security and maybe become immigrants if the situation in their home countries isn't getting any better. the latter are moving mostly for economic reasons.

on your claims that migrants are mostly young men: i'm not wondering. paying those guys who promise to bring you across borders isn't cheap but risky.
i wouldn't like to have my family live in concentration camp like areas either. i would send someone who finds a job, organises the papers and have the family follow by plane later on.

your last point is especially interesting: it's not really the refugees but the help and recognition they get, isn't it?
why don't you attack those (in germany: schröder) who destroyed the social system?
About wars: Obummer got his nobel peace prize immediatelly after he got in office (nice scam set up by the elites, for the salivating idiots pumped up on "hope" - I was one of those idiots). If Trump wont start any additional wars besides being involved in the ones already active, he will do more for peace than Obama ever did.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jan 31, 2017, 12:12:53 PM
"
vio wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
The author, at this point, doesn't even seem to politics.

attacking the person instead of his arguments never fails to work.

Calling out his incompetence at the very thing he's attempting to do is not a character attack. He spent the whole article demonstrating that he lacks the big picture focus necessary to put events into context.

Sanders probably would have been Trudeau Sr. A lot of arm waving and moral lecturing, not enough action.

Meanwhile, while the left are busy chucking their collective tendies at the floor and the walls, Trump quietly calls UAE and the Saudis and gets them to support local refugee camps (a.k.a. safe zones) where it is much more likely that they can succeed in the short term, and return to Syria in the longer term to rebuild and improve the situation.
"
morbo wrote:
About wars: Obummer got his nobel peace prize immediatelly after he got in office (nice scam set up by the elites, for the salivating idiots pumped up on "hope" - I was one of those idiots). If Trump wont start any additional wars besides being involved in the ones already active, he will do more for peace than Obama ever did.

i never believed obama and they kind of ruined the nobel price' reputation with that :)

"
innervation wrote:
Sanders probably would have been Trudeau Sr. A lot of arm waving and moral lecturing, not enough action.

i don't know. maybe?

i fully supported "the left" (spd + green party) when they got to power in germany and it was a disaster: first they started the first war of germany against another country even without a valid UN resolution after the second world war and then single handedly demolished germanys social system by introducing the harz4 system which put an unbelievable downward pressure on wages.

i read some interesting article that claimed, real changes to society can only be initiated by those who are supposed to defend those circumstances.
it's been the way in germany, why not america?

it's just that america as the world's biggest atomar power is the worst object to have experiments whether this theory works...
antee locked his own discussion thread because he couldn't handle people with other opinions
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Jan 31, 2017, 3:32:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf008xA1x1Q

posting my daily tolerant & peaceful liberals protesters thing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info