Donald Trump and US politics

Has he nominated a single cabinet member that wasnt in direct conflict with the agency in which they would lead?

I am completely ashamed to be American.
"
Bars wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

"Possibly Millions of Refugees Turned Away" (assuming millions will apply overnight?)

Wait, is this supposed to be... bad?

How is it good?
"
Deliverme wrote:
Has he nominated a single cabinet member that wasnt in direct conflict with the agency in which they would lead?
Mad Dog Mattis.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Deliverme wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

"Possibly Millions of Refugees Turned Away" (assuming millions will apply overnight?)

Wait, is this supposed to be... bad?

How is it good?

What do you mean, how? Millions of refugees prevented from entering the country, that's how. Great news. If it were true, of course.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
Deliverme wrote:

How is it good?

What do you mean, how? Millions of refugees prevented from entering the country, that's how. Great news. If it were true, of course.

These immigrants have visas...they have a right to enter. Why was this so urgent anyways? Why only non 9/11 countries? Why does Trump have his own private bodyguards? All this is very much a nazi germany 2.0 in the making!

Bannon:

“I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed.
Shocked, I asked him what he meant. “Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Bannon was employing Lenin’s strategy for Tea Party populist goals. He included in that group the Republican and Democratic Parties, as well as the traditional conservative press.

Trump:

“A lot of people live better without having a job, than with having a job. I’ve had it where you have people and you want to hire them, but they can’t take the job for a period of nine months because they’re doing better now than they would with a job.”
“You know what solves it? When the economy crashes, when the country goes to total hell, and everything is a disaster, then you’ll have riots to go back to where we used to be, when we were great.”

Sound good to you?
"
Bars wrote:

Do you read? And by that I mean, do you have more than a visceral reaction to things and actually go in search of your own truth?

The cap has been 70K refugees per year. Each one goes through rigorous vetting.

Why are you afraid of refugees? Why do you want to keep them out exactly?
Last edited by Deliverme on Jan 30, 2017, 1:59:29 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Deliverme wrote:
Mad Dog Mattis.

I should have stated non-military :P

"
sarahaustin wrote:
These immigrants have visas...they have a right to enter. Why was this so urgent anyways? Why only non 9/11 countries?
If you read the executive action AND Obama's, you'd know the answers are 1. to audit the INS vetting process and 2. Trump didn't make the list of high-risk countries, Obama & Co did.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Sound good to you?
I gotta admit, it has a certain allure.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 30, 2017, 2:04:19 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
These immigrants have visas...they have a right to enter. Why was this so urgent anyways? Why only non 9/11 countries?
If you read the executive action AND Obama's, you'd know the answers are 1. to audit the INS vetting process and 2. Trump didn't make the list of high-risk countries, Obama & Co did.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Sound good to you?
I gotta admit, it has a certain allure.

lol "obama and co" made the list. Intelligence agencies always have a "high risk" country list where they focus intelligence efforts. This magic list was not intended to block refugees. The list was also longer than 7 countries, and included the four countries that primarily birthed the 9/11 attackers. None of which are on Trump's list, and all of which Trump has deep financial vestments.

You can audit practices without a "Muslim Ban"

Have you heard Giuliani speak? He is one of your guys right? He says Trump asked him to help create a muslim ban, but to make it legal. Giuliani says that is what they did.
"
Deliverme wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

Do you read? And by that I mean, do you have more than a visceral reaction to things and actually go in search of your own truth?

The cap has been 70K refugees per year. Each one goes through rigorous vetting.

Why are you afraid of refugees? Why do you want to keep them out exactly?

Do you read? I wrote "if it were true".

It's funny how libs always miss the point. Never mind, I'll spell it out for you - and you'll probably miss it again. The liberal media's strategy is absurd. Hillary's election strategy was absurd. If you're wondering how absurd, just look at the clown who got elected as president! How bad do you have to be to lose to TRUMP?!

What was Hilary's campaign slogan? Love trumps hate. How stupid do you have to be to mention your political opponent's name in your own fucking slogan? Jesus Christ just thinking about this triggers me.

Anyway, the same with CNN's coverage. What some genius somewhere thinks is a campaign against Trump, as the genius would be appalled if they read a headline like "Millions of refugees prevented from entering the country", is perceived in entirely different ways by a significant portion of the population.

Now, about refugees, have you actually interacted with or seen any? Because I have a few refugee camps in my country, one of them in my city, and I'm not a US citizen but if I were, and if I saw a headline "Millions of refugees prevented from entering the country", I would think to myself, "Great! Well done!". I won't waste my breath to explain to you why I think not having refugees in the country is a great idea. If you haven't reached the same conclusion from the information you have available, you're a lost cause anyway.

TLDR: What the libs should be doing is thinking long and hard about their mistakes and how they lead them to the current situation instead of continuing with their hysterical and irrational behavior, expecting it to yield different results.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jan 30, 2017, 2:13:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info