An Item Filter for the Discerning Exile | Ancestors Release | Spectre Filter Alpha

"
Felix35071 wrote:
"
DeadManWalkin wrote:
very nice filter. I'm coming from neversinks, and while I never really disliked his, I really started liking yours.

might keep it and stay with it, if you give support in the future :)

only thing I am missing a bit is the sounds when a chance item drops. doesn't need to be a very prominent sound, just something to remind you that something dropped. not too quiet either, though :D

I always felt like adding a sound to a chance drop is a bit too intrusive, especially because the drop itself isn't particularly valuable.

If you want to add it you can add PlayAlertSound 9 200 (9 is a pretty subtle sound so you may even want 300 there). Alternatively, open Filtration and just add the sound to the blocks at the top.

I will think about the sound thanks :)

I have found one kinda bigger issue though... as soon as you run a map with the mod "items drop identified" (I believe it's a sextant), it gets a complete and utter mess, because EVERY blue item is displayed. looks like this on your average breach: http://i.imgur.com/sUNc0Ga.jpg

is there a filtration option to prevent this or is this a general "bug/issue" with the filter itself?

edit: nvmd, I think it is the "warbands" toggle for that matter.
Last edited by xebtria on Feb 10, 2017, 3:19:54 PM
"
DeadManWalkin wrote:
"
Felix35071 wrote:
"
DeadManWalkin wrote:
very nice filter. I'm coming from neversinks, and while I never really disliked his, I really started liking yours.

might keep it and stay with it, if you give support in the future :)

only thing I am missing a bit is the sounds when a chance item drops. doesn't need to be a very prominent sound, just something to remind you that something dropped. not too quiet either, though :D

I always felt like adding a sound to a chance drop is a bit too intrusive, especially because the drop itself isn't particularly valuable.

If you want to add it you can add PlayAlertSound 9 200 (9 is a pretty subtle sound so you may even want 300 there). Alternatively, open Filtration and just add the sound to the blocks at the top.

I will think about the sound thanks :)

I have found one kinda bigger issue though... as soon as you run a map with the mod "items drop identified" (I believe it's a sextant), it gets a complete and utter mess, because EVERY blue item is displayed. looks like this on your average breach: http://i.imgur.com/sUNc0Ga.jpg

is there a filtration option to prevent this or is this a general "bug/issue" with the filter itself?

edit: nvmd, I think it is the "warbands" toggle for that matter.

Yeah that happens in quite a few filters, just have the Warbands toggles set to off, which you found on your own. :)

Edit: It's important to note that because the items are identified the filter will not highlight top tier bases, so to prevent them from catching you'd have to disable the blocks (the little power icon on each block) to filter properly.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Feb 10, 2017, 5:31:24 PM
I have another questions though.

I have disabled outdated maps and chromatic recipes. why do I keep getting the sounds for them? they are not displayed, but the sound is still coming .... :o
"
DeadManWalkin wrote:
I have another questions though.

I have disabled outdated maps and chromatic recipes. why do I keep getting the sounds for them? they are not displayed, but the sound is still coming .... :o

Hidden items are still filtered according to the other rules, so you would need to remove the PlayAlertSound line from those items (or set the volume number to 0, which is what I'd recommend in case you want them to make the sound again on another character). You can do this in Filtration by clicking on the preview image of the block and just setting the volume to 0 for PlayAlertSound.
Ok I found the sound for the chrome recipes. but I was confused about why the maps make a sound when they don't even have a sound associated to it in the filter ...

apparently maps have their own built-in sound you can't change :o
since you were asking about that and you wrote "if you see this then I screwed up"...:

normal, area level 4. if you're interested to "fix" that :)
"
DeadManWalkin wrote:
since you were asking about that and you wrote "if you see this then I screwed up"...:

normal, area level 4. if you're interested to "fix" that :)

Yeah I put off fixing that until this update. Imprints (from Eternal Orbs) also highlighted wrong. :P

New update! We're now ready for Legacy league! The index has been re-implemented (hopefully permanently this time), auto-update for Filterblast has been implemented, some bug fixes, and more. :)

As always, if you try the filter please provide feedback.
Another small update to account for changes to uniques (expect more small updates for reordered tiers and proper economic reflection).
Minor update. Mostly bumping to bring attention to the new example images. :)
Another minor update, this time with a focus on leveling progression.

Please give the filter a try, and let me know if anything needs changing. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info