An Item Filter for the Discerning Exile | Ancestors Release | Spectre Filter Alpha

Nice to hear things are progressing :)

I am now at the point in maps (T8+) that I want to customize the filter a little bit on FilterBlast. My first time using the 'Equipment' tab - which is excellent BTW! I like the checkboxes for easy editing :)

One minor thing about the tab: all the armours are grouped together based on AR/EV/ES/hybrid and within that group only by type (like Body Armour, Shield, Gloves). I kinda wish that could be split by base type as well (like 'Vaal Regalia', 'Mirrored Spiked Shield', etc) but that might be too complex/not worth it because of too many options?

On the 'Misc.' and 'Maps' tabs: is it possible to make 'UtilityFlaskChoice' and 'AtlasChoices' also checkboxes instead of an editable textbox? Prevents typo's and such ;)
"
superdreddie wrote:
Nice to hear things are progressing :)

I am now at the point in maps (T8+) that I want to customize the filter a little bit on FilterBlast. My first time using the 'Equipment' tab - which is excellent BTW! I like the checkboxes for easy editing :)

One minor thing about the tab: all the armours are grouped together based on AR/EV/ES/hybrid and within that group only by type (like Body Armour, Shield, Gloves). I kinda wish that could be split by base type as well (like 'Vaal Regalia', 'Mirrored Spiked Shield', etc) but that might be too complex/not worth it because of too many options?

On the 'Misc.' and 'Maps' tabs: is it possible to make 'UtilityFlaskChoice' and 'AtlasChoices' also checkboxes instead of an editable textbox? Prevents typo's and such ;)

Hah glad to hear it's good to T8 at least before customizing, what's the reason for the switch? Obviously too many drops, but which ones are too cluttering?

Also just be aware the Filterblast interface isn't fully tested, Equipment should work though unless I've broken something further down the line but double check hidden loot for a while at least and see if it's missed anything. It's really encouraging though to hear the interface is understandable this time around lol.

The top bases in each item class should be shown in the endgame as long as you turned on that grouping, and obsolete base types should fall off correctly even when using the build filtering, but if you want a specific BaseType to be treated as an endgame base you can remove it from the obsoleting section. In Filterblast, check the advanced box and click on the left panel (the input), then Ctrl+F "remove a basetype" and just take your desired BaseType off the block that determines it as Obsolete.

But Vaal Regalia and Mirrored Spiked Shield are already endgame bases, so I'm curious which bases you're trying to pinpoint that it hides otherwise with your settings?

I've made Flask and Atlas choices into checkboxes for an update. There are a couple downsides to checkboxes but this is a suitable use, they're less performant and you can't use custom entries (ex. can no longer tell AtlasChoices that a Bone Ring is a high priority item base for a minion build) but given the other customization that'll be possible elsewhere.

Thanks for your consistent feedback, I really appreciate it!
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Apr 24, 2023, 12:56:53 PM
Hotfix

Default: https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/jLnNq2iJ
Ruthless: https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Vprx0qFM

PS https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/dNYydAsx
PS+Ruthless https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/kkgNN3tN

Xbox https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/J4mDMziX
Xbox+Ruthless https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/QYezz3tZ

- Fixed unremarkable gems not hiding in maps
- Uniques downsize with Undesirable modifier instead of Obsolete modifier when AreaLevel outpaces their BaseType, so they're still smaller but not as affected as lower rarities.
- Made some internal changes in Filterblast UX
- Misc tweaks
Last edited by Felix35071 on Apr 24, 2023, 1:50:15 PM
"
Felix35071 wrote:

Hah glad to hear it's good to T8 at least before customizing, what's the reason for the switch? Obviously too many drops, but which ones are too cluttering?

It was more 'not using pure Evasion gear but still seeing them' and similar things with weapons. During leveling it is not an issue for me - because fewer drops -, but in higher maps I prefer to switch to something that is more tailored to my build and planned gear.
This of course greatly depends on the build I am playing ;) For example, currently I am not doing a minion build, so things like Bone Ring, Convoking / Convening Wands etc are not really relevant for me atm.

"
Felix35071 wrote:

Also just be aware the Filterblast interface isn't fully tested, Equipment should work though unless I've broken something further down the line but double check hidden loot for a while at least and see if it's missed anything. It's really encouraging though to hear the interface is understandable this time around lol.

The top bases in each item class should be shown in the endgame as long as you turned on that grouping, and obsolete base types should fall off correctly even when using the build filtering, but if you want a specific BaseType to be treated as an endgame base you can remove it from the obsoleting section. In Filterblast, check the advanced box and click on the left panel (the input), then Ctrl+F "remove a basetype" and just take your desired BaseType off the block that determines it as Obsolete.

Hmmm... I can try that to see if I can get certain 'earlier' Wands to still show up, because the endgame Wands have a too high Int requirement for my character.

"
Felix35071 wrote:

But Vaal Regalia and Mirrored Spiked Shield are already endgame bases, so I'm curious which bases you're trying to pinpoint that it hides otherwise with your settings?

Oh dear! That just shows I don't know much about endgame PoE :D I just saw a bunch of dropped shields that I am not going to use so I was thinking I could disable all of those shields, not realizing the specific shield I want is already considered an endgame base! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"
Felix35071 wrote:

I've made Flask and Atlas choices into checkboxes for an update. There are a couple downsides to checkboxes but this is a suitable use, they're less performant and you can't use custom entries (ex. can no longer tell AtlasChoices that a Bone Ring is a high priority item base for a minion build) but given the other customization that'll be possible elsewhere.

Thanks for your consistent feedback, I really appreciate it!

I'll give it a try, cheers!
Well, something seems off in the Filterblast interface (or I'm doing something wrong. It's very likely I'm doing something wrong :p).

I am still seeing items that are unchecked or NOT seeing items that are checked (both in-game and in the Filterblast preview).

In the Maps tab it is possible to select which atlas bases you'd want to see, but not all of the types seem to work:
- Boots: working
- Gloves: working
- Helmet: working
- Amulets: working
- Belt: working
- Rings: NOT working (unchecking Iolite Ring still shows it)
- Wand: NOT working (unchecking Convoking Wand still shows it)

In the Equipment tab, it seems the 'Accessories' section is pretty wonky, but I problably don't know/realize how it's supposed to work:
- Rings: unchecking Bone Ring still shows it
- Amulets: unchecking Turqoise Amulet still shows it
- Belts: checking Cloth Belt still hides it

For Equipment accessoires, I *think* it might have something to do with the Hiding tab and the Accessoires Falloff? In my mind I was thinking the Equipment tab would somehow override the Hiding tab - meaning when I configure it to give 'my build'-items extra visibility I was excepting it to always show the item (when at or above the rarity threshold) regardless of item level.

Things might also have to do with the area level? I'm not yet in Red maps...

This stuff gets confusing quickly, which is why I never tried making my own filter from scratch :p There seems to always be some exceptions to a rule, and for me it would devolve into individual filters for every build + PoE league combination... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
superdreddie wrote:
Well, something seems off in the Filterblast interface (or I'm doing something wrong. It's very likely I'm doing something wrong :p).

I am still seeing items that are unchecked or NOT seeing items that are checked (both in-game and in the Filterblast preview).

So you see why the UI isn't public facing at the moment bahaha

I'd need to do some diagnostics but I'm not really working in that area atm so it might be a bit before the interface works 100%. There are probably conflicts with the Safety Net (Lower the High Safety Net and Stricter Bases will start Hiding unlinked Rares even if up to date) and Mid/High (82/100) Accessories Falloff if I had to guess.

Also just checking, you have Offbuild items Hiding right? Top tier bases will still show if that is disabled (Convoking Wand is the top base from Calling and Convening which are obsoleted, while also being an Atlas base). Alternatively, was the Convoking Wand a 3L by any chance? It might show anyway if it's fully linked.

And BaseType hunting is going to be a more specific feature later on. Currently Equipment overriding Hiding would just show a bunch of obsolete items within your selections, which doesn't seem productive.

Yeah item filters are at least as complex as the rest of the game lol, while also requiring knowledge of the game to avoid false negatives (Hiding desirable items).
Yeah, I'm hiding offbuild, and have everything else on equipment to Show for extra visibility. I just mention my findings because sometimes a fix is very simple (but most of the time it is not :p) ...

But don't worry too much about it! I'll just use the default/unmodified version instead :)
Item filter information is available so we're all set for a baseline update when the league launches, changes were fairly minimal.

I'd like to have good news about progress with the filter at large but I didn't have much opportunity to work on it, as life has been messy lately and rather somber these last weeks especially. Likewise, I wanted to go harder on challenges but after getting a handful of chars to maps other duties needed attention. In brighter news I did a full wipe and reinstallation of windows so now my PC is a sparkly clean work environment.

The PoE 2 news, especially the beta date, actually was quite a relief as there's a lot to consider when working with two (or three with mobile) different games with their own nuances for itemization.

Anyway, the plan is to dig deeper into the game this league to make up for lost time, and hopefully build out endgame filtering.
Really appreciate the efforts you put in to maintaining the filters. Can't wait to start playing on console next week :D
Alright I've updated Spectre and Spectre Ruthless available here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Felix35071/item-filters

If you're subscribed already there are no changes needed.

Still no Filterblast link atm, I believe there are circumstances on either end in the way, mostly I haven't established a repository for the new filter and don't want to use the one from Spirit.

I haven't had a chance to validate the changes so if there are errors or glaring visuals I'll fix those shortly. I have NOT tiered Tattoos or Omens, and I haven't retiered anything currently, only the strictly necessary changes like to Gem Class syntax and the league additions (and returning Sanctum). I just haven't had much PC time the last months so things are slower than usual. That said, I'm excited to get back into it!

Hoping to get a solid session in today, good luck everyone!
Last edited by Felix35071 on Aug 18, 2023, 12:54:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info