An Item Filter for the Discerning Exile | Ancestors Release | Spectre Filter Alpha

Another update today, this one a bit more substantial. Here's the post from the github release:

This release (and the previous minor updates) should provide a much better experience for racers.

Basically, I've added a new set of toggles called "Progression" which is broken up into Weapons/Armour, and their constituent bits, to allow for fine tuning leveling highlights in an intuitive way.

You can toggle to hide any armours with ES, and any non-bow weapons, for an IR Shrapnel Shot Duelist (for example). This deals with the normal and magic rarities, but to minimize extraneous toggles I've decided not to put filters based on specific rarities or iLvl (it instead uses a logical combination of these and toggleable criteria).

You also cannot toggle off rare versions of bases, because that gets messy very easily and normal players tend to pick up most rares anyway early on (and the filter already highlights rares by the likelihood that they're suitable, so it's not really a loss)... plus racers know what they're looking for. If it's highly requested, I'll add it later in a way that makes sense to me and doesn't compromise the other toggles.

I also took care to set the defaults to display identically to how the leveling does now (for specific bases, anyway), so if you're someone not planning on tweaking your progression toggles you don't need to worry about it.

If you find any issues, let me know!
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Jul 2, 2017, 11:37:34 PM
Spirit is up to date for 3.0!

This release includes changes made by Harbinger League, a few refinements (Chayula Splinters/Stones, Jewels, and Shaped Maps look distinct from each other now) and leveling improvements.

If you give it a try let me know!
New release in anticipation of the upcoming expansion. Note that the filter will not work until the patch is out, so if you want to check out the filter ahead of then look at the filterblast link or download a previous version from github.

I'm also looking forward to and appreciate any and all feedback. Enjoy the expansion!
I was trying out your filter recently, enjoyed it quite a lot, liked how easily it is customizable with Filtration.
Going to use it for Abyss. Keep up the good work!

Edit: Hm, for some reason I can't customize the filter with new version of Filtration, the list of toggles on the right is empty. Using Filterblast for now, works well for me.
Last edited by Auxilant on Dec 9, 2017, 12:48:37 PM
"
Auxilant wrote:
I was trying out your filter recently, enjoyed it quite a lot, liked how easily it is customizable with Filtration.
Going to use it for Abyss. Keep up the good work!

Edit: Hm, for some reason I can't customize the filter with new version of Filtration, the list of toggles on the right is empty. Using Filterblast for now, works well for me.

Glad you like it, let me know if there's anything that needs working on. :)

I'll be updating it shortly, fixing the new block management (the update just needs a single line added to re-enable block toggles, but goofed up my sections slightly). Also updating chance bases and unique tiers for some new items.

Edit: Updated!
Last edited by Felix35071 on Dec 9, 2017, 3:23:17 PM
This thread isn't getting much attention so I just want to drop in and let you know that I love this filter to death. None of the other filters really scratched my itch, but this one is perfect.

Thanks for the great filter. Keep up the great work.
"
AéthylliA wrote:
This thread isn't getting much attention so I just want to drop in and let you know that I love this filter to death. None of the other filters really scratched my itch, but this one is perfect.

Thanks for the great filter. Keep up the great work.

<3

Thanks a ton for the bump, I'm glad you like the filter! It's always motivating to see my users pop out of the woodwork. :)
Last edited by Felix35071 on Jan 14, 2018, 1:06:09 PM
Hey there! At the end of Abyss League i've found your filter and i'm using it now, was using neversink before.

I'm really enjoying what you've done! Looking forward to use it in Bestiary League!

Keep up the good work!!! Cheers!
Glad to get another convert ha. I'll be sure to update when we get the info, as always.

Any input on what could be better?
I want to show my appreciation to Felix, this is my favorite filter and I look forward to using it in Bestiary.

Thanks for a great filter!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info