It's Not Your Money

"
crystalwitch wrote:
"
Shop > Buy Packs
We're proud to announce the Breach Supporter Packs! There are two packs available that help you celebrate the release of the Breach challenge league with Cloaks and other exclusive effects!

We'll be running them alongside the Atlas Supporter Packs for the rest of their duration.

Nothing in there about keeping Path of Exile exclusive to PC.

"
Shop > Buy PacksThe sales of Supporter Packs so far have funded a significant portion of Path of Exile's development. Thanks to your generous contributions, we were able to pay for the content and server costs of Path of Exile and several expansions. Over fourteen million gamers have enjoyed Path of Exile and many have supported us by purchasing supporter packs and microtransactions. This support is greatly appreciated. It covers not only our day-to-day development costs but also the development of future expansions.[/url]

Same thing here.
Of course, depending on your definition of 'development' and 'expansion' this could refer to development of the expansion into X-Box. The X-pansion, if you will.

Regardless, there's nothing there about keeping it PC only.

But going forward, now we KNOW supporter money isn't exclusive for the PC.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
crystalwitch wrote:
"
Shop > Buy Packs
We're proud to announce the Breach Supporter Packs! There are two packs available that help you celebrate the release of the Breach challenge league with Cloaks and other exclusive effects!

We'll be running them alongside the Atlas Supporter Packs for the rest of their duration.

Nothing in there about keeping Path of Exile exclusive to PC.

"
Shop > Buy PacksThe sales of Supporter Packs so far have funded a significant portion of Path of Exile's development. Thanks to your generous contributions, we were able to pay for the content and server costs of Path of Exile and several expansions. Over fourteen million gamers have enjoyed Path of Exile and many have supported us by purchasing supporter packs and microtransactions. This support is greatly appreciated. It covers not only our day-to-day development costs but also the development of future expansions.[/url]

Same thing here.
Of course, depending on your definition of 'development' and 'expansion' this could refer to development of the expansion into X-Box. The X-pansion, if you will.

Regardless, there's nothing there about keeping it PC only.

And when xbox players support its not just for their version either.
"
Telzen wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:

And when xbox players support its not just for their version either.

Those poor guys have to pay MS a monthly fee just to play PoE. If they let their XBL sub lapse, now they can't play PoE anymore. Would definitely make me think twice about spending money on MTX on top of it.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Actually, with a chargeback to the bank, it becomes our money again. So faulty logic, OP.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
I keep seeing people hilariously say that GGG is spending 'their money' on some form of update they're unhappy with.

Unless you're a communist, in which case this concept is hard to grasp, it shouldn't be difficult to know that once you transfer money to someone else, it is no longer yours. Maaybe if you're Ruler of Wraeclast you get some say somewhere but how many of you are there?

Now of course I would never lessen my experience of this game by playing it on a scrub system like the Xbox one, but there are those types of scrubs out there and I'm sure it'll be pretty successful. So what will probably happen is GGG's funding goes up, even if your list of supporter titles doesn't, and they keep doing what they want. When it comes to GGG, that's all I ask for. Developers that cater get on my nerves

absolutely right sir. we paid for mtx and the game as it was. but dont go so hard on these console dudes ^^ im sure some of em will come to pc as well :)
"
Nssheepster wrote:
It was your money though. You donated because you were told one thing, and now you find it's another entirely. It's not our money anymore, nor do we have any say in where it goes...But we SHOULD have had a say in donating that money, an HONEST say. Instead, GGG hid the fact that they've been planning a console port, and we donated not knowing that our money was going somewhere we wouldn't have wanted it to.

Are you serious? I don't even...

If you feel that you "SHOULD" have had a say, why did you donate? Blindly? And no matter if they made an Xbox version or not, you still DID NOT KNOW what your money were being spent on. You never did. You never will. You never supported PoE. You supported GGG. And no matter how you define the word "supported", you bought something. You got something in return for buying it. It's called a transaction. A trade, if you want.

You have the right to be disappointed. You have the right to say so in the forums. But to use your money as an excuse? Stop it. Please.

What if they decided to make a Mac client? Or a Linux client? Would you speak as loudly? Just face it, if you supported GGG (again, blindly) in HOPES of them using YOUR money on what YOU wanted, you were naive. You supported THEIR project.

And tel me, dear sir, with providing some kind of link or quote, what were you "told" when you "donated"?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jan 21, 2017, 8:02:43 AM
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Actually, with a chargeback to the bank, it becomes our money again. So faulty logic, OP.

No the money belongs to the bank and you have only the permission to access this money.

Please educate yourself how the FIAT money system works. Ty.
Selffound FTW!!!!
Last edited by Mordad on Jan 21, 2017, 8:29:18 AM
"
Mordad wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:

No the money belongs to the bank and you have only the permission to access this money.

Low energy troll attempt. Don't we have the worst trolls, people? Yes we do. The absolute worst.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
Mordad wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:

Low energy troll attempt. Don't we have the worst trolls, people? Yes we do. The absolute worst.

Is that so, do you even know what FIAT money is? I guess no. Keep on living in your bubble where money is your property.(lmao)
Selffound FTW!!!!
"
Nssheepster wrote:
It was your money though. You donated because you were told one thing, and now you find it's another entirely.

This line only makes sense if there wasn't 3-4 years of updates, expansions, new skills, new uniques etc prior to this announcement

"
Why are you trying to start shit? So fucking unnecessary.

When I_NO is the voice of reason, you know everyone else has gone mental.
Last edited by Ratedetar on Jan 21, 2017, 9:32:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info