It's Not Your Money

How are some of you still not grasping that performance/tech improvements we have gotten are directly related to console development. The money you "donated" (LOL DONATED) that went to the console development DID have an effect, a positive one, on PC... If for some reason you don't believe this, you are an idiot.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
How are some of you still not grasping that performance/tech improvements we have gotten are directly related to console development. The money you "donated" (LOL DONATED) that went to the console development DID have an effect, a positive one, on PC... If for some reason you don't believe this, you are an idiot.

But it did not affect the changes THEY wanted it to affect. Maybe they had a GG PC, didn't care at all for performance improvements? They wanted a freakin' "reclaim all MTX button", and feels so entitled as to say that "THEIR" money got spent on the WRONG things?

They will keep rationalize their money spent to the end of days. They don't care about the possible thousands of new players, paying costumers and a growing game. They care about the narrow, small things that they deem important.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
For my money I want the GGG office toilets to be shiny clean for 1 week. Would feel uneasy otherwise.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
I keep seeing people hilariously say that GGG is spending 'their money' on some form of update they're unhappy with.

Unless you're a communist, in which case this concept is hard to grasp, it shouldn't be difficult to know that once you transfer money to someone else, it is no longer yours. Maaybe if you're Ruler of Wraeclast you get some say somewhere but how many of you are there?

Now of course I would never lessen my experience of this game by playing it on a scrub system like the Xbox one, but there are those types of scrubs out there and I'm sure it'll be pretty successful. So what will probably happen is GGG's funding goes up, even if your list of supporter titles doesn't, and they keep doing what they want. When it comes to GGG, that's all I ask for. Developers that cater get on my nerves

I purchased numerous premium stash tab packs , i did so because GGG is an indy studio and i want to support them and have the PC version of this game get better. i dont think its my money but i will no longer support them financially since i know they are using the money to make the game for consoles. Chris said as much in the interview , that numerous league mechanics were based around the idea of moving to consoles , much of the recent dumbing down of the game is so that it works better on consoles with fewer buttons etc.

They can do what they want with the money but likewise now that we know its for console development we can and many will not support them since we did so primarily to see the PC version of the game improved.
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Of course you can put it like that... but performance improvements are not bound to the development of the xbox version. They could have worked (and should have) on them totally without also working on a port.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Artaniz wrote:

I purchased numerous premium stash tab packs , i did so because GGG is an indy studio and i want to support them and have the PC version of this game get better.

And someone else can say that they purchased things because they wanted a "reclaim MTX button". Or the supported because they wanted a new class. Or a Linux client. Or a Mac client. The bottom line is, you supported GGG to do what they saw fit. You supported their salaries. Their food. Their freakin' kids education. You NEVER knew what YOUR money got spent on. You can only HOPE.

"I supported because I wanted..." is a stupid start of a sentence.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

Of course you can put it like that... but performance improvements are not bound to the development of the xbox version. They could have worked (and should have) on them totally without also working on a port.

But this "what if"-mentality has no productivity. We do not know what would've happened if they, in 2015, didn't start playing with the idea of an Xbox version. We can only speculate.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Artaniz wrote:

I purchased numerous premium stash tab packs , i did so because GGG is an indy studio and i want to support them and have the PC version of this game get better.

And someone else can say that they purchased things because they wanted a ... Linux client.

This would be me.:D

It would still be a PC. It would also be more expensive (I guess, because things would have to be ported to OpenGL instead from DX9 to DX11, which is probably easier - but I'm only guessing here). However, I never assumed they would work on a Linux client, more probably OSX (would also need porting to OpenGL and they could just throw the Linux client in).
From what I read, most people are not upset because of the port, but because it's a console port and there are fears (justified or not, I cannot judge) that this will negatively impact the PC version (or already has, if you take into account those who say they didn't like the direction PoE went for quite some time which happens to coincide with the start of developing for the xbone).
Bird lover of Wraeclast
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Artaniz wrote:

And someone else can say that they purchased things because they wanted a "reclaim MTX button". Or the supported because they wanted a new class. Or a Linux client. Or a Mac client. The bottom line is, you supported GGG to do what they saw fit. You supported their salaries. Their food. Their freakin' kids education. You NEVER knew what YOUR money got spent on. You can only HOPE.

"I supported because I wanted..." is a stupid start of a sentence.

I supported thinking this was a PC game and funds would go to developing on the PC , thats different than expecting some specific part of the game to be worked on for my dollars. If you cant understand that distinction its you not me who has the problem.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

But this "what if"-mentality has no productivity. We do not know what would've happened if they, in 2015, didn't start playing with the idea of an Xbox version. We can only speculate.

I don't follow.
Reads to me like you're saying that it is unlikely they could have worked on improvements and a switch to DX11 if they weren't also working on the xbox port.
Since this can't actually be the case, I'm sure I don't understand what you actually wanted to say.
Bird lover of Wraeclast

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info