It's Not Your Money

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

I don't follow.
Reads to me like you're saying that it is unlikely they could have worked on improvements and a switch to DX11 if they weren't also working on the xbox port.
Since this can't actually be the case, I'm sure I don't understand what you actually wanted to say.

I'm just saying this "alternate dimension" of PoE not going to consoles is impossible know anything about. Would PoE be a better game today? Would we have an in-game trade function? A "reclaim all MTX"-button? Better balance? Whatever? We don't know. It's impossible to know. So using "what could have been" as an argument, is just a waste of time.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Of course we can't know. But since there are other game studios who optimized their code, made improvements to the game and released new content without also porting to xbone, we can infer that GGG could have done the same.
Moreover there seem to be many examples of console ports that had a negative impact on the PC version.
So, granted, we can't know, but we can make a Bayesian inference as to what is likely.
And from that it's highly unlikely that performance boosts (sadly, I haven't really noticed them that much), lockstep and other things would NOT have come without the xbox port.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
" Please support us to improve the game". ( Sentence appearing since a lot of time in official announcement )

That's why i invested in MTX and supporter packs ( hided forever ). Because at some point it was the case GGG was honouring this.
At the second they decided this console port in 2014 they sent a big slap in userbase face. Not saying everybody would have stopped to support GGG but clearly it would have been different if players knew their money wouldn't be used in priority to actualy improve the game.

I would have been told that i was donating / buying MTX encouraging GGG with MY MONEY to create another product wich is technically what it is.
Different plateform. Different game. And the long time requested improvements are not going to happen anytime soon on PC except for performances wich is nice but at some point this argue is used as an " excuse for everything " now-a-days.

Translations ( wich is still one of the top 5 nogo reasons for new players ) ? MTX tab ? Trading ? Balance and testing ( missing a more structurate method or some more employees on this side clearly ) ? Custom leagues ? Racing ? Guilds ? General UI improvements ? Don't need to put more example in it would require a entire day.

In short: I donated for one product wich was clearly the product you asked me to donate for ( path of exile is a PC games and blahblahblah ) i never give any agreement or saw anywhere any statement on funding a Console port wich is a DIFFERENT product.
Let's be fair i don't want to be refunded my playtime and MTX i got in exchange already did that but i'm missing the day transparency was a thing instead of crappy business moves.

I won't go against players that quite understand the situation and how lot of supporters react regarding this, in fact this console port is not the end of the world it can be a good success or an epic fail who knows but in all cases it change nothing on how things has been done. That's a matter of trust nothing more.

Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jan 21, 2017, 3:40:10 PM
"
Druga1757 wrote:
I've got several $1,000 here, burning a hole in my pocket, that most DEFINITELY is my money.

What to spend it on, hmmm....

The same things that you would have before this was announced. Not PoE.

Quit acting like you matter.
"
Thragdar wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
I've got several $1,000 here, burning a hole in my pocket, that most DEFINITELY is my money.

The same things that you would have before this was announced. Not PoE.

Quit acting like you matter.

Matter enough for you to respond. thanks for your attention ;)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Druga1757 wrote:

I already said nobody cares what you spend it on
"
Nssheepster wrote:
It was your money though. You donated because you were told one thing, and now you find it's another entirely.

Is there a link to them saying that every red cent the players give them will only ever be used for Path of Exile on PC? Because if they didn't say that then I don't get your argument.
Standard Forever
"
Necromael wrote:
For my money I want the GGG office toilets to be shiny clean for 1 week. Would feel uneasy otherwise.

lol
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:
It was your money though. You donated because you were told one thing, and now you find it's another entirely.

Is there a link to them saying that every red cent the players give them will only ever be used for Path of Exile on PC? Because if they didn't say that then I don't get your argument.

To support THE GAME. The game is a PC GAME. If you put it on Console, it is a DIFFERENT game, even if you call it the same.

We've already seen one Console specific variance...One less flask. How many more do you think will crop up? Shall we start taking bets?

This Console version is NOT the same game I supported.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:

To support THE GAME. The game is a PC GAME. If you put it on Console, it is a DIFFERENT game, even if you call it the same.

We've already seen one Console specific variance...One less flask. How many more do you think will crop up? Shall we start taking bets?

This Console version is NOT the same game I supported.

So tell me how this console version affects pc game with a totally different developer team?

Tell me would you ask money back if your favourite food restaurant made a side business of selling toys?

You paid for what you got.

Console is not the same pc game, that is why it will have its own supporters from console market, what is the problem with that?

Everything that was promised, we got it in timely manner. I don't understand this entitlement, same way as I don't understand people in mental institutions.
Spreading salt since 2006

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info