Path of Exile is Coming to Xbox One!

Happy for GGG but sad for PoE.

Presuming consoles are now the limiting factor on all development.
We tested it extensively
i do not support this

i want my money back
"
Night_Zero wrote:
i do not support this

i want my money back

Too bad. You made purchases and received goods for your money.

Do you expect a restaurant to give you your money back if they add a dish you don't like to the menu? No? Then why does anyone expect it here?
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Icholas wrote:
Happy for GGG but sad for PoE.

Presuming consoles are now the limiting factor on all development.

Assuming facts not in evidence.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Not really. The game is "Free to Play" as advertised. Anyone can download and play the game at no cost. It is not so free if you want to get the most out of your experience and enjoy it to its fullest, but those decisions can be made after you have played the game and developed an opinion about it. After playing for free, I choose to pay for enhancements to my experience.

(...)

As a privately held company they still might have shareholders who have contributed capital for any number of development efforts. Unless the company has made statements about their funding sources, you are wrong to assume that their income only comes from players. How they meet those expenses is not connecrted to their marketing which is tied to "Free to Play".

Now that was "Well said!". ;-)

So from what I see above, we all agree that the Game is not FREE. (I still hope you know what is GNU for example)

"
cipher_nemo wrote:

you are wrong to assume that their income only comes from players

Deadly wrong, profit solely comes from players who buy stuff, all other incomes are just third party investments that are expecting on a bigger profit from these same players' purchases.

And at the end when the profit does not meet the expectations funny things start to happen. You will see soon enough :)
^ you got your quotes wrong, I didn't say that.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
That announcement convinced me to change my PS4 for Xbox One.

One question - any news (or can I get info from the staff) about local cooperation on Xbox? Would be cool to play with my wife in front of our TV together. D3 did it, I hope PoE will do as well. As long as the game is on the same screen, console doesn't need additional performance to being able to play that.

Also, I laughed at all about all of those PC-Master-Race gamers, really. I know PLENTY of people who own console to play just as many of you own a PC. They just don't wanna pay too much for possibility to play new games, prefer playing on couch without connecting PC to their TVs or simply like consoles. I do and I play on both PC and console. However, my PC is not capable of running new games, so I bought a console. Another thing I like is playing together with someone on one console.

Other thing is that this is not consoles issue that games are getting simplified. The reason is that is the direction of current games. Really, difficulty is not based on the hardware and controller... Especially if aRPGS, such as PoE, can be played easily with a controller.

I suggest to stop complaining and judging people by what hardware they own.
Last edited by dan14nr on Jan 19, 2017, 4:35:59 PM
Well this is one way to get most of your player base outraged. I wish they were transparent on where they spend the money we invested with supporter packs or make specific supporter packs (Xbox pack, rework spectres pack...), since they were working on this for a really long time, some one said around the time forsaken masters came out. Either way I am not spending another cent on this game until I see improvements in balances and the power creap I mean the act bosses don't even gear check any more and most can be facerolled with minimal gear/effort making the core game a chore rather then fun. At this point GGG may as well just sell toons that are lvled enough to do maps since the other portion of the game is not even interesting.
Last edited by bob2006 on Jan 19, 2017, 4:38:41 PM
LOL. RIP Alt-F4 hardcore players!
There are only four rules you need to remember: Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, Throw away the plan. Follow my lead and you’ll be fine.
Calm down everyone, way too much salt. Its just expanding the player base. As long as the PC version is the primary focus we'll be ok. I have no idea how targeting or trade is going to work, and gem swapping would be difficult but that won't be my problem since PC is still more functional. It will be interesting, but I'm not buying an xbone just to buy a tweaked version of a game I already have 4000 hours in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info