Path of Exile is Coming to Xbox One!

So if I want to play with gamepad I have to create a new account and therefore losing all progress and microtransactions? FUCK NO!
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Khavali wrote:
What a fucking train wreck of an idea. I used to have faith in GGG to take this game in a positive direction. Now I'm pretty sure there's a crack pipe epidemic in the office. It's been a good run PoE, but your creators are trying to kill your spirit for the sake of a bank roll.

"spirit"? Since when does the spirit of the game have anything to do with what platform it's being expanded towards when development on that platform is a different team with a different version of the game. The PC version goes on, independent of the XBox One version. And the PC version even benefited from performance improvements. Anything else is FUD and speculation by begrudged critics.

Exactly. Having PoE on XBox One or any other console is a boon to us PC gamers. It means more money, so GGG can hire more artists, programmers and make new, bigger expansions for everyone.

They aren't dumbing the main game down one bit.
"
xgarry wrote:
So if I want to play with gamepad I have to create a new account and therefore losing all progress and microtransactions? FUCK NO!

Well its not official how they manage this. At least for MTX.

I've just unlinked my account from a steam one to the normal ggg accout, as i'm expecting/hoping that i can log in with this one on the game then and of course having all my MTX on xbox too.

Stash and Progress will shurely be fresh, and doesnt bother me that much.
I played mainly league so standard Stash is filled up like hell, so i don't have to sort the stuff haha.

Last edited by domokunsan on Jan 25, 2017, 2:40:36 AM
Instead of developing for bad consoles they should make trading not pay to win and make a F2P auction house.
A little lttp, but any mention of ps4 version?
GGG is really starting to worry me lately =/ Decisions based on making money rather than bettering the quality of the game are very risky. More effort needs to be put into SSF/Trade right now, as that is the biggest problem with the game at the moment, and from what I can gather so far SSF is not going to be properly implemented.
Controller support for the PC version of the game... and a PS4 version. Still, this is an epic announcement!
I really don't understand why so many people are going off about the trading system and this Auction house nonsense. Diablo 3 had an Auction House! What happened to that? People abused it. They shut it down.

IMO having a Community driven "Market" or Trading is really not all that bad. And yes, Obviously it can have some really big down sides..."Oh a new meme came out where that says (idk) Exalted Orbs need to be 69Mirrors each! hehe!" (sorry) And then that takes off!

All in all though for the original post about POE coming to Xbone, as long as it Launches Smoothly...and isn't Broken AF...sounds good to me! And again all these people going on about how it's this HUUUUGE BURDEN TO PC GAMERS!! Oh gosh!! Our pc game is on console now! what shall we ever do!?......GGG is a Company or a Business(or whatever) Even though this game is F2P...which it IS, they still need to make money and Expanding is one of the best ways IF DONE CORRECTLY.

I'll stop ranting now <3
I don't understand how PC version players can call this a good thing.

The advocates for the Xbox version is completely missing the point that the PC players are complaining about. The problem is that GGG is taking precious time and resources from CRITICAL game improvements and giving us stuff that will affect 0% of the PC gaming community.

Instead of leaving the DX11 team to make improvements and finish the DX11 engine, they've been working on the Xbox version. If they weren't, maybe we could have had the DX11 beta out 3 months earlier, and it would be fully complete by now.

Time and money could have been used to make meaningful improvements to the trading system (or rather, addition of a trading market) that has been missing from the game forever.

At the end of the day, the Xbox version can only be a disaster that will turn anyone that plays it away from the PC version of POE. Why? Trading is hard enough on PC; it will be impossible on console without being able to chat. Novel builds possible on PC due to trading will be impossible on SSF. Good luck with Shaper and Atziri with a joystick. Those (and many other bosses) already require precision mouse control, they will be virtually impossible on console. And who wants to play with fewer flasks than you already have? That already messes with the balance of Pathfinder, and you'll end up having to spend more time and resources rebalancing stuff specific for the Xbox version.

At the end of the day, you're throwing time and money at a project that will at best be a watered down version of the PC game, at worst, a PR disaster that discourages new players from ever trying out the game.

There's no benefit to players, only maybe some short term money grab from console only players for GGG until they quit after a league.

*This is like when Blizzard tried putting Starcraft on the N64. There's a reason why RTS/MOBA/ARPGs don't survive on console... these games require more keys for commands, chat, and precision mouse control, something that by definition, never be overcome by consoles.*
"
XNtrysyti wrote:
I don't understand how PC version players can call this a good thing.

The advocates for the Xbox version is completely missing the point that the PC players are complaining about. The problem is that GGG is taking precious time and resources from CRITICAL game improvements and giving us stuff that will affect 0% of the PC gaming community.

Instead of leaving the DX11 team to make improvements and finish the DX11 engine, they've been working on the Xbox version. If they weren't, maybe we could have had the DX11 beta out 3 months earlier, and it would be fully complete by now.

Time and money could have been used to make meaningful improvements to the trading system (or rather, addition of a trading market) that has been missing from the game forever.

At the end of the day, the Xbox version can only be a disaster that will turn anyone that plays it away from the PC version of POE. Why? Trading is hard enough on PC; it will be impossible on console without being able to chat. Novel builds possible on PC due to trading will be impossible on SSF. Good luck with Shaper and Atziri with a joystick. Those (and many other bosses) already require precision mouse control, they will be virtually impossible on console. And who wants to play with fewer flasks than you already have? That already messes with the balance of Pathfinder, and you'll end up having to spend more time and resources rebalancing stuff specific for the Xbox version.

At the end of the day, you're throwing time and money at a project that will at best be a watered down version of the PC game, at worst, a PR disaster that discourages new players from ever trying out the game.

There's no benefit to players, only maybe some short term money grab from console only players for GGG until they quit after a league.

*This is like when Blizzard tried putting Starcraft on the N64. There's a reason why RTS/MOBA/ARPGs don't survive on console... these games require more keys for commands, chat, and precision mouse control, something that by definition, never be overcome by consoles.*
Why all of the salty tears? I was :A long time ago: one of these PC elitist that thought that only a PC should be allowed to have such a great game, but as I have gotten older the consoles have gotten better. Not only that, but I happen to enjoy kicking back and playing with a controller and a bigscreen tv.

Why do the PC Elitist not understand that having Xbox versions can only be a positive thing for the future of POE? Console= More players= More money/income for GGG to continue to make POE an even better game..

I think if people will look beyond their own Ego for a minute they will see that this is a GREAT thing!. Sadly there are those that feel "Entitled" because they "DONATED" money to GGG. Those people feel personally effected by the fact that new players will be able to have a fresh start AWAY" from any influence of the time/money spent by the older PC players. Kind of a "How DARE GGG allow players to play on another platform!"

I bet the PC players would not be throwing this much of a fit if they were allowed to transfer characters from PC to xbox! For those people it all boils down to ego and the fact that new players will be able to start fresh makes PC players feel as if they wasted time/money when in fact if the PC player enjoyed POE at then they did not "Waste" anything.

All I know is that I have already gotten about 20 people that I play ESO with ready to play POE as soon as it comes out.. BRING IT! hehe. I cannot wait!

Also would like to point out that we can Use a Keyboard with the xbox at any time.. Just plau it in and good to go.. But in all honesty there is absolutely no reason why we need one.. Many of us have been using xpadder to play POE for years.. It really is not that hard.. People will lie to themselves "And others" and say that games require the utmost pin point accuracy that can only be achieved by a mouse and keyboard.. That is flat out false.. If we can adjust and learn to fire weapons with accuracy then we should be able roll/dodge/cast/hit mobs in hackNslash games with enough to get by with lol.
Last edited by Funkopotamus on Jan 27, 2017, 2:25:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info