[2.6] CI Vaal Ice Nova Inquisitor, Great clear speed and insane fun!

Curious, did you try test vaal breach for harder bosses? Would be some crazy shotgunning, but probably only worth it if you could kill an endgame boss w/ it outright. I guess if it only repeats 5 times it'd be pretty tough but I don't know the mechanics of VIN
Last edited by SasquatchBrah on Feb 8, 2017, 2:44:48 PM
There's a few Staves that might be interesting, did you try any?

Dying Breath, Pledge of Hands, Tayrn's Shiver
livejamie
@Brinstar4 what is your Ice Nova crit chance with power charges?

"
livejamie wrote:
There's a few Staves that might be interesting, did you try any?

Dying Breath, Pledge of Hands, Tayrn's Shiver

You cannot shiled charge/whirl with staves and this makes then unusable for me.

"
SasquatchBrah wrote:
Curious, did you try test vaal breach for harder bosses? Would be some crazy shotgunning, but probably only worth it if you could kill an endgame boss w/ it outright. I guess if it only repeats 5 times it'd be pretty tough but I don't know the mechanics of VIN

For bosses up to T15 it shhould work just fine. Gurdians have way to much HP for it to work well.

Curious about using this for a league starter, think the ability to get the gems required would be possible early on?

Blue dream would be the most expensive obv but could work around that.
Hmm I can't say for sure because I started my build with high budget right away. Considering the fact you basically one shot everything in T15's it should work on budget as a currency famer. I'm taking it under consideration for 2.6 as a league starter.
"
Emjotte wrote:
Hmm I can't say for sure because I started my build with high budget right away. Considering the fact you basically one shot everything in T15's it should work on budget as a currency famer. I'm taking it under consideration for 2.6 as a league starter.

Thank you, will wait for patch notes to decide on this one or a ele bow build I had much success with before I got 36/40
very like your build.
thank you!
by the way, What do you think about 'The Pandemonius'?

sorry for my English.
"
lover616 wrote:
very like your build.
thank you!

I'm happy to hear that!

"
lover616 wrote:
What do you think about 'The Pandemonius'?

I think it's not very useful because you already reduce enemy resistance with your ascendency. I think The Halcyon will better choice.
Do you think this build is still going to make fun in 2.6? I was actually going to try this one in the upcoming league and then i read the patch notes:

"
All sources of "Increased Radius of Area Skills" have been replaced with an increase to area. This means that rather than the area of the skill increasing geometrically as the player invests in the modifier to area scale, the radius gained per point of the stat will be lower and lower as heavy investment occurs, similar to diminishing returns. Many old radius increases that have been changed to area increases provide a higher numeric value to compensate for this change. The goal of this change is to make investing in the size of your area skills to be less rewarding the more you invest, so players don't feel like they need to gather every single point of area radius to reach their character's full potential.
@DerMannheimer - If they will apply this changes as we can assume from 40% boss AOE example given in manifesto you can expect minor nerf to Vaal Ice Nova AoE with Dying sun up (something around 5-10%). It looks like up to 50% current AoE values area will be buffed and after this breakpoint diminishing returns will kick in. We need to wait for patch notes because they can change base radius of Ice Nova or add threshold jewel.

I will update the guide right after patch notes and tree releases.

Last edited by Emjotte on Feb 23, 2017, 4:55:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info