[2.6] CI Vaal Ice Nova Inquisitor, Great clear speed and insane fun!

Hey, I'm having a lot of trouble single target.

I have 112k DPS with ice nova 4L when fully buffed but cant survive any large boss fights easily. I swap out Ice Nova/Vortex to 6L but its still not easy.

Pyre ring nerf hits hard.

Check my profile for gear - Character is EwarNova.

Thanks!
IGN: EwarShanks EwarBooms EwarTank
How do you deal with reflect elemental in late game? I am having a hard time leveling up at lvl 91 because i run into reflect from time to time and kills me in a vaal nova cast.
@ewarwoowar this build cannot kill hard bosses easily. It's doable but requires some practice. As mentioned many times in this thread this is mainly map clearing build.

@doubleDs i haven't died to reflect even once on this build. Do you have all leech gear? Flask, boots, CWDT warlord's?
Yeah i have 5% life/mana leech on boots, warlord's mark (lvl 8) with cast on hit support, and vinktar's flask. I still instantly die when i vaal ice nova into a pack of mobs with the rare mob that has reflect. I sometimes cannot solo rare mobs with reflect.

EDIT: i have max resist and 9800 ES
Last edited by doubleDs on May 11, 2017, 12:31:00 AM
Are you elemental weakness capped? Maybe you run -max maps?
It seems that vaal skills cannot be supported anymore by spell echo in the beta and that sacrificial harvest are limited to one. Knowing that, would it be still possible to play this build in 3.0 should theses limitations come to pass?

I'm guessing damage won't change, but it's the vaal ice nova uptime that'd be problematic. Might need to fill the gap with another skill to collect souls? Glacial cascade?
"
Pyromancer4 wrote:
It seems that vaal skills cannot be supported anymore by spell echo in the beta and that sacrificial harvest are limited to one. Knowing that, would it be still possible to play this build in 3.0 should theses limitations come to pass?

I'm guessing damage won't change, but it's the vaal ice nova uptime that'd be problematic. Might need to fill the gap with another skill to collect souls? Glacial cascade?

I feel like vaal skill builds are dead now, vaal spark and this ice nova uptime are so low compared to 2.6 . And then using another between skill to rebuild souls seems like you might aswell just play any build with good AoE.

Possible for this build to work in 3.0?
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Can I play this build with the elements added in 3.3? I would like to play this build again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info