[2.6] CI Vaal Ice Nova Inquisitor, Great clear speed and insane fun!

"
Zloberik wrote:
Seems interesting! Why not swap ice nova with Vortex for single target or generating souls for vaal ice novas?

Vortex of course looks better on paper and I used it myself in the beginning. However it needs increased area linked to feel good and ice nova don't. In that place you link empower to Ice Nova and it becomes better in terms of DPS. Also it has lower critical strike chance and cast time so it's harder to freeze bosses. And in my opinion it feels worse to play. If you like vortex use it will be ok too!
Last edited by Emjotte on Jan 17, 2017, 3:24:44 PM
"
Emjotte wrote:

Vortex of course looks better on paper and I used it myself in the beginning. However it needs increased area linked to feel good and ice nova don't. In that place you link empower to Ice Nova and it becomes better in terms of DPS. Also it has lower critical strike chance and cast time so it's harder to freeze bosses. And in my opinion it feels worse to play. If you like vortex use it will be ok too!

Understood, thx for the guide, gonna try)
What to use when we don't have Empower Lv4?
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Go for level 3 Empower :)
Yep; been using this in BHC and garnering tons of attention. Was recording to make a build guide; looks like someone beat me.

Congrats! It's going to get picked up by the community and streamers soon enough
Awesome. You can solve the single target problem with a 3/4 link Vaal Righteous Fire. It will delay you a little bit from charging your first vaal Ice Nova, and that's it :P
It looks like the novas goes over terrain? does it not? If so, i am so changing my vaal sparker to this.
"
It looks like the novas goes over terrain? does it not? If so, i am so changing my vaal sparker to this.

Yes it does! It also cannot be consumed by trees and small obstacles.
Nice build there Emjotte !
I had the occasion to run few maps with him (playing Cospri's Discharge) and my feeling about my build was the following:

First of all, this build has a godly clearspeed , so I would recommend this build to anyone who is in love with toptier clearspeed builds because it's really insane, sometimes you can just kill like 4-5 screens in a single Vaal Ice Nova.
Single target damage are decent enough to kill map bosses so it must feels comformatble.
10/10 on this godly build for anyone who wants to give it a shot, don't hesitate , insane build !
Gosh damn it's so fun.

Doing Dried Lake right now at only lvl 69. My exp bar just goes boom boom and boom!

I only have 1 sac harvest though, pretty expensive for a >26%. Although I still clear quite good.

I have a question though.

How can I chain the nova properly? Sometimes I use the Vaal Ice Nova right before 2 large packs and it only chains the first one.

However, sometimes it actually chains into the second one.... How can I make sure I chain the nova's between large packs at a 100% rate? Thanks!
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info