[2.6] CI Vaal Ice Nova Inquisitor, Great clear speed and insane fun!

I'm glad you like it!

The best what you can do is position yourself between packs, it feel naturally after some time. Also area of effect helps a lot with chaining further.
Last edited by Emjotte on Jan 20, 2017, 11:23:35 AM
"
Emjotte wrote:
I'm glad you like it!

The best what you can do is position yourself between packs, it feel naturally after some time. Also area of effect helps a lot with chaining further.

Oh yeah! So popping Dying Sun right before using vaal ice nova before a pack is prob the best? :)

Looks like need to get my one those flasks :) Thanks again! One of the funnest builds I've ever played
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Might be a silly question, but why do you use controlled destruction in combination with crit gear and increased critical strikes? They don't really go well together do they?
"
monkuar wrote:

Oh yeah! So popping Dying Sun right before using vaal ice nova before a pack is prob the best? :)

This exactly what you want to do!

"
Arachnan wrote:
Might be a silly question, but why do you use controlled destruction in combination with crit gear and increased critical strikes? They don't really go well together do they?

It seems to be at first. However 100% reduced critical strike chance doesn't mean you can't crit. it reduces your chance by this value. For example your summary crit chance from tree and gear is 900 so using this gem reduces this value to 800 which isn't that bad (you are loosing around 10% crit chance). Spell damage on this gem is multiplicative and that makes it worth using even with critical strike penalty.
Last edited by Emjotte on Jan 21, 2017, 4:16:57 AM
"
Emjotte wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

This exactly what you want to do!

"
Arachnan wrote:

It seems to be at first. However 100% reduced critical strike chance doesn't mean you can't crit. it reduces your chance by this value. For example your summary crit chance from tree and gear is 900 so using this gem reduces this value to 800 which isn't that bad (you are loosing around 10% crit chance). Spell damage on this gem is multiplicative and that makes it worth using even with critical strike penalty.

Thanks for the answer!
Started leveling it, and it's fun so far. Also leveling as Ice Nova as right now it feels fine and I don't feel the need to use firestorm or another skill at all. I do have some decent leveling gear, so that helps :P
Last edited by Arachnan on Jan 21, 2017, 12:24:28 PM
Finally rip my build . I didnt quite know what to re-roll and wanted to make this for quite some time now. Just didnt really had much time to roll something un-tested and didnt really checked forums since i usually roll the same build leagues and leagues ,again and again :) .

So i was just curious,since i totally hate firestorm,flame totem and other trash skill,how would one go for lvling? I personnaly like to use the endgame skill ( so,ice nova ).

Does it perform good? I was thinking of using like bitterdreams at 30ish (so kinda 7l for 1alc) .

Would this performs well on low tier maps on a budget? Like without a 16ex flask :) . Thinking 5l .

SO to summarize,

1 hows the lvling and how would someone lvl this efficiently.
2 Works good on a budget? for lower tier.

for reference, lvl21 and used frostbolt til 12. Then ice nova+Vice nova til 25. Everything a breeze. cant wait to hit 32 for bitterdream . Single target somewhat lack but i plan on using a spell totem+FB to help out a bit. So far so good, HC.
Last edited by Deadbringer on Jan 21, 2017, 2:51:55 PM
IF you like leveling your with your end game skill go for it, shouldn't be that bad!
You can do lower tier maps on a budget, also you can farm lake for some currency. Instead going for 5L you can use skin of the loyal.
This build performs really well in T15 so you can seed run some lower tiers one a budget for $$ and progress to higher tiers over time.
"
Emjotte wrote:
IF you like leveling your with your end game skill go for it, shouldn't be that bad!
You can do lower tier maps on a budget, also you can farm lake for some currency. Instead going for 5L you can use skin of the loyal.
This build performs really well in T15 so you can seed run some lower tiers one a budget for $$ and progress to higher tiers over time.

But using skin of the loyal would mean losing 700-800 base ES,which is like more then half of the total ES on a budget.

edit: NVM, Global defense implies x2 ES on other piece of equipment...Interesting.
Last edited by Deadbringer on Jan 21, 2017, 10:12:18 PM
Is there a way to make this guardian viable?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
Is there a way to make this guardian viable?

I'll try to record some guardian action today or tomorow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info