0.9.6 Patch Notes

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Tempest Shield requires you to have a shield, and only works when you block with that shield.

This means that you can't use it with dual wield or staff block, because you can't have a staff + shield or dual wield + shield.

So DW and staff blocks are not counted as shield blocks.

The term "parry" comes to mind.
an understanding about elemental equilibrium. is if you first strike a monster with fire that should weaken it from cold and lightning, so if you first hit with fire then right after you hit it with lightning wont it switch the results. but the initial hit from lightning will have the weakness to it. so if your not using the spell with other elements at once. then you will have to switch back and forth from one spell to the other for the full affect if so then will the game be able to keep up with the changes to the resistance of the monster being attacked?

also i would love to get more friend keys to pass out.
rawrawr
Last edited by Phish on Feb 6, 2012, 8:02:20 PM
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

The idea is that now the witches can still blast through mobs with spells, but they'll consider finishing them off with the wand when they're nearly dead, for the reward of power charges.

I don't think any but a few ocd people will be trying to hit monsters with spells to just the right point to then switch to wand dps to finish them off. I think the implementation of this idea needs to be reworked if you want anyone besides wand-build witches to think about using this.

This.

It also has a few other huge problems. Witches aren't going to pick up "a couple wand passives" with the way the trees are currently. You're either a wand witch or you aren't. There just aren't enough passive points to screw around like that. With "a couple wand passives" you'd end up with a witch unable to scratch anything with a wand anyways and 5 wasted passive points... then you get into power charges falling off while you shoot at a zombie 8x for his last 10% hp with 65% to hit... etc...

Also, finding a good high end wand would be nigh impossible. All physical damage characters care about is getting enhanced damage on their weapon, the rest of the mods can be pretty much anything. Now you'd need spell damage, physical damage, your schools elemental damage, god knows what else to get a desirable wand?

Why should it be witches making "sacrifices" to get charges. This would be like making a ranger finish off a mob with flicker strike to keep frenzy going.

Last edited by Zaanus on Feb 6, 2012, 7:59:46 PM
yeah it seems witches are getting the short end here even tho every other class says we're underpowered lol
Last edited by Loex on Feb 6, 2012, 8:12:40 PM
"
Loex wrote:
yeah it seems witches are getting the short end here even tho every other class says we're underpowered lol

vouch
rawrawr
"
Zaanus wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

The idea is that now the witches can still blast through mobs with spells, but they'll consider finishing them off with the wand when they're nearly dead, for the reward of power charges.

I don't think any but a few ocd people will be trying to hit monsters with spells to just the right point to then switch to wand dps to finish them off. I think the implementation of this idea needs to be reworked if you want anyone besides wand-build witches to think about using this.

This.

It also has a few other huge problems. Witches aren't going to pick up "a couple wand passives" with the way the trees are currently. You're either a wand witch or you aren't. There just aren't enough passive points to screw around like that. With "a couple wand passives" you'd end up with a witch unable to scratch anything with a wand anyways and 5 wasted passive points... then you get into power charges falling off while you shoot at a zombie 8x for his last 10% hp with 65% to hit... etc...

Also, finding a good high end wand would be nigh impossible. All physical damage characters care about is getting enhanced damage on their weapon, the rest of the mods can be pretty much anything. Now you'd need spell damage, physical damage, your schools elemental damage, god knows what else to get a desirable wand?

Why should it be witches making "sacrifices" to get charges. This would be like making a ranger finish off a mob with flicker strike to keep frenzy going.

How about if you hit a monster with a wand and then kill it within 1-2 seconds you would gain a power charge. Although this could make it too easy to gain charges?

I guess we need to wait and see how the current method will work once the patch is released first though.
Last edited by Silenoz on Feb 7, 2012, 12:59:25 AM
Witches are given more possibilities, yet you guys think it's a nerf. You can still play your old witch. If you could be as powerful as before with your spells and be able to make good use of the wand skill, that would be OP. Everything comes with a sacrifice...
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Feb 7, 2012, 6:13:00 AM
"
Phish wrote:
"
Loex wrote:

vouch

See how many things this patch has in store for Duelists, then come back.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist
"
Karakkonor wrote:
See how many things this patch has in store for Duelists, then come back.

You really really love Duelists, don't you :P

The Duelist is actually next on my list of classes to play close attention to, to make sure that it plays well for average characters (we can see that it's pretty powerful in the hands of people with a lot of economic power, like most classes).

Due to our pipelining, the changes in this patch are ones we set in motion in early January. Specific changes regarding the Duelist (if they're needed) are not in tomorrow's patch.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Duelist does seem to be a class that scales incredibly hard with gear. I think it's fairly balanced considering how vulnerable they are and how evil the scaling is if they don't have good gear.

And yes, I do love duelists :P I always get way too invested in my first character, but I don't necessarily see this as a disadvantage.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info