0.9.6 Patch Notes

Patch looks good, just a thought though is there any plans to change or tweak the way pure evasion builds perform at high levels?? On another note I had convinced myself that I saw one of you guys at GGG say there would be new items added (as in base items) im all bummed out now!

Seriously looks great, cant wait to try it out.
"
RodHull wrote:
Patch looks good, just a thought though is there any plans to change or tweak the way pure evasion builds perform at high levels?? On another note I had convinced myself that I saw one of you guys at GGG say there would be new items added (as in base items) im all bummed out now!

Seriously looks great, cant wait to try it out.

If you mean new base items, not sure, but more uniques are coming
-Meteoric Destiny!
"
Zaanus wrote:

Why should it be witches making "sacrifices" to get charges. This would be like making a ranger finish off a mob with flicker strike to keep frenzy going.

I agree on power charges, but I really just wanted to say the Frenzy comment is exactly what my claw ranger does. Blood Rage + Flicker Strike keeps frenzy charges going forever as long as you have things to kill.

I know you meant an archer ranger having to switch to melee, just pointing out that there are already extremely easy ways to keep charges up. Making witches switch to an unnatural attack (for the build) doesn't really work.

How about a skill like Enduring Cry, where instead of automatically gaining power charges, you instead buff yourself to be able to receive them on mob death. As long as the buff is up you soulsteal or some other mechanic to gain power charges and reset duration.

If any of you played Sacred 2, I'm specifically thinking about the Inquisitor's Soul Reaver ability.
ya i don't really see the problem with witches and itemization

marauders get endurance charges from doing what marauders do - melee

rangers get frenzy charges from doing what rangers do - ranged dps

witches should get power charges from doing what witches do - spells

i'm not saying to take away the ability to get power charges through doing wand dps since i guess some people might want to do a wand build as a witch, but i assure you that is the exception to the rule with this class. this class is for the most part about casting spells and by making it so you can only get power charges by doing wand dps - you're disenfranchising the vast majority of witch players.. which is puzzling to me.

it's like saying "ok, rangers can only get frenzy charges from killing monsters with cold snap" or [insert INT spell here]
Last edited by Darkfyre on Feb 7, 2012, 11:17:28 AM
I agree with you Dark, as a ice/electric witch I have no way to get any charges at all. I dont use wand my LMB is ice spear/and RMB coldsnap. I also dont count aoe taunt for endurance charges a way to get charges for witch. I also refuse to use minions, this is a caster build not a pet. All build varriations should have a way to get charges. Unless ofcorse there is a spell gem power charge passive I failed to find, In which case I'm wrong.
Last edited by Zalgotas on Feb 7, 2012, 11:42:56 AM
when everyone says their class is underpowered and all the others are OP...you have balance :)

~SotW HC Guild~

Do you really even need the charges though? From what I've been seeing, ice witches do just fine even in horrible magic find gear and are tearing through chaos ledges like a hot knife through butter.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist
All you guys worrying about the new power charge skill, yes it may seem odd on a normal witch build....but keep in mind this could be a very useful spell for a certain class...a class we havent seen yet.

It may seem weird and out of place now but it might fit perfectly in the future planning of the Devs
Stop your idiotic whining, please, you guys are the reason they don't post the patch notes earlier.

Witches aren't underpowered now so why the hell are you complaining when they're just getting more options?
They are simply making another witch build type viable, not nerfing your spell builds.

Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
"
Jaambie wrote:
All you guys worrying about the new power charge skill, yes it may seem odd on a normal witch build....but keep in mind this could be a very useful spell for a certain class...a class we havent seen yet.

It may seem weird and out of place now but it might fit perfectly in the future planning of the Devs

WAND WITCH!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info