[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Brilliant work there.
i just join PoE 1 month, and as soon as i see this build i choose duelist as starter.
now im lv81 and go for T10. and i found something worth noting.
1.Flammability nessesary?
Flammability -44% fire res, but i found i got 80% fire penetration(Fire Penetration Support 37, Xoph's Blood 10, Lava Lash 8, Primeval force 5, Ngamahu's Flame 20).
if all the enemy got fire immune, Flammability can give me 20% more damage, but it's rare.
So i think we can drop Flammability, choose Enfeeble instead.

2.CWDT enfeeble
curse to aura, the radius is limited i think. usually i am hurt by range damage. with CWDT, i can cast enfeeble to the one who is most annoying.
so i choose CWDT(lv1)-Increased Duration-Enfeeble-Immortal call
the frequency of enfeeble and immortal call is enough for me.
so that i can leave a 3 socket to something more.

3.Ancestral Warchief-Leap Slam-Faster Attacks-Increased Area of Effect
Faster Attacks fits AW & LS well

4.with all things above, i have a 4 sockets full of possibility
Herald of Ash is for sure because of the huge boost of clearspeed
other 3 i choose Summon Stone Golem, Vitality, Vaal Grace
first two is easy, i just want some regen when i can't touch enemy
Vaal Grace is for security thought, dealing with some hard rare.

5.the discussion between u and @mrpetrov inspire me very much
i think cyclon is for molten burst, when it comes to EO, there is no need for molten burst to collect crit stats.(ignite chance is enough for it if without Emberwake), but accuracy is not. so the best way is to get Increased Critical Strikes Gem on clcyone, get accuracy global(on gloves) so Cyclone combine maybe Cyclone-fast attack-increased crit-fortify-weapon elemental damage-Concentrated Effect/Increased Area of Effect/Melee Physical Damage(for the radius u want)

after all, i just play poe less than a month, if someting is wrong, point it out then, thx

What do I need to do to be stronger?
IM DIE IN ESH BREACH and arziti normal boss 1 skill im die
QUESTION:WHAT ENCHANT NEED FOR GLOVES AND BOOTS
THANK
Last edited by thantaimetmoi on Mar 25, 2017, 3:46:06 AM
so after i went ahead and got myself some legacy blood dance and got some new gloves. (not super crazy about the rings for sale tonight, will look tomorrow) I did a deathless core map and it was incredibly easy, Im sure it was before, but it felt really nice. I consider myself pretty terrible at killing malachai but it was easy. Facetanked him.

Now i know that blood dance arent really boss viable when theres no trash. trying to get a extra pair of boots for this with the same gems. might just be my rares or something with another end charge. might keep em. not sure yet.

I went ahead and dropped the links from warchief as I only use him for the buff. I set up a vaal clarity (which isnt necessary atm with the leech i have, will swap this out with something else) vaal haste, increased dur and warchief. He lasts 20 seconds now so I throw him in a corner and hope he doesnt die, the range of the buff is decent enough. Having that haste skill available is pretty huge for face tanking IMO.

Deciding to stick with a Belly for my iteration. It allows me to use some other items and still have over 6k life. This will improve with levels.

i should swap out the clarity for AOE now that i think of it.

I feel the damage is more than adequate with a belly as my molten burst hits around 13k with charges and onslaught. Cyclone gets up past 100k with buffs.

balls probably hit for 14ishk with flasks.

this is with 4 frenzies. i wanna get to at least 6. maybe 7 if I can. not sure If ill hit 7 because ill probably want the enchant on the boots more than the extra charge. not sure yet.

Last edited by Planisphaerium on Mar 25, 2017, 4:17:28 AM
did Minotaur for the first time, died a few times from lack of knowledge and getting caught a couple times. damage was good. Culling strike is godly.
Hi Kira. Now I got enough currency to go to Atziri's Accuity version of this build. And what I got ? My displayed dmg on cyclone is 53k with herald of ash and flame golem... it was 91k previoulsy... under elemntal overload and flasks I have 132k but it was 170k before... =(((... it feels that I clear stuff much more slower than with regular version of the build. What's wrong with me ? It costed me more than 17ex...

Spoiler
Last edited by old_nihilist on Mar 25, 2017, 6:15:17 AM
"
"
areukiddingme wrote:
"
Kaozuke wrote:
But its posible get 6k life and 3k armour with primeval force tree and carcass? because at the moment i use the tank versión.

Im level 89 atm and going for the Primeval Force and Herbalism(will get both at lvl 98), so i have 6.2k hp and 6500 armour with lightning coil, but my helmet isnt devoto's. its rare with life, 700 armour and high res.

By the way i think that Xoph's blood is totally useless in this build and Carnage Heart is just perfect.

Wanna try Cosrpi's will cause ele weakness looks op there.(cospri's will + aquity + ele weakness sounds crazy)

i wouldnt call 10% fire pen, avatar, 10% increased life, and an ash debuff useless.

I didnt want to say "useless", just used both and didnt feel that Xoph's is worth its cost. Moreover, carnage provides more damage and THE LEECH. Almost nothing can kill me, because ll rate is too high and + to all 51 all atributes helps alot.
"
Presaio1993 wrote:

OMG! You have my precious!

Btw, you can replace Writhing Jar with Wise Oak flask. You will love it. :)

"
areukiddingme wrote:
"
Kaozuke wrote:
But its posible get 6k life and 3k armour with primeval force tree and carcass? because at the moment i use the tank versión.

Im level 89 atm and going for the Primeval Force and Herbalism(will get both at lvl 98), so i have 6.2k hp and 6500 armour with lightning coil, but my helmet isnt devoto's. its rare with life, 700 armour and high res.

By the way i think that Xoph's blood is totally useless in this build and Carnage Heart is just perfect.

Wanna try Cosrpi's will cause ele weakness looks op there.(cospri's will + aquity + ele weakness sounds crazy)

Carnage heart provide more damage on tooltip but Xoph's Blood provide more actual damage. Without Xoph's Blood, 50% of your damage are not optimized for the fire penetration that you are obtaining. You are also losing the damage buff provided by Ash effect of Xoph's Blood.

"
Tracis_Pan wrote:
Brilliant work there.
i just join PoE 1 month, and as soon as i see this build i choose duelist as starter.
now im lv81 and go for T10. and i found something worth noting.
1.Flammability nessesary?
Flammability -44% fire res, but i found i got 80% fire penetration(Fire Penetration Support 37, Xoph's Blood 10, Lava Lash 8, Primeval force 5, Ngamahu's Flame 20).
if all the enemy got fire immune, Flammability can give me 20% more damage, but it's rare.
So i think we can drop Flammability, choose Enfeeble instead.

2.CWDT enfeeble
curse to aura, the radius is limited i think. usually i am hurt by range damage. with CWDT, i can cast enfeeble to the one who is most annoying.
so i choose CWDT(lv1)-Increased Duration-Enfeeble-Immortal call
the frequency of enfeeble and immortal call is enough for me.
so that i can leave a 3 socket to something more.

3.Ancestral Warchief-Leap Slam-Faster Attacks-Increased Area of Effect
Faster Attacks fits AW & LS well

4.with all things above, i have a 4 sockets full of possibility
Herald of Ash is for sure because of the huge boost of clearspeed
other 3 i choose Summon Stone Golem, Vitality, Vaal Grace
first two is easy, i just want some regen when i can't touch enemy
Vaal Grace is for security thought, dealing with some hard rare.

5.the discussion between u and @mrpetrov inspire me very much
i think cyclon is for molten burst, when it comes to EO, there is no need for molten burst to collect crit stats.(ignite chance is enough for it if without Emberwake), but accuracy is not. so the best way is to get Increased Critical Strikes Gem on clcyone, get accuracy global(on gloves) so Cyclone combine maybe Cyclone-fast attack-increased crit-fortify-weapon elemental damage-Concentrated Effect/Increased Area of Effect/Melee Physical Damage(for the radius u want)

after all, i just play poe less than a month, if someting is wrong, point it out then, thx

1) Fire penetration stack with Flammability. Flammability reduces the total resistance (> 75%) of mob where as fire penetration reduces actual resistance (75% max).

e.g. If a mob has 100 total resistance, with level 20 Flammability gem, the mob resistance will now be: 100 - 44 = 56%. With 80% fire penetration, the resistance will now become 56 - 80 = -24% (negative value).

So what happens when you remove flammability? The mob resistance will now become: 75 - 80 = -5% (negative value)

Flammability also gives high % chance to ignite, which is huge. I would certainly keep Flammability aura on. :)

2) If you are referring to those porcupines mob who shots darts after they die, they can easily be tanked with 3 endurance charges + granite flask + basalt flask. Otherwise, range usually don't post much of a problem.

5) Like you said, Increased Critical Strike gem is only socketed with Cyclone since that it the skill that will proc Elemental Overload. Having 600 accuracies from gears will get your chance to hit close to 90%. 2 rings should be sufficient to provide the accuracy rating you need from gears. This way your gloves will have more options.

"
thantaimetmoi wrote:

What do I need to do to be stronger?
IM DIE IN ESH BREACH and arziti normal boss 1 skill im die
QUESTION:WHAT ENCHANT NEED FOR GLOVES AND BOOTS
THANK

For Esh fight, you can get yourself Wise Oak flask and ensure your lightning resist is the lowest value among the other resistance. This way you will get additional 10% lightning damage reduction in Esh domain.

For Atziri fight, having a Ruby flask will help greatly in reducing her fire attacks. Once you get used to fighting her, she will be easy.

For enchants, you can check out Lab Enchantments section in the guide. :)

"
so after i went ahead and got myself some legacy blood dance and got some new gloves. (not super crazy about the rings for sale tonight, will look tomorrow) I did a deathless core map and it was incredibly easy, Im sure it was before, but it felt really nice. I consider myself pretty terrible at killing malachai but it was easy. Facetanked him.

Now i know that blood dance arent really boss viable when theres no trash. trying to get a extra pair of boots for this with the same gems. might just be my rares or something with another end charge. might keep em. not sure yet.

I went ahead and dropped the links from warchief as I only use him for the buff. I set up a vaal clarity (which isnt necessary atm with the leech i have, will swap this out with something else) vaal haste, increased dur and warchief. He lasts 20 seconds now so I throw him in a corner and hope he doesnt die, the range of the buff is decent enough. Having that haste skill available is pretty huge for face tanking IMO.

Deciding to stick with a Belly for my iteration. It allows me to use some other items and still have over 6k life. This will improve with levels.

i should swap out the clarity for AOE now that i think of it.

I feel the damage is more than adequate with a belly as my molten burst hits around 13k with charges and onslaught. Cyclone gets up past 100k with buffs.

balls probably hit for 14ishk with flasks.

this is with 4 frenzies. i wanna get to at least 6. maybe 7 if I can. not sure If ill hit 7 because ill probably want the enchant on the boots more than the extra charge. not sure yet.

The attack speed and damage buff from frenzies are perfect for the build. Keep us posted on your result with 7 charges. :)

"
old_nihilist wrote:
Hi Kira. Now I got enough currency to go to Atziri's Accuity version of this build. And what I got ? My displayed dmg on cyclone is 53k with herald of ash and flame golem... it was 91k previoulsy... under elemntal overload and flasks I have 132k but it was 170k before... =(((... it feels that I clear stuff much more slower than with regular version of the build. What's wrong with me ? It costed me more than 17ex...

Spoiler

The DPS drop switching from tank to EO build is normal. You lose some physical damage nodes so the tooltip DPS will drop. The 40% more damage from Elemental Overload will only take effect when it proc in fight. EO will provide more damage because it is a "more" modifier, whereas the physical damage nodes that you traded away is "increased" modifier.

Whats your chance to hit and crit chance for Cyclone?

Looking at your skill tree, I see that you have not fully branched into Primeval Force. I would suggest you to complete this cluster. You are missing good amount of damage from there.

Also, get Wise Oak flask. That will further boost your damage. :)
"
Carnage heart provide more damage on tooltip but Xoph's Blood provide more actual damage. Without Xoph's Blood, 50% of your damage are not optimized for the fire penetration that you are obtaining. You are also losing the damage buff provided by Ash effect of Xoph's Blood.

Thanks for explaining. By the way, can u check my character(name Vexento)?What do i need to get my dps higher?Currently have 34k on tooltip. Bosses not a problem at all, but minotaur fell very slow. Idk how u guys getting 70k+ on tooltip.
Last edited by areukiddingme on Mar 25, 2017, 4:37:52 PM
What do u think about Blood Rage grants additional % of attack speed ? Is it good enchant?
Ofc i have blood rage in my gem setup.
I know that 12% AS from blood rage enchant is less than 15% from cyclone buff but cost much less.
Or meybe optimal option will be cyclone damage.

Thx for answers and sorry for my english (isnt my native language)

Do you think Hrimnor is a good alternative? I kind of like the added hp, dmg and decent armour and res. Plus the cannot be chilled is godly with this build.

Using this belt as a cheap way to have res and dmg. I think it works nicely with the build.

Also noticed this interesting jewel. Is it worth putting it or just go with %max hp and some dmg jewels?

Oh and can you please clarify something: is it necessary for the axe to have the sockets linked or it really has no importance?

IGN = Zalmoxis
Shop = 529687
Last edited by Zalmoxis on Mar 25, 2017, 6:01:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info