[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"

In my Hideout with golem (no Warchief Totem) I'm at 10,757.5. I have Xoph's blood though so that makes a huge difference. Also a lot of my gems are level 20 now (edit: also the ones that matter have quality too).

5.6k health. lvl 90

Spoiler

IGN: Sweethart
Last edited by haenic on Mar 26, 2017, 8:05:57 PM
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Vystra wrote:
How do you get enough intelligence earlier on (and also later) to use max leveled intelligence-based support gems and stuff? I'm currently leveling a duelist with this build in mind and loving it so far, but my int is very low and I'm a bit worried I won't be able to use int-heavy stuff in a little while. I do notice that later on (at the level 75 tree) you have +64 to intelligence total, which is not bad, and I guess a piece of gear or two with + to that stat would settle it.

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere in this thread already - I couldn't find a way to search this thread alone, even with the google site: method. >_<

You can get intelligence from rings and amulet.

is a great ring for the stats it provides. :)

Thanks for the response!
Last edited by Vystra on Mar 26, 2017, 8:34:21 PM
Switched to the acuity version of the build. My crit chance is only 8.3% -_- is it alright?
"
kira1414 wrote:

"
mattislouie wrote:
I have a question - do you get to keep the damage permanently for each ignite in the taming/emberwake combo, or does the it have a duration?

Ignite is not permanent. The base duration is 4 seconds. Temporal chain can extend its duration.

Ok, so would that mean I have to ignite 300 times in 4 seconds to get that 3000% damage? Should I have to use temp chains if I do taming/emberwake combo?

~Thanks

Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
"
haenic wrote:
"

In my Hideout with golem (no Warchief Totem) I'm at 10,757.5. I have Xoph's blood though so that makes a huge difference. Also a lot of my gems are level 20 now (edit: also the ones that matter have quality too).

5.6k health. lvl 90

Spoiler

I also have Xoph's but im only at 8200~ most my gems are 20% would changing added fire damage support in weapon to elemental focus support make such a difference? Also any way to make the build move faster? I feel pretty slow :P I dont know how much more 30% movement speed on boots gives.
Last edited by frallan123 on Mar 26, 2017, 10:20:26 PM
Thoughts on Blasphemy + Warlords Mark in HC? Im obsessed with the setup on cyclone builds for the leech + free endurance charges. Also solves all mana issues. However I'm thinking enfeeble may be a non-negotiable in HC from mid-tier onward.

You can actually level super fast from 31 with Blasphemy+Warlords and cylcone. Just craft a perpetual quicksilver of adrenaline and speed around with free endurance charges and no mana issues and heaps of leech.
Hi guys, first of all big thank you to Kira for inspiring me to try out a Cyclone build again. :)

I have seen some people in this thread ask about the Hardcore viability of this build and I have to say it is MORE than viable for it. :)

I have now reached level 94 and am absolutely loving it.

I have made the following adjustments:

- Replaced Blasphemy -> flammability with Blasphemy -> Warlord's Mark for leveling and now Blasphemy -> Enfeeble.

- Even though I found Xoph's Heart the other day I did sell it and am not going to use Xoph's Blood for now. Single Elemental Reflect mobs are already scary enough without it and I don't want to risk my character because I might not have my Ruby Flask up or I simply oversee the reflect aura. :)
I might consider it again for boss killing because it is of course still a very significant dps upgrade.

- I focus way more on HP than on dmg for the most part. The dps is still really really good. :)

- Because you do not have the best way of generating endurance charges with this build (I dont like self casting enduring cry :). Maybe The Red Nightmare is an option, but its too expensive for me at the moment) I just don't use any of them. :) I go for a low level CWDT -> IC -> Inc Duration Setup and it works out very well so far. You already have perma fortify and enfeeble. I don't feel like extra physical damage mitigation is needed.

- I use vaal lightning trap for bosses and breaches.

- I cut one support gem from my Ancestral Protector / Warchief Setup and replaced it with a vengeance skill gem. I really like having some disconnect protection in HC and with slayer's strong leech, this is really more effective than a lot of people think. Especially because the attack from Vengeance can also trigger your molten burst.

- Since I currently do not have access to dual curse (Only option for me really, is a very good amulet with +1 curse) I could either run Herald of Ash or Hatred with my Blasphemy. Since Hatred is more damage and the mana is still fine, I use that. :)

- I don't have room for a golem right now. Might be a mistake. Not sure about it just yet. Would have to think hard what I want to replace. Only Options really are Leap Slam, Vaal Lightning Trap, an addition support gem from Vengeance/Totem or Inc Duration Support.

Flask Setup:
First of all, Dying Sun is just so good for Clear Speed. I am not sure about it even adding too much dps to boss fights since the Balls also spread out more and might miss more often because of it. But for clearing maps it is just insanely strong. Especially because you also covered your much needed ruby flask for those pesky Ele Reflect mobs at the same time.

Apart from that, here is my reasoning for the remaining flask choices:

- I think that a shock immune and a freeze immune flask are mandatory on a utility flask.
- I also think that for a build that has no movement skill to move around, a quicksilver flask of adrenaline is mandatory. Especially for a cyclone build. :)
- Finally I also think that at least one instant life flask is mandatory for any life based build.

All these things are the reason why I currently do not use a taste of hate for mapping. (also no lion's roar, but I don't like knockback for this build anyways).
As a replacement I use a basalt flask for the physical damage mitigation and a sulphur flask for a not too shaby dps boost, which combined allow me to cover my shock/freeze immunity.

When I will finally be ready to take on a few of the end game bosses I will probably switch out one or two flasks for taste/lion's. But this is yet do be decided.

My Character:

You can check out my gear/jewels and skill tree here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Bymen (Char: easeClone)

If you have any HC related questions or specific questions abut my variation of this build, feel free to ask. :)

UPDATE:
I just killed Minotaur for the first time... ever... :)
Last edited by Bymen on Mar 27, 2017, 12:54:38 PM
"
areukiddingme wrote:
"
kira1414 wrote:
Concentrated effect for Cyclone, rings with weapon elemental damage, level 20/21 + 20% gems, jewels and high character level will get your tool tip over 80K.

Okay, but what should i do now?Have 10 ex and want to buy atziri gloves, is there any better option?

Looking at your character, you can get Taste of Hate, Dying Sun and Wise Oak flasks. And grats on the Legacy Lightning Coil!

"
enyaisrave wrote:
[SSF INFO REGARDING THIS BUILD]

Maybe not very noteworthy, but I saw someone asking if this build is SSF viable so I guess I could share my experience so far.

I assume whoever is looking to run this build at the very minimum already got lucky with the
dropping since it would be pretty silly otherwise.

Before I start I also want to point out that this is the first league I ever played in POE and my experience of the game prior to Legacy League consists of maybe a week of play time in Standard. I leveled up several characters before starting an EQ slayer (found
and couldn't help myself), while doing some prohpecy stuff in the prison I cam across the weapon needed for this build and adjusted my tree accordingly.

To make long story short, it is totally doable, depending on what you want to do and how fast you want to do it. So far I killed regular Atziri deathless with a Tabula rasa on. Unfortunately progression is pretty slow in SSF so the highest tier map I've found is T13 which was really easy. I wish I could find better maps because it's really not any challenge on my current tiers.

Spoiler

I did however not manage to do Esh breach stone :< But I think I attempted it way too soon, basically I was like level 74 or so and never seen or tried that fight before. I am still looking for my last trial so I can run uber lab.

I am running a slightly modified version of the elemental wheel tree: www.poeurl.com/bdNu

- Added some ele resists because it's actually easier to get decent uniques than crafting decent
rares. As is I am over capped on all res (except chaos).

- I specced out of most sockets as well, because, well SSF. Will make adjustments if I find/roll any good jewels.

- Specced into some more atk speed as well.

My current gear:

So you farm some divinations for the helmet & aqueducts for the Tabula and you're good to go.

Waiting to 5-link:

Spent some 300ish fuses now because I refuse to give up and pay 120 fuses for it when I am already so commited ;D Blehhh. pretty sure it could work as a decent placeholder for carcass jack.

Sorry for the wall of text but I always try and find SSF comments on builds when I look through the forums since I am strictly playing SSF and it's frustrating to realize that "budget" does not always mean SSF compatible ;D Maybe this will help someone.

Thanks for the build kira1414

This build is certainly not SSF friendly because it will not have the needed damage output without the axe. But once you have the axe, this build can easily push you to end game. :)

"
how much did ppls have dps with molten burst i have only 4454

Skill Tree

Your skill tree does not have Primeval Force. I would suggest you to get that and you will see damage going up.

Also, just as @haenic said, to push the damage up further, you will need Xoph's Blood amulet, 90+ character level, and level 20/21 with 20% quality gems.

"
areukiddingme wrote:
Switched to the acuity version of the build. My crit chance is only 8.3% -_- is it alright?

8.3% is too low. I have 16.95% crit chance. Try to aim for 15%. You will need Increase Crtical Strike gem in your chest piece. I checked your character and it appears your gem setup is not meant for EO. I recommend the 6L gem setup under Cospri's Will.

"
mattislouie wrote:
"
kira1414 wrote:

"
mattislouie wrote:
I have a question - do you get to keep the damage permanently for each ignite in the taming/emberwake combo, or does the it have a duration?

Ignite is not permanent. The base duration is 4 seconds. Temporal chain can extend its duration.

Ok, so would that mean I have to ignite 300 times in 4 seconds to get that 3000% damage? Should I have to use temp chains if I do taming/emberwake combo?

~Thanks

Temporal chain will extend the duration so yes, it work best with temporal chain curse.

"
Mastodonic wrote:
Thoughts on Blasphemy + Warlords Mark in HC? Im obsessed with the setup on cyclone builds for the leech + free endurance charges. Also solves all mana issues. However I'm thinking enfeeble may be a non-negotiable in HC from mid-tier onward.

You can actually level super fast from 31 with Blasphemy+Warlords and cylcone. Just craft a perpetual quicksilver of adrenaline and speed around with free endurance charges and no mana issues and heaps of leech.

Certainly, Warlord Mark is great for HC game play. You can go for dual curse setup with Enfeeble.

"
Bymen wrote:
Hi guys, first of all big thank you to Kira for inspiring me to try out a Cyclone build again. :)

I have seen some people in this thread ask about the Hardcore viability of this build and I have to say it is MORE than viable for it. :)

I have now reached level 94 and am absolutely loving it.

I have made the following adjustments:

- Replaced Blasphemy -> flammability with Blasphemy -> Warlord's Mark for leveling and now Blasphemy -> Enfeeble.

- Even though I found Xoph's Heart the other day I did sell it and am not going to use Xoph's Blood for now. Single Elemental Reflect mobs are already scary enough without it and I don't want to risk my character because I might not have my Ruby Flask up or I simply oversee the reflect aura. :)
I might consider it again for boss killing because it is of course still a very significant dps upgrade.

- I focus way more on HP than on dmg for the most part. The dps is still really really good. :)

- Because you do not have the best way of generating endurance charges with this build (I dont like self casting enduring cry :). Maybe The Red Nightmare is an option, but its too expensive for me at the moment) I just don't use any of them. :) I go for a low level CWDT -> IC -> Inc Duration Setup and it works out very well so far. You already have perma fortify and enfeeble. I don't feel like extra physical damage mitigation is needed.

- I use vaal lightning trap for bosses and breaches.

- I cut one support gem from my Ancestral Protector / Warchief Setup and replaced it with a vengeance skill gem. I really like having some disconnect protection in HC and with slayer's strong leech, this is really more effective than a lot of people think. Especially because the attack from Vengeance can also trigger your molten burst.

- Since I currently do not have access to dual curse (Only option for me really, is a very good amulet with +1 curse) I could either run Herald of Ash or Hatred with my Blasphemy. Since Hatred is more damage and the mana is still fine, I use that. :)

- I don't have room for a golem right now. Might be a mistake. Not sure about it just yet. Would have to think hard what I want to replace. Only Options really are Leap Slam, Vaal Lightning Trap, an addition support gem from Vengeance/Totem or Inc Duration Support.

Flask Setup:
First of all, Dying Sun is just so good for Clear Speed. I am not sure about it even adding too much dps to boss fights since the Balls also spread out more and might miss more often because of it. But for clearing maps it is just insanely strong. Especially because you also covered your much needed ruby flask for those pesky Ele Reflect mobs at the same time.

Apart from that, here is my reasoning for the remaining flask choices:

- I think that a shock immune and a freeze immune flask are mandatory on a utility flask.
- I also think that for a build that has no movement skill to move around, a quicksilver flask of adrenaline is mandatory. Especially for a cyclone build. :)
- Finally I also think that at least one instant life flask is mandatory for any life based build.

All these things are the reason why I currently do not use a taste of hate for mapping. (also no lion's roar, but I don't like knockback for this build anyways).
As a replacement I use a basalt flask for the physical damage mitigation and a sulphur flask for a not too shaby dps boost, which combined allow me to cover my shock/freeze immunity.

When I will finally be ready to take on a few of the end game bosses I will probably switch out one or two flasks for taste/lion's. But this is yet do be decided.

My Character:

You can check out my gear/jewels and skill tree here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Bymen (Char: easeClone)

If you have any HC related questions or specific questions abut my variation of this build, feel free to ask. :)

Kudos for reaching level 94 in HC! You have my respect.

For handling of elemental reflect in HC, you can consider using

With that ring + Primeval Force, I don't think reflect will be of much problem anymore.

And thank you for sharing your HC experience here. I will be referencing your post in the guide so that it can benefit other players who want to try the build out in HC. :)
Last edited by kira1414 on Mar 27, 2017, 8:48:07 AM
"

Kudos for reaching level 94 in HC! You have my respect.

For handling of elemental reflect in HC, you can consider using

With that ring + Primeval Force, I don't think reflect will be of much problem anymore.

And thank you for sharing your HC experience here. I will be referencing your post in the guide so that it can benefit other players who want to try the build out in HC. :)

Thank you for the suggestion, but that ring has way too low HP for my taste. :)
I also do not use primeval force because of it.

I am currently at 9200 life. I don't know, but I just like a big health pool I guess. ;)
Hello,

Awesome build ! What do you think of replacing Carcass Jack with Bronn's Lithe ( assuming we can get the resistances / HP elsewhere )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info