[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Hi,
so I recently started playing poe and stumbled upon this build, which id like to try since its quite cheap. But in the duelist tree is basically skipped every as-enhancing point but went for physical dmg, same with bandits. Im wondering how bad this is for the build?
"
pEelnG wrote:
Hi,
so I recently started playing poe and stumbled upon this build, which id like to try since its quite cheap. But in the duelist tree is basically skipped every as-enhancing point but went for physical dmg, same with bandits. Im wondering how bad this is for the build?

Thanks for trying out this build. :)

I would say attack speed > physical damage because when cyclone hits more, it will proc molten bursts more often.

This is especially noticeable when you cast "Blood Rage" skill for the extra attack speed and frenzy charges.

I would say the tank version (without using Elemental Overload) of this build does not lack in damage. I was able to use it to clear Dark Forest map. Only dying once to the boss as I ran out of flask and it was a no regen map.
Updated recommended gears for alternate skill tree to include accuracy rings:

Alternate skill tree is lacking in chance to hit and you will want at least 300 accuracy on gears to push it above 80%. 90% chance to hit is optimal.

Also added pros & cons for alternate skill tree.
How you not get oneshotted vs exploding mobs or resurrected mobs that explode on spider kill? Or some boss hard hits?
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
need 5L setup plz
Hi again, what you can say about avatar of fire? Is it good for this build?
"
webas wrote:
How you not get oneshotted vs exploding mobs or resurrected mobs that explode on spider kill? Or some boss hard hits?

You cyclone through the mobs and don't stay at the same area. Doing that you generally can avoid those corpse explosion damage.

For boss fights, I always cast Enduring Warcry before engaging. I am using Taste of Hate and Lion's Roar in my flask setup and I pop them vs hard hitting bosses.

However, sometimes I hate Lion's Roar knock back because that actually lowers your damage as you hit the boss less often. Then again. Not all bosses can be knocked back so pretty much a give and take situation.

Lion's Roar knock back do have 1 advantage though. Bosses that do get knocked back, they usually won't be able to perform their attack moves.

Some boss attacks you just have to maneuver around and evade it. They simply hit too hard.

________________________________________________________________________________

"
freedomcm wrote:
need 5L setup plz

My bad for not including the 5L setup. I have updated the guide to include that and let me include it here too:

5L Setup For Carcass Jack

________________________________________________________________________________

"
Hi again, what you can say about avatar of fire? Is it good for this build?

I am assuming you are referring to Avatar of Fire provided by Xoph's Blood amulet.

I would say Avatar of Fire makes reflect easier to handle because you only have 1 elemental damage type, which is fire. A ruby flask will allow you to tank through Elemental Reflect mob. You just have to pop the flask when you see one ahead.

Xoph's Blood 10% fire penetration + Ash is another reason why you want to use the amulet. Ash makes the mob takes 20% increased fire damage and it also slows their movement down by 20%.
Last edited by kira1414 on Jan 18, 2017, 4:37:38 AM
T16 Minotaur map cleared with this build.

2 deaths from stacked rocks. I would say this build can definitely do Minotaur map.
Hi, Im new player and I am looking for some good dualist build for not very advanced players.
Could you advise me something in this topic?

It does not necessarily have to be a dualist.
"
Surturm wrote:
Hi, Im new player and I am looking for some good dualist build for not very advanced players.
Could you advise me something in this topic?

It does not necessarily have to be a dualist.

As a start, you can follow the leveling tree advancing from level 25 -> 55 -> 75 -> 95.

You can use Ancestral Warchief once you reach level 28 and use that as your main attack while leveling to level 55.

You can use this weapon when you reach level 13

Once you reach level 33, you can switch to this

Use this when you reach level 45 (optional)

and you can switch to the end game weapon when you reach level 55

Assuming you have

You can use this gem setup for leveling once you reach level 28:

and add this gem when you reach level 38

Once you reached level 55 and switch to Ngamahu's Flame, you can clear Normal & Cruel Lab to obtain "Bane of Legend" and "Headsman" from the ascendancy tree.

When you reach level 75, you can proceed to clear Merciless and Uber lab for "Endless Hunger" and "Brutal Fervour".

For lab, uber lab can be a chore if you are not used to running uber labs. If it gets too hard, you can wait till level 80+ before attempting uber lab when you have more toughness from endurance charge + life nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info