[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam
Did some 4L gem setup tests and came up with a better one, replacing
Old 4L Setup
New 4L Setup
With Flammability, mobs just melt.
Updated the guide to reflect this change.
I really liked your build, but, as an spammer of cyclone, i have a bit of friendly tips (Excuse me for my bad english, i hope you can understand it)
1. Leveling is easy for me, until cyclone, with
Molten Strike+Weapon Elemental Damage+Melee Splash+Lesser Proyectiles.
A lot of one target dmg and not bad AOE clear. Also i got a Limbsplit Woodsplitter. (Im trying to play as im in a new league, no tabula, no more uniques)
2. Instead using so much supports for ancestral warchief, i suggest to use Vaal Cyclone, pretty good to clear areas. Maybe vaal haste too (Didnt get to maps, too, just my opinion, i will test it)
3. I think, this part of the tree is better. Just testing, but i get more AS so more molten strikes from ngamahu's flame
Really hope i can help you, never played cyclone slayer, juggernaut was always my choose, but your build's dmg is very impresive. Keep going on it.
Glad you like the build. :)
1. I have never tried using Molten Strike to level. Next time I shall try that. Thanks for that suggestion.
2. Like (1), never used Vaal Cyclone before cos I don't like the soul part of it but definitely something that can be tried.
3. Initially when I was creating this build using poeplanner, my main objective was to clear Uber Izaro with ease. The 20% more damage when on low life (35% health) from Executioner will bring Uber Izaro's 3rd phase health down really fast. Thus that pick. And there is no buff from the node that goes unused because Resolute Technique don't require any accuracy (Slaughter provides 25% more accuracy).
However, your suggestion will definitely fit into the alternate skill tree (post #2) because it requires good amount of accuracy to work more efficiently. I will update the alternate tree to fit that in. Thanks for the input. :)
In fact I am intending to turn the alternate tree into a min/max setup.
I have just tested this ring
and it is a definite ring slot for min/max setup.
The Taming couples so well with
but main drawback, you lose a lot of toughness wearing this couple rings.
nice build. I've got to level 56 very easily. It levels quite fast even until 55 - but even much better with the Ngamahus :)
Maybe you could add something for people who are not familiar with playing 2h melee chars:
I've leveled with either molten strike or sunder until I could use cyclone.
Fastest way is to put on a Tabula Rasa then.
I've proceeded with this weapons on my way:
The Hrimnors brought me to level 55, still a bit over 11k cyclone dmg and 8.5k warchief with hatred&hoa.
All these axes are very cheap, didn't die so far, not even close.
The Tabula is still being used until I can equip the Carcass, works even fine in Merciless so far.
Thought this might help some players on their way.
on Jan 22, 2017, 8:33:09 AM
You were right about passive tree, uber izaro tooks waaaay easy with that increased damage. Tested 2-3 times, so easy to do it. Just want to suggest, in the tanky build, you can add Arctic armour for doing hard melee bosses, mana pool is low, but enough to mantain perma cyclone with the mana leech. Hope it can helps you a bit. Awesome build buddy
Great build, keep up the good work!
Any recommendation on head enchants?
Thank you for the input. It is very useful for new players when it comes to leveling. :)
I would say Arctic Armor isn't useful because you only gain the fire and physical damage reduction when you are stationary. Cyclone is more of a mobility type of skill.
Glad you are enjoying it. :)
Various good enchantments for helm:
- % Increased Cyclone Attack Speed
- % Increased Cyclone Damage
- % Increased Flammability Curse Effect
- % Reduced Purity of Fire Mana Reservation (less important)
- % Reduced Herald of Ash Mana Reservation (less important)
Purity of Fire is an alternate gem setup (that I will be including in the guide soon) to better handle single elemental reflect mob in map. You can easily tank through elemental reflect (regardless of map tier) when you pop the Ruby flask.
However, even with Purity of Fire setup, elemental reflect map is still discouraged cos chances of large reflect spike is high over there. Especially if you run into totem (or mob) that gives invulnerability to nearby allies.
Added following alternate 4L setup into the guide for tank version (post #1):
At least Enlighten 3 (you will need to pop mana flask more frequently) is needed for the following 4L, Enlighten 4 is preferred so you will have almost zero mana issues during mapping:
Purity of Fire setup is to better handle single elemental reflect mob at higher map tier when Ruby flask alone is not sufficient to tank through. With Purity of Fire + Ruby, single elemental reflect mob is no longer an issue.
However, elemental reflect maps is still discouraged. Large reflect spike exist mostly due to:
- Totems that gives invulnerability to allies
- Rare mob that gives invulnerability to allies
- Boss that gives invulnerability to allies
I lost 10% experience testing the above so do elemental reflect map at your own risk. ;)
Added magic finding into the guide for tank build (post #1).
Any of you want some magic finding to farm for more currencies?
Yes. You can mix some magic finding gears into this build without taking a hit on damage:
Instead of Aurseize gloves, you can replace it with a pair of rare gloves that provide more toughness and stats with okay magic find.
Even with just 2 x Ventor rings, you will have great drops running maps. Especially in breaches.
EDIT: Added sample rare magic find gloves for reference.
Last edited by kira1414 on Jan 24, 2017, 3:50:36 AM
Thanks for the guide, i'm thoroughly enjoying the build! So far its pretty cheap i guess, the 3 main items cost me a grand total of 51 chaos! The only problem so far is that i cant get 3 red sockets, 1 green and 1 blue on the Carcass Jack (its a 5L). Anything you can suggest me?
Last edited by d3monas on Jan 24, 2017, 4:12:51 AM