[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

How do you get enough intelligence earlier on (and also later) to use max leveled intelligence-based support gems and stuff? I'm currently leveling a duelist with this build in mind and loving it so far, but my int is very low and I'm a bit worried I won't be able to use int-heavy stuff in a little while. I do notice that later on (at the level 75 tree) you have +64 to intelligence total, which is not bad, and I guess a piece of gear or two with + to that stat would settle it.

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere in this thread already - I couldn't find a way to search this thread alone, even with the google site: method. >_<

I have a question - do you get to keep the damage permanently for each ignite in the taming/emberwake combo, or does the it have a duration?
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
HI KIRA NOW I CAN SOLO ESH BREACH?
I HAVE FLASK

THANK
"
areukiddingme wrote:
"
Carnage heart provide more damage on tooltip but Xoph's Blood provide more actual damage. Without Xoph's Blood, 50% of your damage are not optimized for the fire penetration that you are obtaining. You are also losing the damage buff provided by Ash effect of Xoph's Blood.

Thanks for explaining. By the way, can u check my character(name Vexento)?What do i need to get my dps higher?Currently have 34k on tooltip. Bosses not a problem at all, but minotaur fell very slow. Idk how u guys getting 70k+ on tooltip.

Concentrated effect for Cyclone, rings with weapon elemental damage, level 20/21 + 20% gems, jewels and high character level will get your tool tip over 80K.

"
Zalmoxis wrote:

Do you think Hrimnor is a good alternative? I kind of like the added hp, dmg and decent armour and res. Plus the cannot be chilled is godly with this build.

Using this belt as a cheap way to have res and dmg. I think it works nicely with the build.

Also noticed this interesting jewel. Is it worth putting it or just go with %max hp and some dmg jewels?

Oh and can you please clarify something: is it necessary for the axe to have the sockets linked or it really has no importance?

Hrimnor is a great helm but you will need to test if the anti freeze will trigger from molten burst. If it does, it means you can replace anti freeze flask.

Wildfire jewel is only good if you are using Molten Strike and not Cyclone. The 2 additional projectiles only apply to Molten Strike.

Magnate belt is good belt too. Definitely usable for the build but a very well rolled rare rustic belt will be better.

You only need 6 sockets for the axe. You don't need any link on it. :)

"
Vystra wrote:
How do you get enough intelligence earlier on (and also later) to use max leveled intelligence-based support gems and stuff? I'm currently leveling a duelist with this build in mind and loving it so far, but my int is very low and I'm a bit worried I won't be able to use int-heavy stuff in a little while. I do notice that later on (at the level 75 tree) you have +64 to intelligence total, which is not bad, and I guess a piece of gear or two with + to that stat would settle it.

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere in this thread already - I couldn't find a way to search this thread alone, even with the google site: method. >_<

You can get intelligence from rings and amulet.

is a great ring for the stats it provides. :)

"
mattislouie wrote:
I have a question - do you get to keep the damage permanently for each ignite in the taming/emberwake combo, or does the it have a duration?

Ignite is not permanent. The base duration is 4 seconds. Temporal chain can extend its duration.

"
thantaimetmoi wrote:
HI KIRA NOW I CAN SOLO ESH BREACH?
I HAVE FLASK

THANK

Vessel of Vinktak is not a good flask for the build. You will take extra damage from shock unless you have anti shock flask. Instead a regular Topaz flask is better.

Wise Oak is another flask you can use.

Make sure your lightning resist is lowest. With those 2, you will be able to handle Esh much easily.
Anyone else notice that this build would be way better as a clear speed mapper if it was raider instead of slayer?
"
kira1414 wrote:
Concentrated effect for Cyclone, rings with weapon elemental damage, level 20/21 + 20% gems, jewels and high character level will get your tool tip over 80K.

Okay, but what should i do now?Have 10 ex and want to buy atziri gloves, is there any better option?

"
kira1414 wrote:

"
Zalmoxis wrote:

Do you think Hrimnor is a good alternative? I kind of like the added hp, dmg and decent armour and res. Plus the cannot be chilled is godly with this build.

Using this belt as a cheap way to have res and dmg. I think it works nicely with the build.

Also noticed this interesting jewel. Is it worth putting it or just go with %max hp and some dmg jewels?

Oh and can you please clarify something: is it necessary for the axe to have the sockets linked or it really has no importance?

Hrimnor is a great helm but you will need to test if the anti freeze will trigger from molten burst. If it does, it means you can replace anti freeze flask.

Wildfire jewel is only good if you are using Molten Strike and not Cyclone. The 2 additional projectiles only apply to Molten Strike.

Magnate belt is good belt too. Definitely usable for the build but a very well rolled rare rustic belt will be better.

You only need 6 sockets for the axe. You don't need any link on it. :)

Thanks for the input. And yes, from what I have seen Hrimon's anti freeze works with the axe. I never get frozen if I get the molten strike going. It's more than helpful on maps haha.
IGN = Zalmoxis
Shop = 529687
"
doesnotcare wrote:
Anyone else notice that this build would be way better as a clear speed mapper if it was raider instead of slayer?

played a cyclone raider last league and agree it has faster clear speed (not by too much tho)

but for lab farming slayer>>>raider, over kill leech for traps is great and culling for the 3rd phase is amazing
[SSF INFO REGARDING THIS BUILD]

Maybe not very noteworthy, but I saw someone asking if this build is SSF viable so I guess I could share my experience so far.

I assume whoever is looking to run this build at the very minimum already got lucky with the
dropping since it would be pretty silly otherwise.

Before I start I also want to point out that this is the first league I ever played in POE and my experience of the game prior to Legacy League consists of maybe a week of play time in Standard. I leveled up several characters before starting an EQ slayer (found
and couldn't help myself), while doing some prohpecy stuff in the prison I cam across the weapon needed for this build and adjusted my tree accordingly.

To make long story short, it is totally doable, depending on what you want to do and how fast you want to do it. So far I killed regular Atziri deathless with a Tabula rasa on. Unfortunately progression is pretty slow in SSF so the highest tier map I've found is T13 which was really easy. I wish I could find better maps because it's really not any challenge on my current tiers.

I did however not manage to do Esh breach stone :< But I think I attempted it way too soon, basically I was like level 74 or so and never seen or tried that fight before. I am still looking for my last trial so I can run uber lab.

I am running a slightly modified version of the elemental wheel tree: www.poeurl.com/bdNu

- Added some ele resists because it's actually easier to get decent uniques than crafting decent
rares. As is I am over capped on all res (except chaos).

- I specced out of most sockets as well, because, well SSF. Will make adjustments if I find/roll any good jewels.

- Specced into some more atk speed as well.

My current gear:

So you farm some divinations for the helmet & aqueducts for the Tabula and you're good to go.

Waiting to 5-link:

Spent some 300ish fuses now because I refuse to give up and pay 120 fuses for it when I am already so commited ;D Blehhh. pretty sure it could work as a decent placeholder for carcass jack.

Sorry for the wall of text but I always try and find SSF comments on builds when I look through the forums since I am strictly playing SSF and it's frustrating to realize that "budget" does not always mean SSF compatible ;D Maybe this will help someone.

Thanks for the build kira1414

Last edited by enyaisrave on Mar 26, 2017, 5:11:15 PM
Last edited by davc1234567890 on Mar 26, 2017, 6:12:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info