[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Hi, i need some help with the build.. im struggling to get more dps, i was using a carnage heart and had like 30k dps, then i finally bought xoph's and my dps went down to 20k (WTF), and it was the only gear i changed.. i really liked the build.. but i kinda stuck, please help me

Spoiler
Hello kira, nice build thread. I have been following this for a while as i made my build and tweeked it. Here is a Link to my guy he is HardCoreLegacy lvl 87 http://poe-profile.info/profile/IcyStylez/TijuanBusDriver

He has 7.2k life 236% life . If you notice anything wrong or improvable about this guy point it out, its been a while since i played a life melee build.

I have been testing armor currently and i REALLY need a 6 link lol. I can safely say that carcass jack doesnt give enough defense for HC it feels like a softcore luxury. I switched to daresso's for the time being. Im trying to make him strong enough to do guardians, but hes not quite there yet. I still have Uber trials to find so im missing my last 2 ascendancy nodes. Hopefully i will be able to get cyclone dmg enchant on my Devoto's that ill be switching to soon.

I have about 300 chaos right now i am going to invest to make him tougher. Deciding between a 6link armor for cyclone (75-200c) or Xoph's Blood (150c). any ideas?

I had a couple things iv been thinking about while building this guy--->

1. Anyone else think that Executioner node is kinda worthless? Besides the %phys, the 20% extra dmg against low life enemies doesnt make alot of sense when anything under 20% that gets hit already is culled. And if you think about the overkill dmg/LL that your losing due to you killing them earlier in their life pool.

2. I am curious has anyone tried to get Elemental Equilibrium to work, an extra -50 fire from cyclone could be amazing for the molten burst hits. (without xophs obviously) Could fire pen even go past -100%?

3. Has anyone tried a cast on melee kill setup with cyclone that energizes well with this build?

4. Do I need really need Vitality Void? 3 extra points sounds better to me because the life leech is already really high from the ascendancy + daresso's .6% LL

Thanks for reading, any input is welcome and encouraged. -Icy

#alphalife
"
TiagoRox wrote:
Hi, i posted few days ago.

I couldnt do Uber lab, but i decided to pay someone to do it for me, so i got the 2 last ascendancy.

At first i was afraid to try uber lab alone. But yesterday i did it 4 times. I think it was only possible because these 2 ascendancy points + changed all my flask setup + 5L belly of the beast (with this i have almost 6k life).

But i dont think these attempts paid off, because 3 times i got only 3 keys and 1 time i got only 2 keys (every run i killed Argus). The problem is that i can't kill him fast enough before kill the lieutenants.

- How do you deal with it? (lieutenants)
- How could i improve my build?
- Should i change any of mine gems setup or skill tree? Ngamahu Cyclone Slayer

my gear

The only way is to have more damage to burst Izaro down fast so that lieutenants don't get in the way and getting killed in the event.

Xoph's blood will be your next DPS upgrade. Also consider getting Wise Oak flask. It provides 20% more fire penetration.

For your skill tree, Wrecking Ball is better than Executioner. You can consider switching over to that. You are also missing Lava Lash cluster. That will give you more fire damage too.

"
Karniagod wrote:
Hello

I only want to farm Uber Lab.

Can someone tell me the best gems setup for it? Cwdt with immortal call is not safer?

Also same question for gear : best setup for Uber Lab only. Is Daresso's Defiance not better / safer than Carcass? I think it's better to be tankier, prefer slower kill but safer :D...

Thanks for your answers <3

CWDT with Immortal Call is not needed but you can always go for it if you feel it helps.

As long as you have 5.5k life and 3000 armour, using any chest (even Tabula) is pretty fine in handling uber lab. :)

"
Kaozuke wrote:
Its a good option change purity of fire for enfeeble?

With the introduction of Primeval Force in 2.6, you no longer need purity of fire. :)

"
Zareva wrote:
Hello,

I would like to thank @kira1414 for your build. It was the first time I choose Duelist since Ascendancy and was the really first time I try Cyclone. I play only on temporary hardcore league and I had apprehension to play 2H char, but after playing a 2H Berserker Dual Ancestral Warchief last league, I'm so glad that I made the step to try your build.

I have start immediately on 2H with rare weapons until 18 (Wideswing) and I switch a last time @27 (Geofri's Baptism) before Ngamahu's Flame @55. I have played Ground Slam/Cleave/Sweep and Ancestral Protector linked with Melee Splash until I could equip Cyclone and Ancestral Warchief. I never felt the need to chance Cyclone since 28.

I'm lvl 71 right now, still alive ! I have start map since 2 lvl thought.

My Gear

I planned to 5L/6L my Daresso's Defiance and try a Sibyl's Lament on left ring slot (if I switch now, I will be uncap fire/cold). And yes, my second ring is really ugly. :D

Since and even before I equip my Daresso's Defiance, I never pressed my key for Enduring Cry, it's magic ! I lost my endurance charges only with ranged damage, and as I rape all white/blue mobs, it's not a issue.

And sorry for my English, it's not my mother tongue. =)

Sibyl's Lament is a great ring. With it, you don't need a ruby flask at all to handle elemental reflect. :)

"
Hey everyone I decided to switch off from slayer EQ the other night and switched to this build. I was wondering if I could get some advice as to what to upgrade on my gear next. The sheet dps on cyclone when buffed is around 120k and my life is at 5.7k all res are capped. Thanks and hope to hear back from you guys.

Ps is purity of fire 100% needed? Still fairly new so I don't know why I should use it

Edit. Nvm I scrolled a bit back and see that purity isn't needed anymore. Still need help with everything else

You can consider getting Wise Oak flask to further boost your damage. Dying Sun is another upgrade you can aim for.

"
Coamenel wrote:
Hi, i need some help with the build.. im struggling to get more dps, i was using a carnage heart and had like 30k dps, then i finally bought xoph's and my dps went down to 20k (WTF), and it was the only gear i changed.. i really liked the build.. but i kinda stuck, please help me

Spoiler

Xoph's Blood should provide you more damage. You can easily see the damage buff when you map with the new amulet. Your character is hidden so I am not able to take a more detail look at it.

"
IcyStylez wrote:
Hello kira, nice build thread. I have been following this for a while as i made my build and tweeked it. Here is a Link to my guy he is HardCoreLegacy lvl 87 http://poe-profile.info/profile/IcyStylez/TijuanBusDriver

He has 7.2k life 236% life . If you notice anything wrong or improvable about this guy point it out, its been a while since i played a life melee build.

I have been testing armor currently and i REALLY need a 6 link lol. I can safely say that carcass jack doesnt give enough defense for HC it feels like a softcore luxury. I switched to daresso's for the time being. Im trying to make him strong enough to do guardians, but hes not quite there yet. I still have Uber trials to find so im missing my last 2 ascendancy nodes. Hopefully i will be able to get cyclone dmg enchant on my Devoto's that ill be switching to soon.

I have about 300 chaos right now i am going to invest to make him tougher. Deciding between a 6link armor for cyclone (75-200c) or Xoph's Blood (150c). any ideas?

I had a couple things iv been thinking about while building this guy--->

1. Anyone else think that Executioner node is kinda worthless? Besides the %phys, the 20% extra dmg against low life enemies doesnt make alot of sense when anything under 20% that gets hit already is culled. And if you think about the overkill dmg/LL that your losing due to you killing them earlier in their life pool.

2. I am curious has anyone tried to get Elemental Equilibrium to work, an extra -50 fire from cyclone could be amazing for the molten burst hits. (without xophs obviously) Could fire pen even go past -100%?

3. Has anyone tried a cast on melee kill setup with cyclone that energizes well with this build?

4. Do I need really need Vitality Void? 3 extra points sounds better to me because the life leech is already really high from the ascendancy + daresso's .6% LL

Thanks for reading, any input is welcome and encouraged. -Icy

Nicely geared HC character.

Choosing between 6L chest and Xoph's Blood, you will get more damage from the latter. But elemental reflect will become a problem so you will definitely need ruby flask. You can consider using Sibyl's Lament ring to handle elemental reflect. Definitely get Primeval Force at the right side of the tree. Besides providing more damage, it also gives you 10% elemental reflect reduction.

1) Executioner node works for anything below 30% life. Effectively more damage to burst down that 10% health of any mob. However, it will certainly be the first thing for me to give up if i needed the skill point else where. :)

2) Have not tried Elemental Equilibrium but it will certainly be great with its -50 resistance reduction. As to whether can fire penetration exceed 100%, that I have no idea. If it can, it will be very strong.

3) I have updated the main guide and cospri elemental overload guide to include a new setup for a very cheap way to get dual curses. Check it out.

4) Vitality void is really good in my view. I suppose you will want more leech if you are playing HC.
EDIT 1: After more tests, this does not work as there seems to be some interaction issues when it comes to proc-ing the curse. More tests need to be conducted to find out what is causing it to fail.

Spoiler

IGNORE THIS. NOT WORKING AT THE MOMENT.

I have added "Dual Curse Gem Setup" into Main guide.

For your convenience, you can see them here:

***** NEW ***** Dual Curse Gem Setup

This is a very cheap way to get dual curse without using Enlighten 4. It is made possible by making use of Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit gem.

You will need this:

and the gem configuration as follows:
"
"
Flammability + Temporal Chain

or
"
Flammability + Enfeeble

Other curse gems that you can mix and match:
"

The above gem configuration to obtain dual curses has also been added into 4L Gem Setup for Cospri Elemental Overload section.

The following serve as educational purpose.

EDIT 2:
After more tests using my SSF guy and comparing it with my Standard guy, the reason that the cheap way to proc dual curse is not working for this build is because:

1. It needs to shock an enemy first
2. You need to kill the shocked enemy, once you do, the curse will proc and spread to all nearby enemies
3. This will only work if you do not own Xoph's Blood
4. Even without Xoph's Blood, your damage is too high and the chances that the proc will occur is too low to make this setup worth the effort

When will the above setup work? Not for this build that is for certain. But if you are using builds that can incorporate lightning damage into it, the above setup will work great.

This end up as a failed experiment but the outcome will benefit other builds.

TLDR: Guess I got too excited when I got the setup to work on my SSF guy. ;)
Last edited by kira1414 on Mar 24, 2017, 5:32:18 AM
GOOD FOR BUILD? IM FOLLOW YOU BUILD
MY GEAR

THANK YOU
"
Coamenel wrote:

Spoiler

Your cyclone isnt your primary source of damage. Dont worry abouts tool tip. Your molten burst is where most of the damage comes from.
Trying to figure out the best way to add frenzies to this build.

Bloodrage
Dark ray +1 corrupt
Bandit frenzy reward

That gives me 6 charges. I feel this build can really benefit from the increased attack and movement. Ima try and get 7. Thoughts?
Also could use self flagellation for the extra curse.
"
Kaozuke wrote:
Its a good option change purity of fire for enfeeble?

I use enfeeble on sc, the added defense allows more careless play and dmg as far is fine.
may switch to flammability if extra dmg is needed, enfeeble tends to help with breaches
I feel satisfied with this build and kudos to kira for being one of the best out there in terms of answering questions and responding to feedback and improving.

Now i just feel with a couple tweaks it can be even faster. Should be trying to get frenzy imo. Makes things way faster. I was also looking at blood dance for that sexy increased damage buff and auto charges plus regen. Thats 300 life regen per second in addition to a golem. Just makes things a bit tankier. I will be messing around later. Going to min max. Going with steel rings and the proj gloves. Cant make up the losses from using the fire rings and i dunno if the cospris is worth what you lose when you can use a jewel or corrupted item.

Id like to play around with ele overload too. See what works.

I think ima go all out with this build and stay with it. Maybe a new build halfway through league.
Last edited by Planisphaerium on Mar 24, 2017, 12:18:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info