EXALTED ORB Price Shenanigans [Delirium] 127:1 What is even going on?

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
question .. what exactly do people spend exa on at this point anyway?

Crafting? Buying items? Not everyone only plays the first few weeks.

EDIT: If exalts were 1:20 Chaos, I would craft quite a bit. Would be fun, but GGG doesn't want us to engage in those endgame-fun activities.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Sep 22, 2017, 10:28:44 AM
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

EDIT: If exalts were 1:20 Chaos, I would craft quite a bit. Would be fun, but GGG doesn't want us to engage in those endgame-fun activities.

why craft when you can buy, why buy with exa when you can buy with chaos? at this point the economy has settled to the point where it is easier to just outright purchase rather than risk crafting especially if exa are going back to .. too expensive to really yolo territory
82:1 Going down in the middle of the League, because why not.

Or maybe people realised that Harbinger will last 2 more months only recently? :)

I thought it will be normal 3 months long League for a long time though.

Last edited by SunL4D2 on Oct 9, 2017, 3:03:08 PM
Ancient orbs and exalts were massively pricefixed and some peope might have started panic selling :P
And it's going down again?

Why ;_;

"
krenderke wrote:
Ancient orbs and exalts were massively pricefixed and some peope might have started panic selling :P

I don't think so. Exalts were naturally going up. Ancient orbs are just that valuable due to their rarity and what they do (chance for that HH).
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Oct 10, 2017, 2:14:01 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

why craft when you can buy, why buy with exa when you can buy with chaos? at this point the economy has settled to the point where it is easier to just outright purchase rather than risk crafting especially if exa are going back to .. too expensive to really yolo territory

Real items cost more than the amount of chaos you can put in the trade window :P

Granted you can do more than 1 trade but I'd rather not deal with those shenanigans.
84:1? No idea if you actually can get them with that ratio though.
its the same every league. why? because its predictable.

early league chaos are revered so exalts are low chaos price because nobody cares about exalts and chaos are more valued.
mid league its the opposite. nobody cares about chaos as everybody has piles of them at this point and exalts are more revered and valuable for crafting and trade. thus exalt prices rise.
"
xMustard wrote:
its the same every league. why? because its predictable.

early league chaos are revered so exalts are low chaos price because nobody cares about exalts and chaos are more valued.
mid league its the opposite. nobody cares about chaos as everybody has piles of them at this point and exalts are more revered and valuable for crafting and trade. thus exalt prices rise.

This. It happens like every league. The back and forth between 75c and 95c is pretty common.

There is a level of price fixing for sure though, it was shocking to see exalts float at under 30c for almost 2 weeks. I don't think I'd ever seen them stay that low, for that long, that late into a league. Think about it- an exalt was equal to 15 unid chaos recipe. Exalts drop way less often than it takes to turn in 15 chaos recipes. It should never ever have been that low for that long. I think it's mostly fine now.
price manip probably does happen, but not to a point where they go from 45c to 105c, like we did witness in this league.
that is not all price manip. not possible. not on that scale. sure, maybe drops and raises in 5-10c each can be attributed to price manip, but not everything that happens on the market is because of it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info