EXALTED ORB Price Shenanigans [Delirium] 127:1 What is even going on?

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
xMustard and Xavathos are asking to prove that bots exist.

I asked to prove their effect on the economy, namely exalts. I didn't ask if they exist. You all just seem such experts in the field of economy on this game, you must be crunching some serious numbers to come up with these figures and claims you make, all I'm asking is for you to share them, so that we all know you're not just pulling rabbits out of a hat. A bot could do that.

I know how it all works in theory, not asking you to explain that either, I'm asking for proof, evidence of the fact. I know, crazy right?

I laid out a detailed example of what happens. If you choose to ignore it, so be it.

And this "proof" you ask for is a complete cop out. You know full well the only ones with actual proof are the botters and RMTers themselves, and they arent on this forum worrying about exalt prices or even discussing the game in general. They are making money and doing something else with their lives.

And any that would come out and say they are, you would not believe, and they would get banned or edited off the forums anyways. I can attest to that personally just from something I mentioned in a thread. I dont know if I'm allowed to talk about punishments without getting in trouble so I'll leave it at that.

Exalts are the SoJ's of PoE. Exalts are the primary trade currency. Bots print chaos, and in turn, stockpile Exalts for resell. They increasingly raise the price on exalts, because they dont care how much chaos they cost; those are basically free to bots. So they continually drain the economy of exalts, nonstop, stocking them up for people to buy for real cash. Do you think they care about the first 30 people with exalts listed? Thats for normal players trying to save a couple pennies, I mean chaos. All they care about is having the exalt stock required when someone swipes that credit card on their site, and/or getting enough when the order comes in. Thats it. That drains the exalts, floods the economy with chaos(I wouldn't doubt they just do unid for 2c all day on exalt card maps), and raises the price on exalts.

Arpg's are huge business. More than most people have any idea of. Luckily, I had some inside knowledge during D2/D3, because thats what my friend did for a living. So I know full well from personal experience and contacts what the RMT market is like, and that is exactly what drives the prices in all these games.
"
Destructodave wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
xMustard and Xavathos are asking to prove that bots exist.

I asked to prove their effect on the economy, namely exalts. I didn't ask if they exist. You all just seem such experts in the field of economy on this game, you must be crunching some serious numbers to come up with these figures and claims you make, all I'm asking is for you to share them, so that we all know you're not just pulling rabbits out of a hat. A bot could do that.

I know how it all works in theory, not asking you to explain that either, I'm asking for proof, evidence of the fact. I know, crazy right?

I laid out a detailed example of what happens. If you choose to ignore it, so be it.

And this "proof" you ask for is a complete cop out. You know full well the only ones with actual proof are the botters and RMTers themselves, and they arent on this forum worrying about exalt prices or even discussing the game in general. They are making money and doing something else with their lives.

And any that would come out and say they are, you would not believe, and they would get banned or edited off the forums anyways. I can attest to that personally just from something I mentioned in a thread. I dont know if I'm allowed to talk about punishments without getting in trouble so I'll leave it at that.

Exalts are the SoJ's of PoE. Exalts are the primary trade currency. Bots print chaos, and in turn, stockpile Exalts for resell. They increasingly raise the price on exalts, because they dont care how much chaos they cost; those are basically free to bots. So they continually drain the economy of exalts, nonstop, stocking them up for people to buy for real cash. Do you think they care about the first 30 people with exalts listed? Thats for normal players trying to save a couple pennies, I mean chaos. All they care about is having the exalt stock required when someone swipes that credit card on their site, and/or getting enough when the order comes in. Thats it. That drains the exalts, floods the economy with chaos(I wouldn't doubt they just do unid for 2c all day on exalt card maps), and raises the price on exalts.

Arpg's are huge business. More than most people have any idea of. Luckily, I had some inside knowledge during D2/D3, because thats what my friend did for a living. So I know full well from personal experience and contacts what the RMT market is like, and that is exactly what drives the prices in all these games.

It's not a cop out. If you say it exists and works this way, it should be something that can be indicated. How else did you come up with this idea?

Or did you really just apply some logic and assumed everything else from there? Because this is a serious topic with potentially serious impact, it should not be treated as a joke. Don't you agree?
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
I just want to remind everyone that there is a Chaos vendor recipe that allows you to convert whole set of common "rare" items into chaos currency.

So yeah, botters don't even have to farm specifically for chaos currency to get it in a very consistent way every minute or every couple of minutes.
Last edited by kentrylix on Apr 2, 2019, 3:59:56 AM
"
kentrylix wrote:
I just want to remind everyone that there is a Chaos vendor recipe that allows you to convert whole set of common "rare" items into chaos currency.

So yeah, botters don't even have to farm specifically for chaos currency to get it in a very consistent way every minute or every couple of minutes.

I wonder if bots are good enough nowadays to farm Delve or Incursions / Temples.

Jewellry is bottleneck when it comes to chaos recipe and Delve's abundant jewellry nodes help a lot. Temple is less effective for that, but there is still Jewellry room and loootsplossions from Incursions.
Come guys there no blotting programs out there anymore there dead d3 shut the only one down . And that's a good thing
"
Waycoolozs wrote:
Come guys there no blotting programs out there anymore there dead d3 shut the only one down . And that's a good thing

Really? Then why can you still buy bounties from botters?

As many Bounties as your credit card or forum gold can afford. And those aren't self farmed. Botted.

That ought to tell you all you need to know about bots/RMT in Arpgs. When people still turn a profit and sell bounties of all things in D3, you really think bots aren't a problem in PoE?
Its not just bots and the script kiddies. Its third world farmers also.

You would have to be a complete idiot to not see what happens with the currency market every league.

Another example are just looking at player characters.

2-3 weeks into a league you will see alot of folks with 50+ ex in gear. they are just lucky. And that luck continues league after league.

Or the guy that magically gets a headhunter within the first two weeks of every league. Hes just so lucky.

For GGG this is an excepted part of the game. Its not going to change. Players that spend currency in other venues are also the same players that spend money for mtx.

Bots, scammers, cheaters, pay to win, etc are all counted as players when the bottom line is factored. Poe is a business and its all about the bottom line.

NS
145+ for 1 Ex.
This guy want's proof lmfao.

Simple, Ban-wave happened early on in the league and exalts stayed at around 80-90 each because the bot's were gone and had to update their clients to bypass the anti-cheat or they would just get banned again so their was very few of them around for a while.

Then the bot's came back started hoarding exalts and they raised the price back up to 140+ each within a few days.

Exalt's literally went from being 80-90 each up to 130+ within 24 hours.

If you buy up all the exalts then the price goes up, and if the Chaos:Exalt ratio goes up so does the $$$:exalt ratio for RMT's.

The whole point is to drive up the chaos:exalt ratio so that you can charge more $$$ per exalt.

It's not some secret anyone with even a small bit of knowledge can figure this out.

1:140+ ♬ Back in forth like waves you keep pushing me away. ♬
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 4, 2019, 10:04:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info