[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

"
leary93 wrote:
"
HSTLnormann wrote:
Im following this thread, new to the game and summoners. I tried to get the map tier spectres too (flame sentinels), but they won't spawn with desecrate. My gem is lvl 19, so it should work?

So here's how that works.

1. You need to make sure that you have flame sentinels active from eternal lab (or another zone)
2. Enter a map, not every map works, but most will. Each map has a specific table of mobs which it can contain, if flame sentinels are on that table, it will work. Maps work are for example promenade and overgrown shrine.
3. Now you need to spawn desecrate. Be patient with this, because there is a lot of rng involved, and it sometimes takes me up to 10-20 desecrates to spawn the corpse im looking for. (generally a map contains ~10-20ish different mob types. Even if its best case scenario (10 different types), spawning 7 desecrates still has a 10% chance of not giving the mob you're looking for ignoring weighting.

Did you try today? It seems that it might be very few maps, did exactly what you just said in all the maps i ran today, no luck. So i guess the trick is having a high tier map, where im sure they spawn, laying in my stash, so everytime i log in i will start with doing that map? Just wondering..
"
HSTLnormann wrote:
"
leary93 wrote:
"
HSTLnormann wrote:
Im following this thread, new to the game and summoners. I tried to get the map tier spectres too (flame sentinels), but they won't spawn with desecrate. My gem is lvl 19, so it should work?

So here's how that works.

1. You need to make sure that you have flame sentinels active from eternal lab (or another zone)
2. Enter a map, not every map works, but most will. Each map has a specific table of mobs which it can contain, if flame sentinels are on that table, it will work. Maps work are for example promenade and overgrown shrine.
3. Now you need to spawn desecrate. Be patient with this, because there is a lot of rng involved, and it sometimes takes me up to 10-20 desecrates to spawn the corpse im looking for. (generally a map contains ~10-20ish different mob types. Even if its best case scenario (10 different types), spawning 7 desecrates still has a 10% chance of not giving the mob you're looking for ignoring weighting.

Did you try today? It seems that it might be very few maps, did exactly what you just said in all the maps i ran today, no luck. So i guess the trick is having a high tier map, where im sure they spawn, laying in my stash, so everytime i log in i will start with doing that map? Just wondering..

The trick works, even with very rare spectres like slashed miscreations. As I mentioned, its a bit rng dependant. also, make sure your map doesnt have any "area containt X" mod, because that will also prevent it. Ill try to make a video about it down the line, but for now just try it. If you're really unsure, the trick is guaranteed to work on any t16 and shaper map. (tho that might not be in your access yet). Strand is another very good map for it since to my knowledge it can spawn most of the mobs normally summoned.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
^^ it seem s to take an awful lot of flame sentinels i got them in overgrown ruin and each sentinel took about 15 desecrates so something like 45 in total for 3 of them. Atm im playing hybrid golem/spectre ci the sentinels ripped a short time later :( the fire cannibals are easy to get though.
Edit i found scriptorium pretty easy to get flame sentinels though.
Last edited by Fhark on Jan 13, 2017, 9:42:52 PM
Would united in dreams be better than midnight bargain?
"
leary93 wrote:
Hey Wolf!

Back again. I just did shaper with blade vortex spectres instead of cannibal fire-eaters, and its an extremely clean kill. Have you tried sucha a setup out yet? If not, I would insist you'd try, u might get converted to the Demonic side *mwuahahahahah*

Get it? Demonic. Slashed miscreations. nvm, bad joke :P

Was just wondering what links you used for the Slashed Miscreations?
"
bobrosney wrote:
"
leary93 wrote:
Hey Wolf!

Back again. I just did shaper with blade vortex spectres instead of cannibal fire-eaters, and its an extremely clean kill. Have you tried sucha a setup out yet? If not, I would insist you'd try, u might get converted to the Demonic side *mwuahahahahah*

Get it? Demonic. Slashed miscreations. nvm, bad joke :P

Was just wondering what links you used for the Slashed Miscreations?

Raise spectre - Added chaos (lvl 21) - Minion damage - Void manip - Increased duration - conc effect/Inc aoe
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Hey I don't know if it's worth losing a +2 to socketed minion gems helmet over but I've been toying with a setup that allows me to run Anger, all three purities, discipline, haste, and 2 blasphemy auras.

However, you'd have to give up generosity and therefore ele equilibrium setup becomes obsolete.

I think this is pretty good.

"
Hey I don't know if it's worth losing a +2 to socketed minion gems helmet over but I've been toying with a setup that allows me to run Anger, all three purities, discipline, haste, and 2 blasphemy auras.

However, you'd have to give up generosity and therefore ele equilibrium setup becomes obsolete.

I have exactly the same setup with clarity lv1 as a 7th aura, but I'm using bones +1 (in waiting enlighten 4)

"
"

I have exactly the same setup with clarity lv1 as a 7th aura, but I'm using bones +1 (in waiting enlighten 4)

The setup works very well from what I've tested. I cannot fit in a clarity lvl 1 without reserving too much mana such that I can no longer use convocation or offering. However with a lvl 4 enlighten I can get barely enough (31 or 41 mana unreserved).

I'm also considering flame dash since I have an empty socket on my midnight bargain. With the commander of darkness node flame dash feels so smooth and does not need any faster casting support gem. Another option would be another vaal discipline.

Honestly I am not sure if a lvl 1 clarity is worth the 10% increased damage and 5% attack and cast speed since it takes up a slot AND requires a lvl 4 enlighten to work (well in my case). But I am still unsure. It's either clarity, flame dash, or another vaal discipline (the setup is already extremely safe though; it's unbelievable).
"
"
"

The setup works very well from what I've tested. I cannot fit in a clarity lvl 1 without reserving too much mana such that I can no longer use convocation or offering. However with a lvl 4 enlighten I can get barely enough (31 or 41 mana unreserved).

I'm also considering flame dash since I have an empty socket on my midnight bargain. With the commander of darkness node flame dash feels so smooth and does not need any faster casting support gem. Another option would be another vaal discipline.

Honestly I am not sure if a lvl 1 clarity is worth the 10% increased damage and 5% attack and cast speed since it takes up a slot AND requires a lvl 4 enlighten to work (well in my case). But I am still unsure. It's either clarity, flame dash, or another vaal discipline (the setup is already extremely safe though; it's unbelievable).

Yeah clarity is not mandatory at all. Just a way to waste currencies :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info