[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

Hello,

The system for raise spectres is bad imo. For exemple for fire-eaters you go on the coast and you raise 1 to 4 spectres. Easy.

After you go to a high tier map (shaped reef T14). And you spam desecrate and you hope that cannibals fire-eater spawn, because if you are attacked before you do it you can die.

GGG has to change this system because it sucks.

I am levellig atm, I will post a feedback but my first impressions are good.

Last edited by NemesoK on Aug 13, 2017, 5:06:25 PM
"
NemesoK wrote:
Hello,

The system for raise spectres is bad imo. For exemple for fire-eaters you go on the coast and you raise 1 to 4 spectres. Easy.

After you go to a high tier map (shaped reef T14). And you spam desecrate and you hope that cannibals fire-eater spawn, because if you are attacked before you do it you can die.

GGG has to change this system because it sucks.

I am levellig atm, I will post a feedback but my first impressions are good.

i agree, spectre mechanics are horrible. GGG said however there are improvements coming in the future (eventually in the form of logout-persistent spectres).

unfortunately since 3.0 you can not find fire-eaters in "The Coast", since they were only spawning in cruel and merciless difficulty - which got removed. i mentioned that in the "what changed in 3.0" part at the bottom of my guide, it does not hurt shaper viability or anyhting, it just makes getting spectres even more annoying, since you now need to open for example a T8 shore map (almost always contains fire-eaters - make sure the map is not inhabited by anything), get the fire-eaters, then go to for example a pit of the chimera and get t16 spectres. for me that is not that big of a problem, since i play with flame sentinels or undying incinerators most of the time anyway (higher clearspeed and still enough dmg to delete any bosses below T16). and even if i want to do T16+ content i just start the session with one of the shore maps i put to the side whenever i find them.

about the dying while summoning spectres part - that is not true, zombies will take out any mobs that try to harm you while you do what summoners do - they don´t do it efficiently and you might face palm when you see them miss their foes 1 out of 2 times, but they do it.
Hi Wolf!

After two life necros in harbinger I want my next necro to be es-based and I figure the traditional low life variant is still pretty good for this.

I was wondering mainly what the consensus are around new mob types? I haven't tried spectres at all so am completely unsure what spectres to go for when it comes to general map clearing (and that also wont get gibbed for normal map bosses up to T16...)

I noticed you've leveled up to 89 so I bet you've tried out some things, if so how do you feel?
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
Veyzone wrote:
How much ES are you currently having in Harbinger? Made build in PoB with similar items, and ended around 4,5k which seems kinda low to me.

atm i do have 4.6k, which indeed seems low, but dont forget the other layers of defense, like the resists. ;) currently i am wearing a shav´s + a 5C crystal belt + a bunch of 1c items. and even the shav´s is very cheap atm, bought the offering cards for less than 2 ex. yes, the es number will be lower than in previous leagues, but things like resists stayed untouched and going down from 8.2k to about 7k in the late game is not that big of a deal, especially with volatiles reworked. i play safely and did not have any deaths in my maps yet.

Yeah, i started the build currently at lvl 88 with aound 5,4k ES feels pretty solid.
"
about the dying while summoning spectres part - that is not true, zombies will take out any mobs that try to harm you while you do what summoners do - they don´t do it efficiently and you might face palm when you see them miss their foes 1 out of 2 times, but they do it.

Hello, yes you are right, zombies are there to cover us ! :)

Today I bought several upgrades, like Presence of Chayula, legacy Energy from Within 11% ES, corrupted Midnight Bargain and so.

Now I have 7.5K ES and I can farm all T15 maps.
I have 2 questions :

1) My Raise Spectre gem is 18/20 atm, do I need a 20/20 or 21/20 to farm guardians/shaper ? What is the DPS gap between a 18/20 and a 20/20 ? Is that huge ?
2) Is the +2 to minions socketed gems important in the helmet ?

Best regards !

Edit: Here is my stuff :

Last edited by NemesoK on Aug 14, 2017, 6:39:36 PM
Is there a way to calculate DPS using Path of Building for a specific spectre?
"
haze0 wrote:
Is there a way to calculate DPS using Path of Building for a specific spectre?

tab Calcs > Manage Spectres

Find what u need add them form right column to left.
Now u can swap between any you have added in calcs tab below Main skill: rise spectre
You can also run map with inhabited by humanoids mod (1 alch on poe trade) and get fire-eaters fast that way. I have done that for maybe 20 times now on various different maps and only once they didnt spawn and that was on sewer map. Also huge thanks for this build guide!
"
allana wrote:
Hi Wolf!

After two life necros in harbinger I want my next necro to be es-based and I figure the traditional low life variant is still pretty good for this.

I was wondering mainly what the consensus are around new mob types? I haven't tried spectres at all so am completely unsure what spectres to go for when it comes to general map clearing (and that also wont get gibbed for normal map bosses up to T16...)

I noticed you've leveled up to 89 so I bet you've tried out some things, if so how do you feel?

yes, i tried a lot of things out, but honestly nothing has beaten flame sentinels for clear or fire eaters for single target yet, people were hyped for kitava heralds for example, but i think they are too hard to scale (part melee, part projectile based), solar guards are solid, frost witches from lunaris temple are fun but squishy (they bring their own frostbite curse), i´m by far not finished trying things but at this point if i just want to run some maps easy and fast flame sentinels are still my spectre of choice, they feel just awesome to use, since their damage is great and they are very spammy with their fireballs. goatmen-fire raiser and undying incinerators are also really well, but not as consistent as flame sentinels, which is why i would recommend them, especially if you have not played spectres yet, since they feel straight up awesome.
and dont worry about spectres getting gibbed, once you got the ascendancy node that gives your spectres 100% life, there are (in my experience) 4 things that can kill the spectres (apart from you dying which would cause your spectres to have undercapped res):
- playing shaper fight unoptimal so spectres do not leech enough (need to keep them attacking by using ball lightning)
- phoenix guardian´s charged explosion, if it hits them like 4 times in a row - just convocate them out of every 2nd explosion
- needing too much time for minotaur guardian with multiple damage mods - should not happen too often, once you figured out how to beat him fast, he will die before your spectres drop below 90%
- letting spectres attack atziris/uber atziris mirror clone in split phase

none of those is a major problem and i think most other characters have bigger problems (like having less than 1.8 million deeps or idk, "abyssmal" resists of only 75% :S)

Edit: i should mention i could only test new spectres on a 5l yet, since i wasn´t able to 6l my shav´s yet!
Last edited by xxWolf on Aug 14, 2017, 11:00:54 PM
"
NemesoK wrote:

I have 2 questions :

1) My Raise Spectre gem is 18/20 atm, do I need a 20/20 or 21/20 to farm guardians/shaper ? What is the DPS gap between a 18/20 and a 20/20 ? Is that huge ?
2) Is the +2 to minions socketed gems important in the helmet ?

Best regards !

1. Spectre gem level is not important, the damage difference between lvl 20 and lvl 18 gem is about 12k (per fire eater), which is not that much, considering each deals about 450k.

2. That depends, if you do not mind having to resummon zombies every once in a while it is not important at all, but zombies scale incredibly well with gem level (unlike spectres) and get much tankier in a +2 helmet. but i suggest going for a "The Vertex Vaal Mask", it grants +1 to all gems (so if you use an empower, that will also get +1 and therefore the vertex grants +2 to the zombies), it grants good energy shield, a bunch of chaos resistance, is affordable and it halves the mana cost of your zombies, enabling you to resummon them without turning off an aura.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info