(3.3) [Chieftain] Thermomix The second, WIP updating

"
@arclordz

1) essence worm ring gives +2 aura level, so 21 PoF will become 23 and therefore you don't need empower.
2) pyre converts all cold dmg to fire dmg, and actually the dot should be implied. and again: the generic cold dot of vortex is not the reason people use vortex. it's because SPELL DAMAGE is also applied on ignite for vortex. usually spell damage is no double dipper for ignite builds but for vortex it is.

2.2 and 2.3 i played LL RF chars always will leo shield, the regen is much worse than rotf shield because additional max fire res is GOLD. anyway it's an alternative, but below 15% regen (after RF burn) i would not switch to leo shield. for mapping it might be enough

few last words to vortex and my resume:
for vortex casting (with ignite chance gem) you dont need any cast speed. thats the cool thing about ignites, you want to deal one big hit and not many small hits. so you barely have to change something, only to compensate essence worm ring OR 2nd ring.
but my resume is i came up with so much modifications that it's indeed an entirely different build lol.

i will deviate to

+ astramentis and kaom's way. at the moment im sitting at almost 8k HP (so yes fairly less. and much lower armour than you) but will have around 6-7% extra life regen (tree a bit different).
will see how it goes ^^ cheers

yes, i understand essence ring give +2 to socketed gem, i implied you need empower if we drop essence ring because using all slot ring for unique will dropping life cap to 200-300. but, yeah...people have different approach on how to utilize RF, i can see your vortex build is using RF for +more spell dmg. As for me i use RF heavily for its Dot dmg, so i need flat life as much as i can get to boost it :D

so, we utilize vortex for its burst damage? is there any way to mitigates ele reflect?
any thought on using CWC for vortex?

side note: i guess its about playstyle..which one suits you better. As my build atm im using SR instead of FB becau i feel sluggish when i use flameblast. as using vortex, for me its to tiring to charge to every mob. but i think vortex is far superior than FB or SR in Bossfight.
Last edited by arclordz on Jan 11, 2017, 3:55:36 AM
if anyone wants to take part in the discussion of my derived build from this build here you're invited to join:

thread link

nice inspiration here ^^
"
if anyone wants to take part in the discussion of my derived build from this build here you're invited to join:

thread link

nice inspiration here ^^

nice, im glad it could get you brainstorming :D will be checking it out
ign:Aka/WindREEP/Equoris/DevilsmilE/TheLastHour/BigFuckinMaulMan and a lot more.
Added a new and a week old video i couldnt upload back then
ign:Aka/WindREEP/Equoris/DevilsmilE/TheLastHour/BigFuckinMaulMan and a lot more.
Finally hit lvl 90 and first time beat normal atziri, could be deathless if im not hit the mirror :|
I found a good shield and crafted reduce DoT with decent roll.

idk why i cant sustain RF with it without adding vitality aura+marble amulet.
"
arclordz wrote:
Finally hit lvl 90 and first time beat normal atziri, could be deathless if im not hit the mirror :|
I found a good shield and crafted reduce DoT with decent roll.

idk why i cant sustain RF with it without adding vitality aura+marble amulet.

weird indeed, tho that last few percent that you are missing from max roll is rather important

One thing to note is that if i have no endurance charges then i have about -25 regen per sec with the leo shield, would be plus 50-80 if i had a perfect rolled one. Since we are at full endurance charges constantly it shouldnt be an issue.

Edit,math: If i calculate it correctly, you should have 12.3% regen from tree and 81% fire resist without rotp. That means you are degening 17.1% from RF before the leo enchant and 14% after. Stone golem can almost bridge the gap between 12.3 and 14%, and if you are using a different one it may feel like you need vitality and a marble amulet to compensate. Endurance charges give another 4.9% regen, leaving us with 3.2% Extra life regeneration per sec, plus stone golem, plus if you have the boot enchant its another 2%, so roughly 6% regen if you use the leo shield.
It is normal to degen a little bit if you dont have any endurance charges, normally it doesnt affect the gameplay.
Last edited by DevilsmilE on Jan 12, 2017, 6:54:09 PM
"
DevilsmilE wrote:

weird indeed, tho that last few percent that you are missing from max roll is rather important

One thing to note is that if i have no endurance charges then i have about -25 regen per sec with the leo shield, would be plus 50-80 if i had a perfect rolled one. Since we are at full endurance charges constantly it shouldnt be an issue.

Edit,math: If i calculate it correctly, you should have 12.3% regen from tree and 81% fire resist without rotp. That means you are degening 17.1% from RF before the leo enchant and 14% after. Stone golem can almost bridge the gap between 12.3 and 14%, and if you are using a different one it may feel like you need vitality and a marble amulet to compensate. Endurance charges give another 4.9% regen, leaving us with 3.2% Extra life regeneration per sec, plus stone golem, plus if you have the boot enchant its another 2%, so roughly 6% regen if you use the leo shield.
It is normal to degen a little bit if you dont have any endurance charges, normally it doesnt affect the gameplay.

Im hitting break point without marble amulet now. dunno what happen last night..lol. Have you tried switching to SR? My Laptop Lag a bit when i use FB + FS, so i use SR instead.
Last edited by arclordz on Jan 13, 2017, 2:28:33 AM
"
arclordz wrote:
"
DevilsmilE wrote:

Im hitting break point without marble amulet now. dunno what happen last night..lol. Have you tried switching to SR? My Laptop Lag a bit when i use FB + FS, so i use SR instead.

Yes, i have been extensively testing the difference between SR and FB. Ran about 10 vaults run for each as the layout is almost the same each time. While SR feels a lot smoother its all just in our head as the averages came out to be 6:11 for SR and 5:34 for FB(Avg 1 breach). SR does a better job at clearing out huge screens due to its unrestricted targeting, while it suffers against tankier Rares and slower boss kills, when Flameblast can almost oneshot the boss aswell.

Honestly, both are perfectly viable, whatever you prefer should be used.
Last edited by DevilsmilE on Jan 13, 2017, 4:21:01 AM
Just hit level 90 on this build, it is extremely strong. There is one tweak I highly recommend, though: spend the 3 points on Unwavering Stance. I haven't died since I took it, it's extremely worth it. Not having flameblasts interrupted is essential not only for dealing damage but also for the life leech you get in tense situations. I mostly find it important for breaches, but that was pretty much the only content I ever died to before grabbing it, and now I just don't die at all. I'm not sure when I'd optimally pick it up, but I lean toward right before grabbing jewel slots.

Thanks for the awesome build, I've never had such an easy time on endgame content. Maps up to T15, 3 key uber Izaros, and Atziri are all completely trivial, looking forward to trying guardians.
"
Green9090 wrote:
Just hit level 90 on this build, it is extremely strong. There is one tweak I highly recommend, though: spend the 3 points on Unwavering Stance. I haven't died since I took it, it's extremely worth it. Not having flameblasts interrupted is essential not only for dealing damage but also for the life leech you get in tense situations. I mostly find it important for breaches, but that was pretty much the only content I ever died to before grabbing it, and now I just don't die at all. I'm not sure when I'd optimally pick it up, but I lean toward right before grabbing jewel slots.

Thanks for the awesome build, I've never had such an easy time on endgame content. Maps up to T15, 3 key uber Izaros, and Atziri are all completely trivial, looking forward to trying guardians.

Glad you are enjoying it, was debating UW for a long time, actually specced out of it at one point and for some reason just stuck to that, it is definitely a good investment.

Will be doing hc next league to see how far i can get with the build and also to what alternatives i can get to the breach uniques im using currently.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info